Sign in to follow this  
gissing canary

Did we know what we had with Green?

I always liked the guy, but wasnt fused when he left really, and even thought he had a poor season in his last one.Was just watching match of the day - and have to think now that he is englands No1 keeper, and maybe the reason we dont rate Marshall, warner, ashdown.......is cos green was so good??He has been awesome ever since he joined them.this is not a post about how we should never of let him go, it was his time, but maybe explains why as fans we have huge expectations for our goalkeepers?

I agree and have never understood the anti-Green posters on here.  He was worth 10-15 goals a season to us in my opinon for most of his time here.  OK his interest had gone by the time of his departure but frankly that is hardly a surprise for a guy good enough to cut in the Premiership and who probably stayed longer than many others in the same boat would have done before losing patience with our inability to get back.

Hadly surprising some of the successors between the posts dont match up to Greeno (although I have a feeling Marshall might come close in time).  I would prefer Green to the Robinson or James for England anyday.

Yes we did know what we had, well those of us who watched the games and know something about football anyway.

[quote user="gissing canary"]I always liked the guy, but wasnt fused when he left really, and even thought he had a poor season in his last one.
Was just watching match of the day - and have to think now that he is englands No1 keeper, and maybe the reason we dont rate Marshall, warner, ashdown.......is cos green was so good??
He has been awesome ever since he joined them.
this is not a post about how we should never of let him go, it was his time, but maybe explains why as fans we have huge expectations for our goalkeepers?

[/quote]

You are right greeno is a very special keeper.  Personally I do rate Marshall and has been our best player and I think in him we have finally replaced green.

What the hell is the point of this post exactly? Green left ages ago and for my money David Marshall is equally as good if not better. Also Green is not Englands No.1, Robinson is, Green isnt even in the top 3, its Robbo, James and Carson last time i looked.