Sign in to follow this  
The Fish Seller

Just supposing Delia sold up right now.

She would be leaving us in our lowest league position for nigh on 50 years.

She would leave us facing relegation to the old Div 3 for only the second time since we moved to FCR.

She would leave us Managerless.

She would leave us with one corner of the ground effectively hockedoff (well for 147 more years anyway).

She would leave us £20,000,000 (and the rest I suspect) in debt.

She would leave the once magnificent fanbase divided and bickering with each other.

She would leave us with a squad worth just a quarter of that which she inherited.

She will have been responsible for the two worst extended periods of football I''ve witnessed us play in over 40 years (Three worst if you throw in Worthys swansong period but Hamilton and Grant  does it for me).

She would be leaving  with most if not all of her Investment possibly even a small profit.

Am I wrong? Some legacy...

[quote user="Prudence with Damnation."]

She would leave us facing relegation to the old Div 3 for only the second time since we moved to FCR.

She would leave us with one corner of the ground effectively hockedoff (well for 147 more years anyway).

She would leave the once magnificent fanbase divided and bickering with each other.

She would leave us with a squad worth just a quarter of that which she inherited.

She will have been responsible for the two worst extended periods of football I''ve witnessed us play in over 40 years (Three worst if you throw in Worthys swansong period but Hamilton and Grant  does it for me).

She would be leaving  with most if not all of her Investment possibly even a small profit.

[/quote]

No....you''re not wrong at all......Sadly it pretty much sums up where the "saviour" has led us...and it''s certainly not the promised land.

Well done Delia...well done.

[/quote]We are not facing relegation to Division 3, that is league two, we are facing relegation to Division 2 or League 1. No the premier league is not old Division 1, as the premier league is an extension to the League system.

[/quote]

You sum it up pretty well. This is the result of entrusting our great football club to a bunch of footballing amateurs.

[quote user="yellowngreen"]

Prudunce     SHOW US YAAA MONEY!!!!!!!!!!!!

just another muppet

[/quote]

Dear yellowngreen.

Thank you for your kind and well thought out  reply.Unfortunately since you have ducked the issue and used abuse as a diversionary tactic I am going to have to completely ignore it.

Please feel free to answer the question.

Yours Prudence.

[/quote]

The funny thing is that the ones who have been hoodwinked by the spin are now saying they never supported the board. In my eyes there blind faith in cook and co is as much to blame in the demise of our once proud club

[quote user="UEA Canary"]

We are not facing relegation to Division 3, that is league two, we are facing relegation to Division 2 or League 1. No the premier league is not old Division 1, as the premier league is an extension to the League system.
[/quote]

It doesn''t matter how cleverly you spin it UEA, its still the 3rd tier of pro English Football, its where I first came in by the way, in the late fifties...............in the 3rd division!    [:|]

[/quote]

We "face" relegation every season..if Delia left now the chances of us being relegated in the following 5 months is nil. Lets see where we are at the end of the season.

We are interviewing managers, it''s not like the board have decided to not have a manager anymore is it...

Noticed the brand new stand at Carrow Road? The corner infills?

I thought the debt was less than 20 million. What do you mean "and the rest"?

Well one sided posts like yours don''t really help with healing rifts between fans do they? I''m just trying to balance out some of your subjectiveness.

Proof the squad is worth a quarter of what it was? I don''t remember buying million pound keepers, or 3 million pound strikers in the past.

Investing millions and getting no return is not great for your finances..

[quote user="UEA Canary"]

We are not facing relegation to Division 3, that is league two, we are facing relegation to Division 2 or League 1. No the premier league is not old Division 1, as the premier league is an extension to the League system.
[/quote]

Jesus, you actually believe the cr@p they feed you on SKY. We''re facing relegation to the third teir of English football, which in my book makes it the third division. The only reason The Championship, League 1 and League 2 are so named is because they think it will fool some people into believing that their team is in a higher league than they were when it was Divisions 2, 3 and 4.

Now I would have thought that a university educated chap such as yourself would have seen through such blatant spin [:P].

[quote user="UEA Canary"][quote user="Prudence with Damnation."]

[/quote]

[/quote]

No you are wrong UEA or maybe too young to remember. The league set up used to be leagues 1 to 4 {at 1 point south aswell}. The premiership took division 1s place and the last 3 leagues were moved back. The champion ship then replaced the old division 2-then called division 1 and thus the old divisions 3 and 4 became league 1 and league 2. Just fancy names for division 1, 2, 3, and 4. Hope that clears up your confusion. So it will be the old division 3 that-and i hope we dont, we would be relegated to.

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"][quote user="UEA Canary"][quote user="Prudence with Damnation."]

[/quote]

[/quote]

No you are wrong UEA or maybe too young to remember. The league set up used to be leagues 1 to 4 {at 1 point south aswell}. The premiership took division 1s place and the last 3 leagues were moved back. The champion ship then replaced the old division 2-then called division 1 and thus the old divisions 3 and 4 became league 1 and league 2. Just fancy names for division 1, 2, 3, and 4. Hope that clears up your confusion. So it will be the old division 3 that-and i hope we dont, we would be relegated to.

[/quote]Congratulations arthur. That is the first FACTUAL post you have made since joining this board 500 posts ago. Keep up the good work. Onwards and upwards.    [:D]

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"]

[/quote]

He is neither right nor wrong Arthur. The Premier League was a breakaway and so not technically part of the football league. So we are now in Division One of the Football League. Testament to this is the Championship Trophy that we won in 2004. It''s the same trophy that was won so often by Liverpool in the 70''s and 80''s. Likewise the Trophy that Scunthorpe won last season was the same one that we won under Saunders in 1972.

The only true way I find to describe these new leagues are that they are the first, second, third and fouth tiers of English football. That way you are right in saying that if we are relegated this season it would be to the third tier.

Originally I believe there was one division, they then added a second division and then later two third divisions that were regionalised as north and south. These two regionalised divisions were then amalgamated into the divisions three and four which are now the second and third tiers.

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Arthur Whittle"][quote user="UEA Canary"][quote user="Prudence with Damnation."]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]Congratulations arthur. That is the first FACTUAL post you have made since joining this board 500 posts ago. Keep up the good work. Onwards and upwards.    [:D]

[/quote]

Alot of my posts may not be FACTUAL but they seem to be a hell of alot more spot on then most of the people following the spin with complete blind faith. So to summarise Lappin, Factual or not at least MY opinions are based on common sense and they are MY opinions instead of people sticking they''re heads in the ground and agreeing with all the rubbish coming out of CR.

[quote user="One Flew Over..."][quote user="Prudence with Damnation."]

[/quote]

We "face" relegation every season..if Delia left now the chances of us being relegated in the following 5 months is nil. Lets see where we are at the end of the season.

So you reckon we''ll stand more chance if Delia were to leave? me too.

We are interviewing managers, it''s not like the board have decided to not have a manager anymore is it... Well we seem to fail to replace key members of the Club with such frequency nowadays.... Seriously I''m sure we will have a manager fact is if Deals sold up right now we wouldn''t.

Noticed the brand new stand at Carrow Road? The corner infills? Nice very nice but I''d rather have good players on the pitch than a shiny seat.

I thought the debt was less than 20 million. What do you mean "and the rest"? The 18.9 million I saw touted recently did not include the £2,000,000 the Turners lent the Club for starters.

Well one sided posts like yours don''t really help with healing rifts between fans do they? I''m just trying to balance out some of your subjectiveness.

Just trying to inject a little balance to the Clubs spin.

Proof the squad is worth a quarter of what it was? I don''t remember buying million pound keepers, or 3 million pound strikers in the past.

1996 Squad.

Adams, Neil  NJ

Akinbiyi, Ade  AO

Bellamy, Craig  CD Sold to Coventry for £6 million

Bradshaw, Carl  C

Broughton, Drewe  DO

Carey, Shaun  SP

Crook, Ian  IS

Eadie, Darren  DM Sold to Leicester for £3 million

Fleck, Robert  RW

Forbes, Adrian  AE

Gunn, Bryan  BJ

Hilton, Damien  DA

Jackson, Matt  MA

Johnson, Andy  AJ  Sold to Forest for £2.2 million

Marshall, Andy  AJ

Milligan, Mike  MJ

Mills, Danny  DJ Sold to Charlton for £800k

Moore, Neil  N

Newman, Rob  RN

O''Neill, Keith  KPG Valued at £4 million by Newcastle

Ottosson, Ulf  UP

Polston, John  JD

Rocastle, David  DC

Rush, Matthew  MJ

Scott, Keith  KJ

Scott, Kevin  KW

Simpson, Karl  KE

Sutch, Daryl  D

Wright, Johnny  J

That means we realised £12 million from the sale of just four players alone add the O''Neill money the Akinbiyi cash etc you''ll see we were pushing a squad value of £15 million when Delia took over. Think you''d get a quarter of that if you sold our current squad?

Investing millions and getting no return is not great for your finances..

That''s why you''d have to be mad to put money into a football club. delias words not mine.[:)]

[/quote]