Sign in to follow this  
ncfc_andy

its paul jewell

wel if its true then that is the first bit of positive news all week, still think we are doomed though!

This is utter bollocks!!!!!!!

He''s not even in the country?!?!

Why would he come here????

The board have never paid for a good manager in the past 10 years.

Why are they going to now when we''re in the worse position we''ve ever been in!!!!!!!!

TO JOIN US ON THE FIRST NOVEMBER (AS YOU WERE THEN). THE SOURCE IS MATT McCANN WHO WORKS FOR WIGAN ANNOUNCED THIS ON THE RADIO UP THERE

You got me at it now   lol   was this bbc radio? could it be on the local web site?

Neil Adams doesn''t think it is, app. he is back off holiday today and so would not even been interviewed yet?

So Radio Wigan''s equivalent of Chris Goreham says that "it looks like Paul Jewell could be off to Norwich" and somehow we take is as gospel?

Earlier on Marl Clements on BBC Radio 5 Live said the same thing that "Paul Jewel is the favourite to take over at Carrow Road" or words to that effect

That''s them simply reporting rumours/stories - not confirming an appointment.

Forgive me but that is not a "reliable source"

I''m happy just to celebrate the rumour.....even a sniff of hope would be better that the other second rate candidates being linked.

We heard on Friday from a very reliable source that Jewell will be unveiled as new manager on 4th November - but can''t help thinking its a load of squit.

It has to be someone who wants the job (Jim Duffy) or who is slightly mad - ----- Martin Allen it is then!

Don''t get me wrong, I''ll be cock-a-hoop if it is Paul Jewel (especially they give him some money to spend).

I was just pointing out that we shouldn''t take it too seriously just because a comment is made on the rumour on Radio Wigan.

Well if it is going to be Jewel i would have thought he will be given a decent transfer fund or why would he bother ?

Jewell would be a great appointment, no question.

He''s popular in the game as a whole and playes like him-that may sound trite and yes, players need to respect their managers first and foremost, but if he is the sort of person who players and coaching staff etc actually get to like, as a person, and a manager, then that is a big, big bonus. Doesn''t guarantee results of course, but it helps. You get the feeling with our lot is that if Grant was on fore, most of them wouldn''t have bothered to piss on him...

I think if the Board and the club had showed evidence of ambition and seeing a bigger picture in the last few years, especially after we got promoted and that trend had happened since then-imagine the statement that would have been made, if, just before our Prem season started, we''d have spent the £3 Million on Ashton then, people would have sat up and taken notice of our intent, then an appointment or even perceived interest in Jewell now would have been seen as more credible. As it is, we maybe can see that would might have been something he''d consider as we''ve got all that Wigan had -apart from the sugardaddy...at the moment-but, because the board go shopping at Lidl, they are not capable of that sort of progressive thinking. Therefore whenever his name is mentioned the possibility is laughed off.

That mentality from the fans is something our board need to be aware of. Its all very well other people deriding and taking the micky out of and generally running down your club, but, when you are doing it to your own club, then thats the time to worry and that time is here now.

The hope that there could be something in this is the only thing that will keep me alive over the next 48 hours. By common agreement he seems to be returning from holiday on Monday and can''t start work again in football until 1st November, all of which ties in with Mumbo Jumbo''s comment earlier in the week about the right man might not be available right at the present time. Why else would they not have appointed another candidate already? What we don''t know of course is the extent to which any discussions have taken place or whether Doomcaster will be waiting for him at the airport to surprise him a la Michael Aspirin with a red book in his grubby little hands and surprise him with an offer he can''t refuse. Either that or Jewell will kill himself laughing! Let''s hope it''s all been done on the phone and all he needs to do is to sign a contract when he gets back to good old Blighty. (Note to self: must cut down on those funny-smelling fags).   

Jewell or not, unless a new manager comes in quickly, Norwich could well find themselves in an irretrievable position. It’s obvious Duffer being in charge is going to achieve precisely nothing, & now he & Grunt have taken the club to the bottom of the Championship a change has to come fast.

Or, in 8 days time, I can foresee the Binmen fans in the South Stand chanting ‘Duffer must stay!’ as another humiliating home defeat looms…

[quote user="Glasgow Canary"]

Jewell or not, unless a new manager comes in quickly, Norwich could well find themselves in an irretrievable position. It’s obvious Duffer being in charge is going to achieve precisely nothing, & now he & Grunt have taken the club to the bottom of the Championship a change has to come fast.

[/quote]

Don''t think anybody will disagree with that!!

He''s gonna have an absolutely bloody colossal job on his hands, putting it very politely, whoever he definitely is!!

Dave Whelan said he''s free to work nowe, so why wait till November? Yes, he''s been on holiday but that doesnt have to have stopped the board, plus theyve said they are close to na appointment. I hold hope that there is something in this, but if there is im would see no reason why he cant be appoinmted monday so that he has a full week ahead of the derby.