Sign in to follow this  
Luke O Donoughoe

what would u prefer, us staying in prem for next 10 years or England winning Euro 2004 and World cup 06????

Surely is Norwich to stay in Premiership....I am not a fans of England team....

If you said Euro 2004 or Norwich I would say Norwich, just.

But if you throw in Euro 2004 win and World Cup 2006 win for England IN GERMANY, then I''d take that everytime.

But a very good question.

Norwich 100% all the way. Whenever I watch the national team I can never get as excited as when I watch Norwich.

XXL16, does that mean your''re a Scot or other foreign team supporter? If not how can you not be a fan of your own countries football team?!!
But to answer the question, gotta be Norwich in the Prem!!!! Every time, no question.

Although, as 1st Wiz already knows, England will win the World Cup 2006 anyway. 40 years exactly after their first victory!! Green in goal, Henderson on the wing with a cross to Owen to nod in the winner.

If the whole england team was made up of norwich players then I would think about it but at the end of the day there is only norwich and there will only be norwich for me. I remember the feeling of losing on penalties to DGermany in Italia 90 and Euro 96 but the pain and the agony of both added together did not come anywhere near as close as the loss to brum. We are premier league and if we remain there for 10 years I would sacrifice national glory. OTBC

No brainer really. City every time for me.

I dont think England have it in the locker to win Euro 2004 (there will be a penalty shoot out at some stage and someone will bodge it) but 2006 is a possibility. Erikkson has been building towards 2006 since he took over.

Amazing to think City will have been in the Premiership for two years by then.

A tougher one might be:

City stay in Prem for 10 years

OR

Ipswich relegated to Vauxhall Conference in 10 years'' time

I''d still go for City but then the latter would be jolly nice...........

City every time.

I''m a Norwich fan first, an England fan second.

International football is great to watch, but in all honesty for me its just passing away the months ''till the domestic season begins again.

For possibly the first time ever, we Norwich fans will be looking at some of the lesser known international players and wondering if Worthy has his eagle eye on them.
Good young players are uncovered every major championship, lets hope Worthy is as good on the international market as he is on the domestic.

Herb

England don''t even come close to paling into insignificance for me! City to infinity and beyond!!!

while i will watch euro 2004 with much enthusiasm (and cos i am starved of football and want it back like now!) norwich have to come first every time

i don''t care if england never qualified for anything ever again if it meant the premiership forever for our club

No contest. If England lose then I am fed up for about 10 minutes then back to normal. If City lose (can only just remember mind) I am devastated and extremely bad company for about a week.

how about norwich staying in prem for 11 years and england winning 2004, its a compromise.
other than that it has to be the yellas can''t get the same nervey excited feelings i do with england but it is still good when ingaaaaaland win except you see more burarry''s out they should be outlawed

I am afraid to say England to win Euro 2004..... only cause I have 2 tickets for the final, so watching England Win will be something else... Norwich Staying in the Premiership... well I have my ticket for that too!!!

Jonzey, may i suggest you check out the "Hong Kong Footy" section on the pinkun home page. This will explain everything you need to know about XXL16 and his reason for not supporting England.

In answer to the question............without a doubt, Norwich staying in the prem.

Is XXL16 the dude from Hong Kong then Fatboy? I checked out this section and couldn''t see a name anywhere so I''m still non-the wiser.

If so I suppose he would follow the Chinese national team. Surely they must be pretty good by now with 1 billion people to choose from, I bet they''re above Scotland in the FIFA world rankings?

Jonez, China 66th in the rankings, Scotland 56th.......not bad considering that there are 240 times as many Chinese! Real story is Ireland, up to 14th one place behind the English, with England very much on the slide.

http://www.fifa.com/en/mens/statistics/rank/compare.html?static=5

Sure I speak for all Scots, Irish and Welsh fans in wishing the Engerland (I believe that''s how you spell it!) team all the best for Euro 2004..........Diamond formation and Ledley King you''re going to need it!

10 Years of Premier football for me!

I''m with Iwan''s front teeth (never thought I''d say that particular sentence. Wonder where they are now...). I''ve never understood this widely-held apparent choice between club & country. They aren''t rivals, since they play in different paradigms, and there isn''t (yet) even a conflict between player assignment in terms of availability/injury risk, since Greeno isn''t the regular no.3. I''m a Norfolk boy and English, so I support both (simplistic I know, but I am an England fan, so please don''t ask for complexities!).

I know the thread subject was a hypothetical question, but nightmares apart we''re virtually guaranteed to be competing to either stay in (though not gain a meaningful place) or return to (which is also exciting at our level) the Premier every season for the next 10 years. On the other hand England winning the two biggest world competions consecutively comes along only rather rarely! Perhaps people can enlighten me as to the reasons for their own views on the subject?