Sign in to follow this  
The Voice of the Thorpe Area

Well, at least it can't get much worse

Well I have to admit I wasn''t expecting that today. 2-0? I predicted 3.

I think we''ve got to look at it like this. Yes, we are currently rubbish. BUT. There is hope! On paper, we actually have an okay squad, with decent guidance, should move up the table. When a new gaffer is appointed, results tend to usually improve in the short-term  (our next game is against Ipswich...), which should see us move out of the drop zone.

Why am I writing this? Well, things can''t get much worse can they. We''re bottom, playing the kind of football that would make primary school coaches hand out wholesale detentions, and proving about as much entertainment as Ant and Dec on saturday nights.

So to conclude, things are bad, we can all see that. But there''s hope, let''s just see who they appoint. If it''s a Cotterill, Allen or even Bruce or Jewell, we can elate and look forward to championship football next year. If it''s Parkinson, or god forbid Roeder, well, a) yes, the board will offically be classed as insane, but b) things won''t possibly get any worse!

OTBC!

Ant and Dec, are better than Vernon Kay!!! (Family  fortunes with brian flippin Dowling on, does anyone watch that rubbish!!!)

Have we got a good squad on paper? i thought we did a month ago but now i''m concerned we actually havent.

I suppose in defence on paper we look ok, but at right back we are definatley weak. Drury is unreliable, while i think at centre back we need a new signing to play with eithe rshackall or doherty.

Our midfield is simply probably the worst in the division. No goals, no creativity, and no real passing ability. Russel, Lappin, Murray, brellier and two kids whove been chucked in at the deep end. Simply, you would swap that for any midfield in the league.

Hucks is a good player, but then all sides have one i''m sure, while on the right Crofts are only hope and he''s still a headless chicken!

Up top, with no supply and no confidence we also look weak. This could change, Cureton and Martin are good enough in the right systetm (not playing tohether though!).

Marshall in goal is decent, but if  he''s got 15 chances raining down on him a game what chance has he got!

I''m worried!

I think we do have a half decent squad, Huckerby, Cureton, Shackell, Drury, Smith and Marshall are all good players.

I think some people have got to take a slightly lighter view of the situation: things actually can''t get any worse, we are bottom! We''re all concerned, but sometimes you''ve just got to keep your chin up, and just be positive, even if you have bugger all to be postive about. Please tell me that some of you understand where I''m coming from? Cue the sarcy comments I bet!

I admire your optimism voice of the thorpe area but how do you conclude we''ll beat Ipswich next week? much as I hate to admit it they are 10 times better than us, they may have a dodgy away record but they normally come here and outfootball us at the best of times even when we beat them and I can''t see anything other than a painful defeat. Our only hope is that Paul Jewell or someone of similar stature is appointed by Tuesday and he brings in 2 or 3 decent loan players to freshen things up a bit, with a new manager and some fresh faces and with a fired up crowd  we may just turn them over. We may get the new manager but with our previous record in the transfer market it would be nothing short of a miracle if we managed to sign 2 or 3 players in less than a week.

Look

Thorpes second post was posted at 12.39, it was getting late. I reckon thorpe had had one or two sherry''s!!!