Sign in to follow this  
Scole Canary

Sunday Newspaper Gossip (Allen & Holloway)

Plymouth boss Ian Holloway is on the shortlist to take the vacant managerial position at Norwich. (News of the World)

But former Leicester manager Martin Allen has had a second interview for the post at Carrow Road and could be appointed this week. (People)

Holloway could be interesting!

Just to stir the pot again on the BBC FOOTBALL site it states that Holloway is on our list and that Allen has had a second interview this week!!!!!!!.

When will they just get on with it and name our new manager??????

Plymouth boss Ian Holloway is on the shortlist to take the vacant managerial position at Norwich. (News of the World)

Via the NotW so take it for what it is!

Yes, it seems Allen is now favourite after a second interview and Holloway is 2nd on the shortlist. Jewel is now linked to the Middlesbough job as Southgate is under pressure from fans up there.

Ive wanted Allen all along because he is one who will take no crap from players something which we havent dealt with for a long time and he will argue with the board instead of being a yes man.

Say that top of the Norwich Hit list is Plymouth manager Ian Holloway.

Now I know that this comic, sorry, newspaper has more in common with Viz than anything else but this story really did catch my eye.

Apparantly Holloway is sick of the restricted transfer budget at PA despite leading them to the top half of the table.

Like Jas I would question Paul Jewell''s loyalty, this would not be problem I think with Holloway.  For me he would be a great appointment.  Worthington was a bit of a disciplinarian and he lost the dressing room, I would imagine that Grant was similar....Whereas Holloway comes across as different, maybe a friendly, one of the lads style manager would really get us going.

And also, as I have said before....even if the football is rubbish at least the post match interviews would be entertaining!!

The same paper also states that Wolves are planning a january move for striker Chris Brown.  so for all you doom and gloom merchants out there, every cloud can have a silver lining....

Message to WE8WBA, if its true - HaHaHaHaHaHaHaHa.......

id take "olly" here in an instant.. a decent manager and an honest bloke to boot.. he''d get us to mid table security and knows how to operate on a budget...

jas :)

According to the News Of The World (Trusted reliable paper that one!!!!!), Ian Holloway is hot on the boards list. At least if the results don''t improve under ''Ollie'' thepost match interviews will be good comedy value!!!!

It seems that once Jewell gets back from overseas and then probably turns us down for Leicester (with their wealthier chairman) - we will go for Martin Allen which is probably the best available option on the table at this time  - provided we can get a decent number two/coach to go with the package (a good assistant option  is Parkinson but he is unlikely to move to another deputy managers job at this stage)

Why would Wolves be planning a January move for Chris Brown (why would anyone for that matter)?

Surely that ridiculous bit of speculation should be enough to discount any of their managerial theories.

I live in Plymouth and Holloways seen as a god here for what hes done to the local tin pot, celebrate throw in, championship pretender gang who are annoyingly doing better than us at the moment. but yeah, to be fair hes done a good job and interestingly made Argyles players pay back the cost of tickets on one poor away game they had to the fans, so i guess that shows he values fans highly. well all know how comical he is and all that lot, but i really can''t see him at Norwich, Argyle have a horribly restricted transfer budget yes and about 13 of their players will be out of contract in the summer (apparently) with a few going down the capaldi route and not wanting to renew so if theres an oppourtunity for him to jump ship i guess he might take it and if the turners are ready to finance a transfer budget he may be even more tempted.for my own personal safety however id rather he didnt join, hes the best manager the green, pasty loving, chav strewn scum have ever had so they might want to mug me repeatedly for wearing a norwich shirt.my ten cents

[quote user="baldyboy"]Ive wanted Allen all along because he is one who will take no crap from players something which we havent dealt with for a long time[/quote]Whereas Grant baked them cakes and gave them self-help books?

might as well have done cos they didnt wanna play for him. if that was the case with allen they would be shown the door.

I guess Mick McCarthy knows him from his Sunderland days?

They''re welcome to him! Anyone who is stupid enough to pay for him is.