Sign in to follow this  
Huddy

Relegation would finish us....

...unless theres a takeover.

I''m afraid i think that if we got relegated the club would be close to collapse without major investment. They rely on 20,000 plus gates every week, with higher prices, 20,000 season ticket holders and plenty of commercial activity. If we got relegated it wouldnt happen. Season ticket sales i''m sure would drop to below 15,000, probably closer to 10,000. People we either be disolusioned with going, or realise they can get a ticket when they want so dont bother forking out £300. Alot of people just have a season ticket, worried that if they get rid of it and we got promoted they wouldnt be able to buy one. From league 1 this wont happen.

Secondly, relegation would mean w ewould have to sell any assets and high earners on the cheap to balance the books. With huckerby (and dublin) retired, Marshall, Martin and the likes will be sold to the highest bidder. Players like Doherty, Drury and probably shackall would go as well leaving us with a very very poor squad. A squad not capable of a high finish in League 1, to challenge for promotion we''d have to buy 10 players or more, and buy them well.

Sorry to be so gloomy on a sunday morning, but its reality.

To be honest I would go and watch us in League One if we had an honest group of players giving their all. It must be something like that at present for the Lynn fans.

Perhaps relegation might be the catalyst for that major investment. The cook and her chums can be removed, after being totally discredited, and we can get on with the business of being a football club again. The board and their stooges always tout Leeds United as the club we mustnt emulate - today they stand in a much healthier position than ourselves. The abrasiveness and sheer bloody mindedness, Leeds against the world attitude encompasses exactly what i want to see at Carrow Road. We will not acheive that or anything like it with these current people in charge. The BatesPoyet/Wise triumvirate have, along with overriding support from the terraces reinvigorated Leeds to a frightening effect, and i for one would not bet against 2 consecutive promotions, as the momentum builds. Contrast that to our comatose state.  I would renew my season tickets at the drop of a hat, if some sort of major change for the better took place within the whole ethos of the club. That means cutting out all that is rotten in the club, the board, management and most/all of the players. Regardless of what division the Canaries were operating in. I would however, expect a Championship season to reward my loyalty.

[quote user="Sing up the river end "]Would we go into admin and get the debt wiped off ? I would of thought if we are doomed with a couple of games to go it would make sense?
[/quote]

I don''t think you''re allowed to do that any more after Leeds exploited that last season. I think now the points deduction would be carried into next season.