Sign in to follow this  
yellowngreen

I think we can make the play offs

It''s mathematicaly possible but highly unlikely unless we get a red hot manager to fire up the players.

Sunderland did it from this position last year when they got Roy Keene onboard.

So keep the faith and who knows.

[quote user="yellowngreen"]Anybody else ???[/quote]Whatever your on....I want some!

well in maths we can, and other teams have done things like that in the past (going from near bottom to promotion, from xmas) but the new gaffa really really needs to find out how the team needs to be organized, and motavate them so we can start wining

[quote user="yellowngreen"]Anybody else ???[/quote]

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

no, not unless we get a miracle worker(Jesus for manager?!)

backed with £££

I am seriously worried about getting out of this league at the other end

[quote user="yellowngreen"]Anybody else ???[/quote]

If you email me your phone number I will send you the name of a good therapist.

Oh yes, absolutely, without a shadow of doubt, nailed on certainty etc etc. And now the jokes are over let''s take a reality check.  We are in this position because Grant bought players who are not good enough to compete at Championship level.  A new manager will not be able to make a silk purse out of a sow''s ear.  He won''t be able to make any purchases until January.  Loans yes, but will the club pay the price for the quality that is desperately needed and even then will these players either be available or indeed willing to come to us in our present position?  Yes, if the new man is the right choice he may well be able to motivate the current squad into performing better than they are now, but I just don''t think there is the quality in the majority of the team to do anything more than pinch a few points that might get us out of the bottom three.  Let''s not forget we are also staring at two games which are likely to yield NO points and if this turns out to be the case, we could easily be NINE POINTS adrift!   Given that the teams above us are unlikely to loose every game, we will then need to win 5 on the bounce to even be back in joint bottom position.  I know this seems extremely negative and believe me I wish it were different, but unfortunately I fear it is realistic.

Play-Off''s ?........................Yeah Right! 

[quote user="Rutland Canary"]

It''s mathematicaly possible but highly unlikely unless we get a red hot manager to fire up the players.

Sunderland did it from this position last year when they got Roy Keene onboard.

So keep the faith and who knows.

[/quote]

they also spent a fair amount of dosh...

The Daily Mirror today says we looked like a team pulled from the local pubs on Saturday and unless the new manager works miracles we are relegation certainties , i would forget promotion for this season and just pray .

The way things are right now I''d settle for fourth from bottom at the end of the season.  However, there may be a nugget of truth in the OP.  I remember before the season began there was a poll on these forums about how optimistic people felt about the new season.  I voted for ''undecided'', but the majority were ''optimisitic''.  Their opinion was no doubt primarily based on the signings Grant had made over the summer, together with the shipping out of folks like Hughes.  Alas, Grant did little to strengthen the deference and we went into the season without a creative midfield influence.  But on paper at least we still have some good players who are capable of much more than we are seeing.  I think the play offs are way beyond us now that everything has imploded like it has, but these players ought to be good enough - if we get a decent manager who can properly motivate, organise and get them playing again, and if the board is willing to fund said creative midfield influence and defensive improvements - to reach mid-table. One thing is for certain though, the board MUST get this appointment right as potential relegation will see the already poor financial situation become a complete disaster, thus compounding our decline.  My Dad told me for years horror stories of division three south and he can''t believe we''re on the verge of going back to it again.

I must have missed something somewhere - I didn''t realise that there are now play offs for relegation.

Assuming that these work on the same principle as the play offs for promotion, then yes, I agree.

We could possibly finish in 22nd, 21st, 20th or 19th position and get into the relegation play offs but in all honesty I think we''re more likely to be in one of the two automatic relegation positions.