Sign in to follow this  
Block E Buh

Evening Derby Matches

I know it is very unlikely but I wish we could have evening derby days again. During the 90''s we enjoyed some great games against the binners under floodlights. The atmosphere in these games have been very flat in recent years. I know a minority spoil things a little but why should we all miss out. Im praying for a city win but Id be slightly more confident if the game was at night with a better atmosphere!

We need a new strong manager installed for this Sundays game, and what a game for his first!

OTBC

i have said this for many years. and the club try to pass the buck,by saying its because the police wont allow these games.

that is compleatly wrong,its up to the club to decide when a game can be played. yes of course the police want 12 pm kick offs on a sunday! but what about us fans. i cant go next week like many others because my kids play football, so all of us will miss the game.  and your right there is no atmosphere at these games played at stupid times. but once again our club lets us down,by not insisting that the game is a normal 3pm saturday game, or a friday night game on the telly!!!!!!!!!

[quote user="Matt"]

I know it is very unlikely but I wish we could have evening derby days again. During the 90''s we enjoyed some great games against the binners under floodlights. The atmosphere in these games have been very flat in recent years. I know a minority spoil things a little but why should we all miss out. Im praying for a city win but Id be slightly more confident if the game was at night with a better atmosphere!

We need a new strong manager installed for this Sundays game, and what a game for his first!

OTBC

[/quote]

Bring back the bloody 3 o.clock kick off''s on a saturday. Years ago me and a few of the lads would leave Boulton and paul at 12 on a sat and head straight for the pubs in anticipation for the derby......god i hate sky tv!!

Your wrong. The club need police permission and police officers at the game. The police will not allow a game to be in the evening and there''s nothing the club can do about it.

I have to agree with the 3pm on a Saturday aswell. I know that means im contradicting myself but that would be better than 12pm on a Sunday and it''s more traditional.