Sign in to follow this  
dr livingstone

is there anyone on here who want parkinson as manager ?

Nope - I live in Hull and saw what he did to them - dmn near got them relegated having been mid-table the season before - sound familiar???

Me neither to be honest. Done well at Colchester as No1, getting them promoted to Championship, then left them in the lurch to join Hull and totally ballsed it up there.

Hope it''s not true [:(]

This is turning into some sort of nightmare. We''re taking on another assistant manager who couldn''t get another management position after bungling things up at Hull??League 1 here we come.

[quote user="dr livingstone"]

i''ll start.

not in a million years.  

[/quote]

Rumour Alert! Rumour Alert!

Looks like less than a million years......in 72 hours he''ll allegedly be tuggin'' the reins at the helm of the squad - and tuggin'' his forelock to Queen Delia and her subservient subjects.....

"Mr Parkinson, when we shout sh*t you jump on the shovel! Right, here''s 50p, now go and build a squad for the assault on the Premiership - while I go and breeze amongst my many affluent chums in my luvverly restyrunt"........

Oh Dear! Another number 2 to drop us deeper in the poo......[N]

[quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="dr livingstone"]

i''ll start.

not in a million years.  

[/quote]

Rumour Alert! Rumour Alert!

Looks like less than a million years......in 72 hours he''ll allegedly be tuggin'' the reins at the helm of the squad - and tuggin'' his forelock to Queen Delia and her subservient subjects.....

"Mr Parkinson, when we shout sh*t you jump on the shovel! Right, here''s 50p, now go and build a squad for the assault on the Premiership - while I go and breeze amongst my many affluent chums in my luvverly restyrunt"........

Oh Dear! Another number 2 to drop us deeper in the poo......[N]

[/quote]

I have done my best to try to see things from the board''s perspective, but if they appoint Parkinson I have had it with them.  If they are realy that stupid and care so little for what the supporters want and need, they deserve all they have coming to them. 

[quote user="dr livingstone"]

i''ll start.

not in a million years.  

[/quote]

Yes...........He is by far the best man for the job!

Absolutely positively and totally NO!!!!

Thats more than a lack of ambition thats a lack of concisousness!!!

High calibre applicants?

HIGH CALIBRE APPLICANTS?

they are ruining this club!

Management career

Colchester United

Parkinson left Reading early in 2003 after 11 seasons to take his first steps into the world of management with Colchester United. Despite showing promising signs as he steered the U''s to safety upon arrival in February 2003, the 2003-04

season started poorly as Colchester slipped to three straight league

defeats, only softened by a victory in the League Cup. The U''s''

supremo, however, continued to motivate as they surged up the table,

looking like play-off contenders at one stage. They may have slipped

down towards the end of the season, but a strong FA Cup run, LDV run and a good finish left optimism for U''s supporters.

The 2005-06 season saw them finish in 2nd place, thereby gaining an unlikely promotion to the Championship - despite having the lowest average attendance of the division. However, he resigned on 14 June 2006 with a year left to run on his contract.[2]

Hull City

Parkinson was confirmed as the new manager of Hull City on 29 June 2006,[3] following the departure of Peter Taylor.

Hull agreed to pay Colchester £400,000 compensation. However, when he

led Hull against his old club, he was embarrassed as his former club

romped home 5-1.[4] After another defeat in the next match, he left by ''mutual consent'' on 4 December 2006, leaving Hull in the relegation zone.[5]

Charlton Athletic

On 5 January 2007, it was confirmed that he had been appointed as the Charlton Athletic Assistant Manager, working under Alan Pardew.[6] In April 2007 he was linked with the vacant manager''s position at Huddersfield Town, but opted to stay at Charlton for an increased salary, and to continue working with Alan Pardew,

his former boss at Reading. Having previously attended two interviews

with the Huddersfield Town board and verbally agreeing to take up the

position, he then retracted his decision to chairman Ken Davy just over an hour before a scheduled press conference at 09:30 BST on 4 April 2007, which was to announce his appointment as manager.[7] Parkinson signed a new contract with Charlton Athletic on 10 April 2007, which will last until 2010.[8]

Managerial stats

Team Nat From To Record
P W D L Win %
Colchester United Flag of England 25 February 2003 14 June 2006 187 79 54 54 42.24
Hull City Flag of England 29 June 2006 4 December 2006 24 5 6 13 20.83
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------From wikipedia. Dear oh dear.However, turns out Phil Parkinson was at the game today and it''s all nonsense afterall!

No way. Please tell me this is a dream and the season has yet to start.Look what happened to his tenure at Hull. Obvious flaws in his managment practice. The board can go get you know what. Appoint Parkinson and its league one all the way. Farcical, completly farcical. No way will I renew next season. Can''t believe I am saying this, but the club can go screw themselves.

It does look likely that the board have right royally screwed us again. 

Not sure there is anyone out there who will unite the fans bar Jewell.   However this time last year there were plenty of posters championing Parkinson - how quickly the world changes.

What is it with the attraction to Alan Pardews no2s - fnarr fnarr 

No.

And if they appoint someone like Parkinson after rabbiting on about all these "high quality" Managers beating a path to the doors of NCFC I will be beating a path to Smudgers door and pleading to join in with the protests!

No! Judging from Wikipedia it seems like he turned down the Huddersfield manager''s job at the 11th hour - in order to stay on more money as Pardew''s number 2. What does that tell you? Anyway, I wouldn''t want Pardew as manager, let alone his understudy (again!).