hes wants to come, hes at southend so compo shouldn''t be much, so whats the hold up? and before you all start, tilson is good enuf to keep us up for now and possibly give us much needed stability.

come on the boring board and appoint either him or allen now, or even grayson if hes interested.

Compo would be to much for our tight fisted board,they will appoint someone on the cheap again so that rules out anyone with premiership experience,my guess is parkinson

[quote user="lobster catcher"]Compo would be to much for our tight fisted board,they will appoint someone on the cheap again so that rules out anyone with premiership experience,my guess is parkinson[/quote]

But he''s at Charlton so we''d have to pay compensation for him too.

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"]

[quote user="lobster catcher"]Compo would be to much for our tight fisted board,they will appoint someone on the cheap again so that rules out anyone with premiership experience,my guess is parkinson[/quote]

But he''s at Charlton so we''d have to pay compensation for him too.

[/quote]Not really he is only an assistant,he probabley has it in his contract he can leave for nothing if a manager job comes along

He wants to come - how can you be sure of that, other than a dodgy sensationalist article in your local rag?

He''s at Southend so compo shouldn''t be much - absolute rubbish, he''s contracted until 2011 and the chairman would in no way let him go on the cheap!

Tilson is good enough to keep us up for now and possibly give us much needed stability - possibly but again it''s an awful big gamble for a club like Norwich in the predicament they''re in to plump for a manager who has only performed for a club he has true connections too (in the past he''s said SUFC are more than a job to him, they''re a passion!)

Tilson is good enough to keep us up for now and possibly give us much needed stability - possibly but again it''s an awful big gamble for a club like Norwich in the predicament they''re in to plump for a manager who has only performed for a club he has true connections too (in the past he''s said SUFC are more than a job to him, they''re a passion!)

That''s that then - I can remember when Rooney announced "once a blue always a blue." Then promptly moved to United.

Forget loyalty in football that only comes from the Fans not the greedy individuals who are involved in the game.

[quote user="The Great Drinkell"] 

That''s that then - I can remember when Rooney announced "once a blue always a blue." Then promptly moved to United.

Forget loyalty in football that only comes from the Fans not the greedy individuals who are involved in the game.

[/quote]

Rooney was 19, Tilson is almost 40.
Rooney involved with Everton for 9 years at most, Tilson at Southend (fan, player, coach & manager) for over 30!

It''s a bit different!

[quote user="mattscousin"]southend are a little club, even their new ground is gonna be as big as a goldfish bowl, tilson would be nuts to not consider moving to a club with 20,000 season ticket holders. we are bigger, sorry u essex boy but thats that![/quote]

I''d phone the doctors if I were you mate.
Bigclubitis can be quite nasty if not treated.

New stadium 22,000 with plans for easy expansion to 35,000 when necessary.  You must have one hell of a goldfish bowl if that''s small (think you might be confused with that lesser team from up the A12)

We don''t profess to be a big club, we know where we stand, we have the potential and a board who (on the whole) listen to their fans!

SOUTHEND UNITED FC
One Team in Essex

[quote user="Glasgow SUFC"]

[quote user="mattscousin"]southend are a little club, even their new ground is gonna be as big as a goldfish bowl, tilson would be nuts to not consider moving to a club with 20,000 season ticket holders. we are bigger, sorry u essex boy but thats that![/quote]

I''d phone the doctors if I were you mate.
Bigclubitis can be quite nasty if not treated.

New stadium 22,000 with plans for easy expansion to 35,000 when necessary.  You must have one hell of a goldfish bowl if that''s small (think you might be confused with that lesser team from up the A12)

We don''t profess to be a big club, we know where we stand, we have the potential and a board who (on the whole) listen to their fans!

SOUTHEND UNITED FC
One Team in Essex

[/quote]

SUFC - I think he''s winding you up ,mate . Don''t forget, it is half-term  [;)]

[quote user="Glasgow SUFC"]

Doh, that''s me reeled in! [:$]

Still, had the desried effect though.

[/quote]

''Twas because you have loyalty & pride for your team(good times or bad)..............nowt wrong with that [H]

[quote user="CID"][quote user="Glasgow SUFC"]

Doh, that''s me reeled in! [:$]

Still, had the desired effect though.

[/quote]

''Twas because you have loyalty & pride for your team(good times or bad)..............nowt wrong with that [H]

[/quote]Cheers mate for that.It''s clubs like Norwich (& Southend too don''t forget) who hopefully won''t let all these billionaire Yanks/Russians come into English football for short-term profit & rip the heart & soul out of the game.  I have mates who are Watford fans and they spent all last season waiting to get relegated to get back to the world of real football (I''m guessing although you lot probably enjoyed your year in the top flight, there was a lot of you who noticed the atmosphere & passion return once you got back to playing true clubs!)

Spot on Glasow old mate - thats exactly how I feel.

Best you whisper it very quietly on this forum though - there are plenty on here calling for the club to be sold to anyine with enough cash. Russian oil magnet or Far eastern politician with a dodgy background who have never heard of NCFC? No problem.

[quote user="Hairy Canary"]

Spot on Glasow old mate - thats exactly how I feel.

Best you whisper it very quietly on this forum though - there are plenty on here calling for the club to be sold to anyine with enough cash. Russian oil magnet or Far eastern politician with a dodgy background who have never heard of NCFC? No problem.

[/quote]

Yeah.....that ''Dodgy'' Mandaric bloke certainly left that Pompey in a right old mess didn''t he!

And look what he''s doing to the Foxes! Sellin'' them right down the swanny.....without Smegson.

To be serious though.....Not all supposed future investors who reside outside the inner ring-road, are actually the evil demons that folk assume they are.......But agree, there are some that I wouldn''t trust with my pint while I went for a pee..... 

Southend Utd messageboard (www.shrimperzone.com/vb) has today got a post from someone who has reportedly spoken to one of Steve''s mates who claims Tilly was at Norwich yesterday for an interview.  If you decide he''s the one, compensation to be £600k, yet to be agreed with SUFC board.Can anyone in the know on here, confirm Norwich were indeed interviewing for the manager''s role yesterday?Not good news for us if true, but if you get him, you''ll be getting a true diamond, one of football''s last true good guys!

[quote user="Glasgow SUFC"]Southend Utd messageboard (www.shrimperzone.com/vb) has today got a post from someone who has reportedly spoken to one of Steve''s mates who claims Tilly was at Norwich yesterday for an interview.  If you decide he''s the one, compensation to be £600k, yet to be agreed with SUFC board.Can anyone in the know on here, confirm Norwich were indeed interviewing for the manager''s role yesterday?Not good news for us if true, but if you get him, you''ll be getting a true diamond, one of football''s last true good guys![/quote]*** BUMP ***Guessing this got lost in threads relating to the aftermath of yesterday''s game/other potential manager rumours etc.Anybody know if NCFC were indeed interviewing on Friday?