Sign in to follow this  
Steelsilver

Jewell interviewed twice!!

Reading between the lines, "with City believed to be carrying out second interviews today" is the only link to "Paul Jewell having a second interview" - basically, there is no factual mention of him even having one interview, and the fact that City are even holding 2nd interviews - whether he is participating or not - is pure speculation...

Reads like an article pieced together from cuttings of the weekends Sun and News of the World.

yeah and if we don''t pull our fingers out he will go elsewhere! Why interview him twice? Just give him the job, before its too late

''''Jewell has spent most of the past two weeks out of the country, but it is understood City have had at least two “phone interviews” with him and planned a face-to-face on his return to England.''''

He''s not coming here - complete spin that we''ve interviewed him, I reckon. (Good PR to be being seen supposedly interviewing the fan''s first choice...)

The two phonecalls probably amount to a secreary in one of the swanky new offices ringing 118118 and asking for the number of a Mr P Jewell in Wigan.

I''ll be very happy to be proved wrong though!

I''m not sure why in heaven''s name we hardly need to interview the bloke once, much more twice. I would have thought Jewell would want to interview us far more than we need to interview him. Surely football managers can be assessed to a very large extent on their track record of football management which is all in the public domain without the need for any detailed interviews. Look where detailed interviews got us last time around! ''He impressed us at interview with his passion''. Yeh, right - shame he couldn''t manage a football club.

[quote user="Salahuddin"] Why interview him twice? [/quote]

Phone call no.1 - "hello? Mr Jewell? It''s Delia here from Carrow Road. Would you like to become our new manager, and put the World to rights? ....erm....hello? hello?"

Phone call no.2 - "hello? Mr Jewell? It''s Delia here again, yes, from Carrow Road. Can you hear me? I think we might have a ...erm.....poor signal....hello? Are you there?".....