Sign in to follow this  
James Kent

Its is being reported that Martin Allen will be put in charge early next week

A nutter who, as his first task at every club he''s been to, gets the players to scrub the toilets after they''ve all been out for a curry to show them how privileged they are to be footballers? I should think that would go down a bundle with the likes of Hucks and Double D. 

[quote user="Jim Kent"]Personally I would be happy with this he would have been my third choice behind Jewell and Bruce.[/quote]Same here mate. If we can''t get Jewell or Bruce my next choice would be Allen.

Me too - Jewell would probably be everyone''s favourite but you have to be realistic and admit that there would be far better options for him so it would be a big surprise and a huge coup if he came; Bruce would be next but ditto applies.  Of the more realistic list, I''d certainly have Allen at the top.  I wasn''t too sure about his signings in the summer but they do seem to be gelling now, and he would certainly get the players sorted = imo that is what is needed most.

[quote user="Barry Brockes"]A nutter who, as his first task at every club he''s been to, gets the players to scrub the toilets after they''ve all been out for a curry to show them how privileged they are to be footballers? I should think that would go down a bundle with the likes of Hucks and Double D. [/quote]

Exactly the sort of person we need.

[quote user="Barry Brockes"]A nutter who, as his first task at every club he''s been to, gets the players to scrub the toilets after they''ve all been out for a curry to show them how privileged they are to be footballers? I should think that would go down a bundle with the likes of Hucks and Double D. [/quote]Sounds exactly what Huckerby needs actually, followed by a one way ticket west

Probably the type of Manager we need - hard as nails! I suggest that Dion should be part of his Management Team, to provide the balance.

i have no problem with allen, but if it is allen WHY DID THEY WAIT 3 WEEKS! he wanted the job the day after grant left! but our piss-poor board tried to muddle on with duffy,THROWING AWAY P POINTS IN THE PROCESS!

[quote user="Barry Brockes"]A nutter who, as his first task at every club he''s been to, gets the players to scrub the toilets after they''ve all been out for a curry to show them how privileged they are to be footballers? I should think that would go down a bundle with the likes of Hucks and Double D. [/quote]The way some of the players are playing it''s all they are fit for

[quote user="cartwheel"]i have no problem with allen, but if it is allen WHY DID THEY WAIT 3 WEEKS! he wanted the job the day after grant left! but our piss-poor board tried to muddle on with duffy,THROWING AWAY P POINTS IN THE PROCESS![/quote] Are you serious? Thiunk about it for a millisecond or two eh?

reported where?if martin allen gets the job then jewell  has turned it down.ALLEN was not first choice.i think he is shite.

I have just seen Martin Allen leaving a petrol station in Reading so he''s not deep in talks right now ! However he was driving along the A4 theoretically towards Norwich , albeit 150 miles away . However i think we should thank our lucky stars if he did join us considering the mess we are in . He has a near 50% win % over his management career ( source : Wikipedia ) which is far above many of the other candidates being touted , including Paul Jewell.( under 40% ) .

Slight flaw in that argument being that Jewell has been pitting his wits against some of the best teams in the country for a fair bit of that time and Allen has been pitting his wits against League 1 and 2 teams.

The board have been forced to wait, they could probably have gotten any 3rd rate manager and then our fans would have scolded them for it, so my guess and belief is its someone who the fans have been reported to warm towards, like Jewell...and judging by the fact he was not available until Nov 1st which is Thursday...i think we can expect him to be named this week. Remember the board must know if they get this wrong..they''re out, but if the fans get it wrong then the board can''t be fully blamed. Allen even though he''s been succesful at certain times, would be the wrong choice for this club.

[quote user="gangmower"]reported where?if martin allen gets the job then jewell  has turned it down.ALLEN was not first choice.i think he is shite.[/quote]How do you know Allen wasn''t first choice? Jewells reps said two weeks ago he wasn''t interestested.....You think Allen is Shite based on......... the way Brentford tore us apart in the League Cup? I thought they were pretty imnpressive. Take a look at his stats on Soccerbase.com

[quote user="T07"][quote user="gangmower"]reported where?if martin allen gets the job then jewell  has turned it down.ALLEN was not first choice.i think he is shite.[/quote]

How do you know Allen wasn''t first choice? Jewells reps said two weeks ago he wasn''t interestested.....

You think Allen is Shite based on......... the way Brentford tore us apart in the League Cup? I thought they were pretty imnpressive. Take a look at his stats on Soccerbase.com
[/quote]

He wasn''t there when they beat us was he? I agree though, he would be a good appointment for us.

Strange that so many seem to think Allen and is attitude is just what we need - so it is fine for a manager to get the players cleaning toilets etc but should he dare to criticise them in public ( a la Grant) then that is terrible!! I would suspect that some of his antics would lose the dressing room as quickly as Grant managed!

Allen hasn''t been promoted as a manager and has little experience at this level. I feel he would be a risky appointment - no doubt he would shake thinks up though. Not sure if he would be able to draw the calibre of players that say Jewell, Bruce or even Ince could.

[quote user="Stevie Wonder"]

Strange that so many seem to think Allen and is attitude is just what we need - so it is fine for a manager to get the players cleaning toilets etc but should he dare to criticise them in public ( a la Grant) then that is terrible!! I would suspect that some of his antics would lose the dressing room as quickly as Grant managed!

Allen hasn''t been promoted as a manager and has little experience at this level. I feel he would be a risky appointment - no doubt he would shake thinks up though. Not sure if he would be able to draw the calibre of players that say Jewell, Bruce or even Ince could.

[/quote]

Totally agree there about Allen.

I don''t think his style is what we need at all right now