Sat Oct 2 Portsmouth H
Sat Oct 16 West Bromwich Albion A
Sat Oct 23 Everton H
Sat Oct 30 Manchester City A
Sat Nov 6 Blackburn Rovers H
Sat Nov 13 Charlton Athletic A
Sat Nov 20 Southampton H
Sat Nov 27 Birmingham City A

You''re right Peter, I feel we''ll be fairly low down in the table after our shocking August fixtures, so to get plenty of games where we have more of a chance so close together is a good chance to climb back up.

I''ve just been onto Crystal Palace''s website to see their fixtures. A much more forgiving August. Norwich (A), Everton (H), Chelsea (H), Middlesbrough (A).

West Brom have Blackburn (A),Villa (H), Spurs (H), Everton (A).

We are (were) the champions though, so I was expecting to get a hard august. But something I wasn''t expecting was Palace at home first game of the season but I aint complaining.

Yep spot on Pete. Couldn''t agree more. That''s what struck me after getting over the shock of the first few games. We need to pick up points in the one''s throughout October and November. If we hit Christmas and haven''t, then we can panic!!

I agree that October is when our real season starts - forget the first 6 weeks; they are the fulfillment of our fantasy football dreams.

The 2nd Oct 2004 and the arrival of Pompey is when our pre-season finishes and the real challenge starts - get through those weeks unbeaten/with just 2 defeats and sitting outside the bottom and there is no reason why we can''t survive.

Would like to see some more central defensive cover though as this will be the time when suspensions start to enter the equation, as well as our traditional early season long term injury strikes...

OTBC

But just think if we get points in those difficult early games that we are not expecting, then it will be a big confidence booster.Alright so there are some big teams we are up against but so what...its still eleven against eleven...the trouble with so many teams who get promoted is they all say they will be happy with fourth from bottom at the end of the season...thats defeatist talk,...lets aim higher and look for midtable.We have one of the best keeper`s in any league, hucks has a point to prove to a few ex-managers who doubted him and the squad has a great spirit. And to those who have knocked the signing of Safri, he`s one of us now and deserves our support and he`s also and international player regardless of which country he plays for!!