Sign in to follow this  
susie b

Catch 22 - but surely there's no other option?!

The way I see it is that we are in such a state now we DEFINITELY need a high profile manager, not just with a successful track record but one who can, by reputation, status, personality, contacts etc. give us all, but especially the players, a real lift and some impetus that is so desperately needed.

Problem is that we are in such a state now we are pretty UNLIKELY to get the sort of person we HAVE to get to stand a chance of getting out of this mess.

If the board appoint someone who is not high profile and does not possess the ''charisma'' required then we may as well start planning trips to the likes of Swindon, Walsall and Hartlepool now for I honestly think we have got to the point where nothing other than such a person will have the desired effect, and, even then, it''s not guaranteed.

Time for the board to at least give us that chance I think.  Four years ago I remember what I was wishing for for Christmas and that came true then against the odds.  Here''s wishing for an early Christmas present this year in the form of a diamond choice!!![;)]

[quote user="susie b"]

The way I see it is that we are in such a state now we DEFINITELY need a high profile manager, not just with a successful track record but one who can, by reputation, status, personality, contacts etc. give us all, but especially the players, a real lift and some impetus that is so desperately needed.

Problem is that we are in such a state now we are pretty UNLIKELY to get the sort of person we HAVE to get to stand a chance of getting out of this mess.

If the board appoint someone who is not high profile and does not possess the ''charisma'' required then we may as well start planning trips to the likes of Swindon, Walsall and Hartlepool now for I honestly think we have got to the point where nothing other than such a person will have the desired effect, and, even then, it''s not guaranteed.

Time for the board to at least give us that chance I think.  Four years ago I remember what I was wishing for for Christmas and that came true then against the odds.  Here''s wishing for an early Christmas present this year in the form of a diamond choice!!![;)]

[/quote]

I think we''ve all, including the Board,  reached that stage where anything less than a top-notch appointment will be the final straw. It could all be too late in the day - and for this present Board set-up it probably is - but it''s the only way whatsoever that they can claw back any credibility at all......

PS .....It is your '' Pink-Un '' column that I''ve been missing this season, isn''t it ?

Hello all!  Lovely to be back!  Yes, it is my column you''re missing from the Pink''Un.  I loved writing it as well!  Never mind - it''s a long story maybe for another day!

Kathy and CA - how nice to be remembered by you. [:)]  I have had such an amazing couple of years really and find myself too many miles from my beloved city now - but hopefully back in touch with civilisation, though so very very sad about what is happening to our club right now. 

I really think that nothing short of pulling a massive rabbit out of the top hat will do and any sort of pseudo rabbit instead will be ultimately deemed as failure in the good old ''ambition stakes'' anyway, as prudence will have had her way once again.  I know it can''t be easy for all the powers that be at the club but it''s simply got to the stage where they have to do it for the club''s sake, for their sake and, most importantly, for our sakes.   Over to the board to make us all smile again!