Sign in to follow this  
ncfc_andy

its paul jewell

Neil Adams doesn''t think it is, app. he is back off holiday today and so would not even been interviewed yet?

im cluthing at straws but do you know where he was meant to have been on holiday???   gunnys been in tenerife, he said he was there when he was interviewed on talk sport

i posted this on another thread but probobly fits better here

I was told a while back before pg went from a good source (and no i wont name him) that there is money available re. the turners but they did not want to give it to pg, i have also been told from the same source that the our new manager depended on who was going to get the bolton job. This dont mean its jewel but it does fit!

[quote user="Mister Positive"]Rudolph, try reading the postings before you post and you would see McCann who is head of media & communication at Wigan he sais it on the radio. Try and keep up![/quote]Mind telling us roughly what this bloke said (ie the wording of it)?Btw why are there two exactly identical threads about this? [8-)]

Gareth Southgate is running out of games to prove himself as Middlesbrough manager, and former Bradford and Wigan manager Paul Jewell is ready to step in. (People)

This would make more sense to me.

Try ti keep up Mister Positive, look in the words, its say,s dubaiious, as in DUBAI ious. Well I liked it Rudy mate.

I,m trying to cheer myself up today, I,m in Denmark for a week and I,m watching F C Copenhagan, top of the league too, I shall be wearing my Norwich shirt in pride too.

If this happens, you can shave my head in front of the Barclay!....................I wouldn''t care as I''d be happy anyway!.

But there''s zero chance so there!.[:|]

I heard that Paul Jewell will be appointed on the 1st November as he had a clause when he resigned that he could not take another job until this date.  Jewell applied for the job so was not approached by Norwich.  Also Nigel Worthinghton reapplied for the job but I don''t know what the clubs response was.  This was told to me by a friend of a board member. I hope he is right. It would be a massive lift before the I*****h game, god how we need it! 

[quote user="Quantum"][quote user="Mister Positive"]Rudolph, try reading the postings before you post and you would see McCann who is head of media & communication at Wigan he sais it on the radio. Try and keep up![/quote]

Btw why are there two exactly identical threads about this? [8-)]
[/quote]

That''s what i was wondering, can the mods not delete or lock one?

Sorry Rudolph, very good. I think my bouts of deep, deep depression brought on by supporting a dodgy football club has destroyed my few remaining brain cells, and that one went way over my head!

Does anyone else remember Worthington being one of the first, if not the first, to phone Jewell when Wigan just missed out the year we were promoted?

I think old Worthy and Jewell are mates which may mean Jewell is not a stranger to the Club and may have an affinity - especially with Nigel who he might join up with.

Jewell left football due to the pressure. Norwich City is about as comfy as it gets for managers, nice country house like Worthy''s; Worthy to work with - could be attractive to Jewell who may want to be in football but might also want a life.

Please ladies, let''s get back to the land of reality for a second here......

Seriously though - we''re discussing the possibilities of signing a Premiership quality manager who just missed out on the England job a year & a half  ago. [:$]

We''d be lucky to seal the services of such a manager if we were in Watfords position, let alone in our current predicament.

Jewell may well be up for a challenge when it comes to his next job, but I doubt he yearns to scale the north face of the Eiger just yet.

one has to wonder why on earth Bolton went for Megson when Jewell was free, seems like Jewell was not ready to return to management, so why on earth would he now be ready for us!

I think you will find Paul Jewell left Wigan because he was ''totally exhausted'' and ''needed a break from football''.  He left with the Chairman''s blessing saying he was going to take 6 months off from the game.  He seems a fairly genuine chap and to turn up again at Bolton only 10 miles down the road from Wigan would have left a bad taste and soured the good relations he had built up.

[quote user="Shyster"]

Please ladies, let''s get back to the land of reality for a second here......

Seriously though - we''re discussing the possibilities of signing a Premiership quality manager who just missed out on the England job a year & a half  ago. [:$]

We''d be lucky to seal the services of such a manager if we were in Watfords position, let alone in our current predicament.

Jewell may well be up for a challenge when it comes to his next job, but I doubt he yearns to scale the north face of the Eiger just yet.

[/quote]

Sorry, but didn''t Curbs and Big Sam just miss out on the England job a year and a half ago?

I really hope your last sentence is utterly, 100% wrong by the way.

So the saga moves on and gathers pace, the Pinkun now carries a story that Paul Jewell has had 2 interviews over the phone. So final interviews are today will the man meet in person with the board and thrash out a deal? Now Milan is on the prowl surely nobody in their right mind would work for a man that changes and loses managers like we change or lose socks. Come on board one final push, remember guys everything crossed, PLEASE, PLEASE God bring it on

[quote user="Charlies Angel"]

I think you will find Paul Jewell left Wigan because he was ''totally exhausted'' and ''needed a break from football''.  He left with the Chairman''s blessing saying he was going to take 6 months off from the game.  He seems a fairly genuine chap and to turn up again at Bolton only 10 miles down the road from Wigan would have left a bad taste and soured the good relations he had built up.

[/quote]

If Jewell needs a break from football, Norwich is the place for him. We haven''t played any so far this year!

[quote user="Mister Positive"]So the saga moves on and gathers pace, the Pinkun now carries a story that Paul Jewell has had 2 interviews over the phone. So final interviews are today will the man meet in person with the board and thrash out a deal? Now Milan is on the prowl surely nobody in their right mind would work for a man that changes and loses managers like we change or lose socks. Come on board one final push, remember guys everything crossed, PLEASE, PLEASE God bring it on[/quote]

I tell you what, if we did get Jewell then NO ONE could accuse the board of lack of ambition, it''d certainly leave ''egg'' on the face of a certain poster or two. But i fear with Mandaric now hovering, and speculation that Southgate could be on his way at Middlesbrough, it makes it an almost certainty that we won''t get him...But i hope i''m very wrong!

Well no issue in the press of him ruling himself  out

Paul Jewell  to sign is the hope I  have can then look forward to sunday with some hope

Anyway look at the average attendances Mr Jewell (Redknapp on Sky sports said bolton attendance poor due to league position)

Norwich fans turn out every week , it just be nice to see some good football played by us on saturdays

It now would seem that the original bit I posted on here about McCann saying on the radio that he thought Jewell would take the Norwich job now has more clout behind it. John Benson who is also high up in the Wigan staff structure and a 20+ year friend of P.J. has been doing all he can to talk up all things NCFC  and persuade him to take up the job. Well it would seem everything is going our way, so I would think in the morning that we will now one way or another.

[quote user="WEEN_NASTY"]

If Jewell needs a break from football, Norwich is the place for him. We haven''t played any so far this year!

[/quote]LOLOLOL Yes [Y]