Sign in to follow this  
Hartsons Gut

Who is supporting the board whilst we search for a new manager?

I haven''t trusted this board since we got promoted and they gave the manager a 3 million pound budget for transfer fees and wages and expected us to be competetive. Had more money been avaliable and we signed Ashton and a centre back at the start of the season we''d have stayed up. Hucks wouldn''t have signed had it not been for the share issue and a wealthy fan paying part of his wages so again they showed no ambition there.. Some fans seem to think Delia is beyond critisicm because she saved the club but the truth is her and her cronies are now on the verge of destroying the club by taking us to league 1 and because of that any good that she has  done has now been well and truly undone as far as I''m concerned.

Arthur Whittle whittled on:

It makes me laugh how all of a sudden none of you support the board. Ive noticed this recently with alot of posters on here. Strange that dont you think?..........Utter rubbish of course because thats why people like you get so hit up when i state how crap they are. So easy my friend.

How on earth did you come to this conclusion? Get back behind your bar, change the barrel and give your pump a pull!

Majority of you will know that since my original registering on here in 2004 i think it was.. i have been against the board....

My reasons stem back largely from the time Delia Sacked Mike Walker and appointed Bruce Rioch. Rioch imo was not a good manager.

Also, appinting Bob Cooper as chairman smacked of being an "old pals act" Delia at the time was involved with Sainsburys, her husband printed the Sainsburys magazine... Bob Cooper was former chairman of Sainsburys. this is the same chairman and Board who set up some kind of Feeder club agreement with Parma in Seri A which would of led to us swapping players with them on a loan basis for a season... this agreement never saw any players move from either club.

This is the same board who agreed that coventrys Purchase of Craig Bellamy should be made up entirelu of "ifs" and "ors" we made nothing from Craig bellamy.. we could of made 6.5 million if he had played the games and scored the goals. This is the same board who had a chief Exec named Steve Greenhall.. who seemed more intent on putting dog shows and cheerleaders on the pitch and getting us to hold up green or yellow cards to choose the colour of the clubs kit than do anything football related whatsoever.

Moving on a little bit and the appointment of Brian Hamilton, together with allowing him funds to bu Derveld, De Waard, Tony Cottee and Steve Walsh on a contract worth £200,000 for about 15 minutes of football.

When Hamilton went i can remember posting over on the official site (long before the days of that media company that run it now) that they needed to show guts rather than appoint from within (funny how the boards guts have never appeared isnt it?). they appointed Worthington, and in the early years it worked somewhat, although the boards dithering and reluctance in the Huckerby issue almost caught us out.. Nigel Worthington knew full well he wasnt going to get hucks unless us fans bought him.

in the Premiership we needed money, Worthington was given a paltry amount to sign someone... ANYONE.... we ended up with an overweight Danish has been, a Swedish Plodder, an arsenal teenager who didnt want to be here on loan, and a Defender who was even mocked at Spurs for being rubbish!.

the board knew that the manager needed a Dean Ashton, or a Peter Crouch... someone who would of scored the goals as we scraped and faught our way up the league!

Signing Dean Ashton in January was too late.

then there was offering Deano a new contract in the following season then showing shock when he didnt see it out.. AS IF HE WOULD!

i cant be bothered to type the rest of the boards short comings up that i can think of.... but its clear they have never had any idear how to run a football club.. its all been "slaps on the back and good job old chum" as another ''Friend'' Gets the job... Delia thinks everyone is happy clappy and supports the team and sings and cheers regardless of where they are.. she doesnt realise that a football club is like a relative.. when a relative is sick or dying it hurts... and a football club is just the same.

we need new investment... League 1 is too late... because i fear administration as we wont be able to financially support ourselves at that level (which could even mean League 2!). we need a buyer by christmas.

jas :)

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="Arthur Whittle"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="RUDOLPH HUCKER"]

I don''t support the Board I support the Club.

The Board represent those who own a civic asset.

If I chose to support those private owners by paying to watch what they have overall responsibility for creating I will do so when I consider they have met with my aspirations. Until they do I will continue to support Norwich City Football Club but not Norwich City PLC.

[/quote]

Exactly.

How many people actually support the board? I don''t know anyone who does. I proudly support Norwich City Football Club and always have done. I supported them with the same passion throughout the time of all the boards, managers and players since 1967.

Whenever I buy my tickets or merchandise I do so because I want to. I choose to spend my money following the club I support. I don''t consider that money is in support of who ever owns the club at the time.

Boards, managers and players come and go but the only real loyalty in the game is a oneway street from the fan to their club. And thats the way it always has been.

It''s a personal choice as to if when or how to withdraw that support.

[/quote]

It makes me laugh how all of a sudden none of you support the board. Ive noticed this recently with alot of posters on here. Strange that dont you think?..........Utter rubbish of course because thats why people like you get so hit up when i state how crap they are. So easy my friend.

[/quote]

hehehe so very true Arthur... [Y]

Nutty is about as transparent as one of our lovely board members himself... funny that don''t you think???

[/quote]

Well well Citizen Smudge... you and "Speed" are quick to try discredit me over this post but it''s rather unfair because, like you two "Carrow Popular Fronters", I have not really changed my view about the board in all the time I have posted on here. In fact if you look back far enough you will see that I was asking for Worthy to be backed when most other posters were asking for him to be sacked.

I thought you two were  better than that [:|]

Power to the people [:''(]

[quote user="RUDOLPH HUCKER"]Arthur Whittle whittled on:

How on earth did you come to this conclusion? Get back behind your bar, change the barrel and give your pump a pull!

[/quote]

Im not sure i get your point. Are you saying you still support the board and im wrong for suggesting you''ve changed your stance? Or are you saying you never supported the board? If its the first than you are clearly deluded, if its the last you are clearly telling porkies!!

[quote user="RUDOLPH HUCKER"]

Arthur,

Not everyone is polarised in their thinking or black and white in their views.

Stop trying to pidgeon hole me and give me a bag of scratchings.

[/quote]

55 Pence please.........very easy way[;)] out mate!

[quote user="Terminate the ipswich "]

It seems very split on here, but these days that seems to be happening allot.

Who is happy that the board is taking their time. I fully support it, as i dont want them employing some unknown.

[/quote]

I would have thought that employing an unknown would have taken longer.

I mean, we''d have to find him in the first place, wouldn''t we.

But then again, this board seems quite capable of any foolishness.

OTBC