Sign in to follow this  
Mook

Huckerby and Balls

Can someone please explain to me why it takes "balls" for Huckerby to gallantly "tell it like it is"?

What exactly does he have to lose? As far as I can see, either he gets a transfer out of here or picks up his 15k a week wages. And what good is it actually doing, apart from further undermining the confidence of his teammates?

Surely it would be truly brave of him to play his heart out, inspire his team-mates, get the fans onside and demonstrate his seniority within the club in a more dignified manner?

easier said than done, he can only bring out the best if the players have it to give, our present squad have not, sorry but thats the sad truth. Also Hucks needs the service he is not a one man band, thats what he is complaining about.

my reading of hucks public outbursts is to draw attention to the fact we''re rapidly going down the toilet under the policies of the present board.  keeping up the pressure on the board is probably braver of him, rather than caring and doing nothing - sitting on his hands, while picking up a big wedge.  certainly, your points would''ve carried more weight in the summer, but given we''re bottom, 3 points adrift, managerless after nearly 3 weeks how bad do you want it to get??? whistleblowers are to be commended in such circumstances imo. 

Whistleblower? What, do you think nobody else has noticed that things ain''t going too well?????????

Come on. Hucks is looking after Hucks, and nobody else. Wake up and smell the coffee.

[quote user="Mook"]

Whistleblower? What, do you think nobody else has noticed that things ain''t going too well?????????

Come on. Hucks is looking after Hucks, and nobody else. Wake up and smell the coffee.

[/quote]

How is he looking after himself, he has a contract until next June, he''ll get paid until next June and he''s already made it clear hes going to retire at the end of this season.

Please explain

Oh that''s alright then. Sorry, but I just saw the thread title of Huckerby and Balls, saw that CA was the last poster and, well, my mind was doing overtime. [:$] [;)]

I think Hucks is just telling it like it is - more like ''raising the alarm'' than ''blowing the whistle'' imo. I don''t think we should be turning on him, to say the least.

[quote user="Mook"]

[/quote]

Well I hadn''t!  Seriously though I agree.  He is not whistle blowing, he was sending a message to the board via the media which is fair enough.  In doing so though he managed to criticise his own team mates which is where my problem is.  Not exactly going to build team spirit and unity, all it will do is drive a wedge between the new players and the more seasoned at the club.  We have enough problems without adding to them further.

[quote user="cityangel"][quote user="Mook"]

[/quote]

How is he looking after himself, he has a contract until next June, he''ll get paid until next June and he''s already made it clear hes going to retire at the end of this season.

Please explain

[/quote]

very loyal then? retire, when the club he''s been "so loyal to" is in so much trouble. hucks cares about his paycheck and thats it.