Sign in to follow this  
lucky green trainers

if city were a PLC....

their shares would be in the doldrums given out league position and form.  surely an opportunistic well meaning fan (like delia when she bought out chase) would see a chance to reinvigorate the club and put it back in the upper echolons of the english leagues???so yes delia -- i believe there are other ''idiots'' out there who would relish the chance to invest in this club, if the price was right.  simple as.  thinking as a fan - we''re playing brinkmanship with league 1.  as an owner -- its worth gambling and putting money in to see the club survive, and the value of your stock improve.  are the board thinking with their wallets as owners, or with their hearts as fans.  probably a bit of both.  however, bold actions are needed imo.

[quote user="lucky green trainers"]their shares would be in the doldrums given out league position and form.  surely an opportunistic well meaning fan (like delia when she bought out chase) would see a chance to reinvigorate the club and put it back in the upper echolons of the english leagues???

so yes delia -- i believe there are other ''idiots'' out there who would relish the chance to invest in this club, if the price was right. 

simple as.  thinking as a fan - we''re playing brinkmanship with league 1.  as an owner -- its worth gambling and putting money in to see the club survive, and the value of your stock improve. 

are the board thinking with their wallets as owners, or with their hearts as fans.  probably a bit of both.  however, bold actions are needed imo.
[/quote]

Smith will leave in tears as I predicted a long time ago. Chase eventually got it wrong after doing so much right early on. Smith got it wrong by thinking she could "fool all of the people all of the time".....Happily she never fooled me for a minute.

I''m now beginning to believe in my fellow Norfolk people once again as I was beginning to wonder if she would get away with it. It''s taken a while...but finally "Delia''s Norwich" has been exposed as the cynical PR stunt it always was....and in time the old grassroots club will once again rise from the depths when she finally walks.

The fan''s hold the "spirit" of this club...and they always will. We can (and will) live perfectly well without her...but she wouldn''t last five minutes without us on board. How arrogant it was that she thought she could.....

"Happily she never fooled me for a minute"

Are you truthfully saying that you even wanted her out during promotion season? OK things have slowly turned sour after prem relegation but 2-3 seasons before that things weren''t so bad were they? (playoff finals and promotion remember)

Of course she has outlasted her time and needs to move on but lets not forget there were just one or two good moments under her regime.

The Huck and the Duck are spouting the same kind of muck. Surprise, surprise. You''re both a little premature in your judgement but, like sheep seeking grass, trodding the popular road currently.

Cluck, like Nostradamus, if you make enough predictions you''ll be right about something eventually. You just have to hope it''s before you expire. Ms Smith did not get it wrong as far as building the interest in NCFC and, my quacking friend, that includes you. As the most prolific poster on this forum you are perpetuating interest in the club currently even though your intention may be to do the opposite. True failure on the part of the leader/majority owner/CEO of any organisation is a failure to stimulate enough interest in their product. Give yourself an F grade.

Rudolph, you are slowly but surely appearing to feel more comfortable putting on the same pair of slippers Cluck wears. Does it feel comfortable? Careful, when you look in the mirror, how will you be able to tell each other apart? It may all become too much for you and you''ll risk ending up with a split personality when the club''s fortunes start to improve, as it will. 

Nice paragraphs Yankee!

Cluck and I do concur on some points but that is not uncommon amongst posters and I suspect we are both similarly disaffected middle aged gits, however, there are differences and you shouldn''t feel so threatened as to fail to notice them.

There were even more great moments during the Chase regime.................didn''t stop him bring public enemy number one when it all went so horribly wrong did it? If the fat controller had told the truth when questione about the clubs finances rather that put spin on everything, it could have been oh so different. Sounds familiar does it not?

You never heard it being called "Robert Chase''s little old Norwich either.

This self publicist has milked the club dry albeit in a different way to Robert Chase. She has basked in the limelight and questioned the support (the Man City tirade was a disgrace), and is arrogant to the core.she did not raise the interest in Norwich City Football club. The excellent palyers and teams we had in the seventies, eighties and early nineties did that my friend.

Yes Delia i am sure that there are other "idiots" out there.

Yankee, come and sit in E Block with your chefs hat and apron on, there are many more of your ilk sitting there, happy for her and the board to spin us into oblivion.

cue more fighting and agrguing amongst the home support on Sunday, when Ipsh8 t roll us over.

nice Hotel, restaurant and catering facilities though.

[quote user="RUDOLPH HUCKER"]

Nice paragraphs Yankee!

Cluck and I do concur on some points but that is not uncommon amongst posters and I suspect we are both similarly disaffected middle aged gits, however, there are differences and you shouldn''t feel so threatened as to fail to notice them.

[/quote]

Although I am a ''long-sitting'' seasoned ticket clutcher and a permanent resident in the ZZzzzity Stand. My personal hygiene is most commendable - and I most certainly don''t smell of rancid BO, tomcats territorial spray, mothballs, victory V''s or stale wee.......Although I may be slightly myopic, I refuse to be classed as a ''disinfected middle aged git''......(I''m still in my mid-fortitude''s) and in better physical shape then "Jabba the Hartson"......

Now, what was this thread about again?[:|]