Sign in to follow this  
Syteanric

Why i dont want Jewell

simple.. Loyalty!

He''s been out of the game a little bit and will be wanting to prove that he hasnt lost touch and can still work to get results.

I have been saying all week he will use us simply as a shop window for himself... We are going to struggle this season.. Paul Jewell, should he get the job, Will not make us playoff contenders.. because we simply arent good enough...

He wont be looking to stay here long Term.. the board cant afford to bank roll him, like he was Bankrolled at Bradford and Wigan, We wont be challenging for promotion/playoffs which is what Jewell will want. Paul Jewell is a succesful premiership quality manager... he will be looking to get into the premiership as soon as possible.

Our board are naive, possibly naive to the point of stupid. All Jewell has to do is spin the usual Bull Sh*t about how we have to get to the premier league etc, onwards and upwards blah blah and he will get the job and the board will offer him the job in a heart beat... all the while he will be looking for the first premiership job that comes along. As soon as it does he will be off...

I''d give him 6 months max to get noticed again.. ok if he gets a 3 year deal then we''d get compensation... but would then start next season having to find yet another loser to come in and take over.... once Jewells attracted the interest of the big boys he wont stick around...  He will leave.... "little" norwich or premiership big boys???? you choose.

Alot of people here are wanting Jewell DEsperately... i guarentee in 12 months time he''ll be public enemy number 1 after leaving us in the Lurch. stating that "he has his sights set bigger".

I want a manager who will give us some longevity, Credit to Nigel Worthington where its due he did this.... Peter Grant would of done it too... Paul Jewell will look out for number 1 and no one else!.

Yes we need to survive relegation but to have to rebuild again in 6-12 months time is going to rip us apart once more.

I would err on the side of Caution before appointing Jewell... a risk we cant afford to take!

jas :)

Every man is out for himself in football, Jas, with only very few exceptions. I want Jewell because I think he IS the bet man for the job. I''m confident he could save us this year & then try & puh for a playoff spot next season. I do not have this confidence in any other manager out there.

Oh ok, I''ll stop wishing for him and hope he goes to Leicester instead then......

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

simple.. Loyalty!

He''s been out of the game a little bit and will be wanting to prove that he hasnt lost touch and can still work to get results.

I have been saying all week he will use us simply as a shop window for himself... We are going to struggle this season.. Paul Jewell, should he get the job, Will not make us playoff contenders.. because we simply arent good enough...

He wont be looking to stay here long Term.. the board cant afford to bank roll him, like he was Bankrolled at Bradford and Wigan, We wont be challenging for promotion/playoffs which is what Jewell will want. Paul Jewell is a succesful premiership quality manager... he will be looking to get into the premiership as soon as possible.

Our board are naive, possibly naive to the point of stupid. All Jewell has to do is spin the usual Bull Sh*t about how we have to get to the premier league etc, onwards and upwards blah blah and he will get the job and the board will offer him the job in a heart beat... all the while he will be looking for the first premiership job that comes along. As soon as it does he will be off...

I''d give him 6 months max to get noticed again.. ok if he gets a 3 year deal then we''d get compensation... but would then start next season having to find yet another loser to come in and take over.... once Jewells attracted the interest of the big boys he wont stick around...  He will leave.... "little" norwich or premiership big boys???? you choose.

Alot of people here are wanting Jewell DEsperately... i guarentee in 12 months time he''ll be public enemy number 1 after leaving us in the Lurch. stating that "he has his sights set bigger".

I want a manager who will give us some longevity, Credit to Nigel Worthington where its due he did this.... Peter Grant would of done it too... Paul Jewell will look out for number 1 and no one else!.

Yes we need to survive relegation but to have to rebuild again in 6-12 months time is going to rip us apart once more.

I would err on the side of Caution before appointing Jewell... a risk we cant afford to take!

[/quote]

A good point that he could well be off if he gets the results, but right now we need some points!

If we do tie him up with a 3 year deal, and get compensation, then is it not a good investment, much like Ashton?

Also if he moves us up the league then the job may attract a higher calibre of manager next summer. Lets face it this and next season are not going to see us promoted.

simple.. Loyalty!

[/quote]

As long as he stops NCFC going into oblivion by keeping us in the Championship I don''t care.

i rather have someone with ambition with a point to prove, than someone useless, with no experience like Grant, if a premier league club comes calling means we are doing well.

you really are quiet mad aren''t you jas!

after waiting 3 weeks please ,please please, LET IT BE JEWEL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

[quote user="C.T "][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

"little" norwich or premiership big boys???? you choose.

[/quote]

Norwich City every time for me

[/quote]

ok C. T. lets look at it like this.. if your paul Jewell who do u choose? i doubt very much it will be us...

and there wont be any "pushing on for the playoffs next season" because he wont be here next season.

if jewel can get us away from the relegation zone and leaves in the summer for prem climes, then great - mission accomplished!!!  the board can then concentrate on getting their preferred choice in then, a skilled blarneymeister yes man, inexperienced and cheap.

i would love paul jewel to manage norrwich but you are spot on with what you say well said

sod next season , we just need someone to keep us in the championship and jewell might just do that . after that he can do what he likes !

[quote user="Bigmarkcanary"]Answer my question please jas. Who do you think is better qualified to get us out of this mess?[/quote]

Jewell is of course qualified to do the job.. but isnt it not one step forward and 2 steps back if he is here less than 12 months before scarpering at the first sign of a fat pay slip and an open cheque book at "premiership towers"?

we need stability.. we will not get this with Jewell....

Thing is jas, as much as i''d like to agree, we''re in too much of a dire situation to worry about loyalty. If he comes here, keeps us out of the relegation zone and signs of improvement generally, up until the end of the season, then good. If he leaves, fair enough, we''re in a better position to encourage another manager. If he stays, then he can bring in some of his own players.It''s nothing less than a win-win situation if you ask me.

[quote user="lucky green trainers"]if jewel can get us away from the relegation zone and leaves in the summer for prem climes, then great - mission accomplished!!!  the board can then concentrate on getting their preferred choice in then, a skilled blarneymeister yes man, inexperienced and cheap.
[/quote]

Sense and truth within the midst of another stupid, un-thought-out post.

Oh ok, I''ll stop wishing for him and hope he goes to Leicester instead then......

Just for the record Worthington spent the afternoon sitting in the directors box at Leicester with Mandric. 

[quote user="Bigmarkcanary"]Answer my question please jas. Who do you think is better qualified to get us out of this mess?[/quote]

Jewell is of course qualified to do the job.. but isnt it not one step forward and 2 steps back if he is here less than 12 months before scarpering at the first sign of a fat pay slip and an open cheque book at "premiership towers"?

[/quote]

Jas you are talking absolute B******* Jewell is a massive coup for the club and you should give them a chance!!YOU ARE TALKING PURE SH****

Bankrolled by BRADFORD. You are having a laugh mate, he ran this club on a scrooge budget, and signed low fee experienced players, whom he was able to motivate to the Bradford cause. That is why he is well thought of.

He did similar at WIGAN, he may have had money to spend, but again went for experienced pro''s like HESKEY, who did a job for him.

Bring him on I say.

Looks like you are abit out on your own with this one Jas.

I have to I''m hoping it will be Jewell - just because it will show us that the board do mean it this time and they are prepared to back their man financially - because there is no doubt that if Jewell was to come here it would be on the basis that he has funds to spend and quickly.

To be honest even if he just saves us this year and then goes, in my view he will have done his job. We are in deep deep trouble and just staying up this year from where we are now will be a major achievement.

Such an appointment will also mean the Turners are definately using their financial might to help - because the Smiths certainly don''t have the cash to attract such a manager. Again a good sign.

I do think it has got to the stage where the board will have to appoint either Jewell or Bruce (or someone with their stature in the game) as anyone else and; a) we are relegation certainties b) fan unrest will increase.

If a Parkinson, Tilson, Allen appointment was made it would just be a clear indication of where the board see the club and the aspirations they have for it - for alot of fans, including myself, this would be the final straw and I wouldn''t be renewing my season ticket unless there were serious changes in the board room before the end of the season.  

simple.. Loyalty!

[/quote]

But Jas, would you complain if we got a Premiership striker in on loan that got us out of trouble and in with a slim chance of a play-off place knowing that he cost a bit and the chances of us getting him for longer were slim?

Jewell whether for his own reasons or for ours could at the very least turn this club around and prevent us from becoming relegated and if he was poached after that? Well at least we would be the ones getting compensation for him.

But I think there is more about the man than that. When he was at Bradford they did not have tons of cash to splash, and Wigan although well backed still didn''t buy in many big money players. And that is what you have to admire about the man. He got in solid reliable players and got them playing as a strong team.

Whether people like to accept it or not I think we have a reletively good squad its just that for some reason every week they turn out to play as individuals with one or two defenders trying desperately to pull together to stop the goals going in.

Sure we have been total pants but you look at the teams that have beaten us - few could be said to be of any class and I on paper still have a weaker side. I think Jewell would be the one to really get the best out of the players we have and spend the money wisely to bring in new players to strengthen.

[/quote] Jas, take a quick look at the league table, we need a manager to get us away from the bottom now before we worry about stability.  We are already three points adrift, with those above having games in hand.  I wonder how many other teams in our position have said there are plenty of games left.  We need one step forward because at the moment we are going three steps back.  If you know of another manager who is available and you feel is qualified to do the job then why not name them, because quite frankly I can''t think of any with the same credentials as Jewell.  I don''t care if he buggers off after six months as long as he keeps us in this division.  Once a gap opens at the bottom in this division it is almost impossible to make up the ground.  Did you happen to notice yesterday that QPR, Preston and Leicester all won, and they are the teams we are competing against.

was he offered the bolton job ? no

was he offered the spurs job ? no

he''s always been a loyal manager to the clubs he has managed.

why would he not be loyal to norwich city ?

imo he is the only man who can reunite all parts of the club together. he is the best man for the job.

dont just hope for him pray he''ll come.

[quote user="can u sit down please"]so the payroll was open at Bradford....exactly who did he spend big money on?![/quote]

how many players did he bring in on fat salarys  before jumping ship to save his image when relegation was looming...

ASk the Bradford Fans what their time in the premiership did to them... infact... just look at their league position....

Looks like you''re very much out on a limb on this one Jas, and I''m not surprised.........

Who really cares if he does leave if he saves us from Division One ? That''s all that''s really important right now, isn''t it ? And it might turn out that he does so well that he''ll give it a shot at getting Norwich back into the Premiership in a season or two.

But that''s for the future...........we need to concentrate in staying in this Division right now. I don''t think we could do better than appoint Paul Jewell as our new manager.