Sign in to follow this  
Hartsons Gut

Who is supporting the board whilst we search for a new manager?

It seems very split on here, but these days that seems to be happening allot.

Who is happy that the board is taking their time. I fully support it, as i dont want them employing some unknown.

They have my support, for now.  If a week or two is the difference between Bruce, Jewell, Tilson or Grayson, who could all do the job required, and Allen or Parkinson, who in my book could get it horribly wrong, then it''s a week or two worth waiting.

[quote user="blahblahblah"]They have my support, for now.  If a week or two is the difference between Bruce, Jewell, Tilson or Grayson, who could all do the job required, and Allen or Parkinson, who in my book could get it horribly wrong, then it''s a week or two worth waiting.
[/quote]

Thanks Blah, a very good point and a reason for waiting.

Support the board are you kidding? Its their fault that we are in this awful mess. It was their mistake, taking a gamble giving PG the job a year ago. During the summer they sat back watched good players leave, and replaced with very poor players and they sat back and did nothing. If they new anything about football they would of put pressure on grant to get better players in. But no they thought they were very clever getting players that cost a fraction of the cost of the players that left. No it has all backfired on them, and we are in the worst situation i can remember in my life time. Even before PG left they should of had a shortlist of replacements so they could get someone in asap. 2 games have passed and soon to be 3 and no points. As each match goes past the harder it will become for someone to turn things around. One thing i do know is it won''t be duffy. My favourite now is Tilson or maybe grayson but can''t understand why they are taking so long. It will be a while before i start supporting this board again because i hold them responsible for this mess!

Terminate the ipswich, sorry but your signature says everything you need to know. Blind optimism is what got us here, in many ways. Im not Cluck etc. and calling you an "apologist" or other derogatory term but still, I do think you seem blindly optimistic.[:(]

Appointing PG was a gamble that could have paid off.  On paper this bloke ticked all the right boxes, unfortunately it didnt work.  The board deserve hammering for a lot of things at the moment don''t get me wrong.  But not everything, and for me PG was not their fault it was merely an appointment that didnt work.

Its how they have learnt from this that will be a measure of how good they are.  Only time can tell........

Yes, I fully support and wholeheartedly applaud the superb board!

They''re the best thing to happen to this club since the BIG BANG! I cannot speak highly enough of this wonderful group of most ostentatious human beings - who actually really care so much for the loyal and gregarious support.

I for one hold them with so much esteem and gratitude for what they have sacrificed and done for this club.

Anyone who thinks otherwise - is absolutely, of sound body and mind. [I]

The board haven''t had my support for a long time, simply because they aren''t very good, very naive and need replacing. They''ve turned NCFC into Camberwick Green. If the new man is good, it will be down to more luck than judgement.

[quote user="Terminate the ipswich "]

It seems very split on here, but these days that seems to be happening allot.

Who is happy that the board is taking their time. I fully support it, as i dont want them employing some unknown.

[/quote]

Ive actually gave up worrying because without major investment i cant see any manager changing the current team. Im sure they''re a good bunch of lads and im sure they''re hearts are in the right places, but if you sell your best players and replace them with average ones you are going to be in troble. I hate saying it but you cant polish a turd!

[quote user="blahblahblah"]They have my support, for now.  If a week or two is the difference between Bruce, Jewell, Tilson or Grayson, who could all do the job required, and Allen or Parkinson, who in my book could get it horribly wrong, then it''s a week or two worth waiting.
[/quote]

[Y]

[quote user="Mello Yello"]

Yes, I fully support and wholeheartedly applaud the superb board!

They''re the best thing to happen to this club since the BIG BANG! I cannot speak highly enough of this wonderful group of most ostentatious human beings - who actually really care so much for the loyal and gregarious support.

I for one hold them with so much esteem and gratitude for what they have sacrificed and done for this club.

Anyone who thinks otherwise - is absolutely, of sound body and mind. [I]

[/quote]

..........Er , do I detect a note of sarcasm?[:O]

They lost my confidence a very long time ago but like others will wait until they have appointed the new man. 

Fail again and they will undoubtedly come under the same pressure that was brought upon Robert Chase at the end of his reign, we are after all a loyal and passionate bunch.  Many on this message board will remember the last time it got nasty and unlike the lot down the A140 successfully removed a defunct chairman and /or owner.

The club sits balanced on a knife edge, let’s hope they finally get the right man and not some misfit, has-been or nearly man

OTBC

just because there taking there time does not mean they are not going to employ some unknown.

my support for them ran out along time ago.

( come on delia lets be hearing from you ).

I recall the "exciting" build up to Grant "coming home"....

I wouldn''t trust this lot even if they got Jewell here....purely because they don''t have a clue. One man on his own given this abysmal squad and the shortage of funding is on a loser from day one.

I don''t support the Board I support the Club.

The Board represent those who own a civic asset.

If I chose to support those private owners by paying to watch what they have overall responsibility for creating I will do so when I consider they have met with my aspirations. Until they do I will continue to support Norwich City Football Club but not Norwich City PLC.

I am a reasonable man, and the board had my support until this season, when the shocking reality of what a complete and utter shambles the footballing side of the club has become, with a reported huge debt in tow. The board are indirectly responsible for the state of our squad, because they hired Peter Grant, a man with zero track record as a manager. He clearly talked the talk at the interview. But one should be very very wary of such people. They often can''t produce the goods - and he bought a load of below par players. Quite frankly this is the worst position this club has been in for over 45 years. That is why I have turned totally against them. Some people seem to think this situation is no different to the Worthy out campaign - but it is not. We are in big big trouble. I want the board to prove me wrong, but I think their shocking management of late could cost us dearly. They need to appoint a good manager, and if waiting a bit means we get a better one, then okay, but at times it has looked a bit of a shambles compared with how Palace and Bolton have moved and secured stability by appointing new managers quickly.

[quote user="Canary Poirot"]They need to appoint a good manager, and if waiting a bit means we get a better one, then okay, but at times it has looked a bit of a shambles compared with how Palace and Bolton have moved and secured stability by appointing new managers quickly.[/quote]

But looked who Bolton appointed as their manager... it''s all very well getting a new manager in quickly but if it takes time to find the best man for the job then so be it. Having said that, though, I''m not convinced they will appoint the best man for the job. If they don''t then they can''t possibly justify taking so long over it.

It''s the players need supporting

Some one needs to take charge and get them mental help because i wouldn''t be suprised if they all had breakdowns soon enough

I no longer support or trust the Board in any decision involving the Club. Not once in their tenure have they pushed out the boat in a true (please note the nderlining before you say what about Hux, Ashton, Earnie etc. none of whom were true gambles) 

Expect the cheap option.

Had their chance(s). Muffed it!!! Next please.

The board will gain or lose my support on the appointment for manager as the appointment will make or break our season and will be the difference between survival and relegation - so i ask the board prudence or ambtion? 

[quote user="RUDOLPH HUCKER"]

If I chose to support those private owners by paying to watch what they have overall responsibility for creating I will do so when I consider they have met with my aspirations. Until they do I will continue to support Norwich City Football Club but not Norwich City PLC.

[/quote]

Exactly.

How many people actually support the board? I don''t know anyone who does. I proudly support Norwich City Football Club and always have done. I supported them with the same passion throughout the time of all the boards, managers and players since 1967.

Whenever I buy my tickets or merchandise I do so because I want to. I choose to spend my money following the club I support. I don''t consider that money is in support of who ever owns the club at the time.

Boards, managers and players come and go but the only real loyalty in the game is a oneway street from the fan to their club. And thats the way it always has been.

It''s a personal choice as to if when or how to withdraw that support.

So Delia is an OAP who writes cook books and prayer books (in long hand mind you), Michael Wynn Jones is the man who used to publish the Sainsbury''s Supermarket Magazine, Roger Munby used to be a brand manager for a sweet company, the Turners are accountants..... why believe they are capable of running a football team and choosing a manager any more than the guys on this Message Board.

According to Neil Doncaster Delia chose Peter Grant and the Board endorsed her choice. She has made other choices and these have included the Turners as directors and Roger Munby as Chairman so it seems likely that the next choice of manager will be the choice of Delia again.

It is said that men choose their female staff within 30 seconds of them appearing at interview and I would suspect the same applies to women choosing male employees.Consequently I have little faith that the next Manager will have any more credentials other than he appealed to Delia. Well after all it is she that pays the piper and she can call the tune.

As Delia, from where she sits, will see a lot of the new managers back, lets us all hope (and pray if we have a mind) that he has a nice backside as well as being able to fire up the team!

I''m supporting the players, they are the ones who need our help.

Me? support the board? thats a bridge too far I''m afraid, I have never trusted or supported any City board................and I''m not starting now!.

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="RUDOLPH HUCKER"]

[/quote]

Exactly.

How many people actually support the board? I don''t know anyone who does. I proudly support Norwich City Football Club and always have done. I supported them with the same passion throughout the time of all the boards, managers and players since 1967.

Whenever I buy my tickets or merchandise I do so because I want to. I choose to spend my money following the club I support. I don''t consider that money is in support of who ever owns the club at the time.

Boards, managers and players come and go but the only real loyalty in the game is a oneway street from the fan to their club. And thats the way it always has been.

[/quote]

It makes me laugh how all of a sudden none of you support the board. Ive noticed this recently with alot of posters on here. Strange that dont you think?..........Utter rubbish of course because thats why people like you get so hit up when i state how crap they are. So easy my friend.

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="RUDOLPH HUCKER"]

[/quote]

Exactly.

[/quote]

It makes me laugh how all of a sudden none of you support the board. Ive noticed this recently with alot of posters on here. Strange that dont you think?..........Utter rubbish of course because thats why people like you get so hit up when i state how crap they are. So easy my friend.

[/quote]

hehehe so very true Arthur... [Y]

Nutty is about as transparent as one of our lovely board members himself... funny that don''t you think???

[/quote]

Exactly.

[/quote]

Why was there almost no opposition at the AGM then, with Keith Roads even being told to "SHUT IT" when raising valid criticisms? To me alot of the shareholders can best be described as "wealthy spectators" rather than passionate supporters.

[/quote]

Exactly.

[/quote]

You couldn''t make it up could you?

Apologist piffle.