Sign in to follow this  
Huddy

What Has Hucks done wrong?

I''m sorry but he''s in a no win situation. He (well all players, manager etc) get moaned at ''for putting spin'' on situations to suit the club, and for constantly coming out in the press, being positive, saying we''re gonna do this and going to do that.

Hucks on the other hand gets critisized for being refreshingly honest and telling the truth. My only gripe is perhaps ''the worst team'' statement a few weeks back, which again was true, but probably not best for the press. In the article in todays EDP in my opinion he says no wrong.

• He says hes thinking of quiting next summer. So what? most footballers want to go out on a high, especially if he perhaps isnt enjoying it when there struggling.
  • We also knew he could quit whatever, i thought all fans agreed that when he signed on last year, that his carear was coming to an end, we realised it wouldnt be long before he packed up as he lost that pace he needs to be affective. So why when he''s telling us something we though, should we berate him.
  • Why should he want people saying something to his kids? It shouldnt get personal, and if his kids are getting a hard time i can understand him wanting to break away from it.
  • He also says i quote "I will give it my all", there is no lack of commitment and there are some players who dont appear to give it there all. Some players, who may be leaving soon will just give up, e.g damian francis at fulham!
  • The midfield criticism thing is nothing personal and again its a fact. Peter Grant didnt replace safri, whether you liked him or not he wasnt replaced. Fotheringham is a poor mans safri, brellier is it seems a hard nut with no skill, russel''s no creative holding player. I thought brellier was the replacement, i was wrong. Again, no personal attacks on players, just a criticism of the manager really, and justified. He''s not criticizing individuals, he knows we just havent got that type of player.
  • Finally, the headline dramatises the situation, it makes out as if Huckerby''s saying "if you lot dont improve, you are going to lose me, and that would be  disaster". the truth is he''s been asked by a journalist, "Will you be hear next season?" and he''s given an honest answer, nowhere does he say he''s the best, or irreplaceable, he just says "I dont want to play in a losing  team". He also says "he doesnt want to leave like this" suggesting he really does care and want to turn things around.

Stop slagging him off! Please

Not many clubs would stand for Huckerby''s behaviour, which just shows how rudderless this club has become.

However, I actually agree with a lot of what he says [though he does come over as a touch naive sometimes], but what he is doing is actually counter productive.

The best place for Hucks to do his talking is on the pitch, but that hasn''t exactly been forthcoming either, injured or otherwise.

Whoever comes in will have to ask himself - Is Darren Huckerby a luxury the club can still afford? I''m not sure he is...

You can not blame him,after all he is only telling us how it is and you should not hold that against him.If he does move on you can not take away the memories.Ithink a new man in at top (hopefully JEWELL)better at man management and you might be able to add some more memories to the ones we already have.Leave him alone. 

I couldn''t agree more! He''s done absolutely nothing wrong. Some people just want a scapegoat. I mean, today Cureton has come out and said as much as Hucks did about the midfield being weak. So does he have to be hounded out as well. If only the board were as forthcoming as Hucks. With the lack of leadership at the club I am surprised more haven''t come out and said what a shambles it is. Well done Hucks!

why does everybody think the club wouldnt survive without huckerby? even if he left norwich will still be here, instead of spouting crap in the press as a senior pro he should be trying to bring the players back together, we havent heard dublin slag anyone off have we? If huckerby says all this is he going to start to perform better regularly (cue all the excuses about injury)  if he isnt fit he shouldnt play.  even over the last few seasons there have been instances where he has appeared not to want to play. oh and before anyone says anything i do agree with his comments but i just feel it isnt his job to be saying it in the press.

baldyboy,

Firstly i didnt say we would fall apart without Huckerby and secondly that is the same amazing Dublin who thinks he''s perfectly qualified to be our new manager, give me strength.

Double headed coin to be honest.Huckerby is right to say what hes saying, BUT given the situation at the club, does he really need to be adding to the problems ?I think its clear that he needs to remember he plays for Norwich City, as opposed to him being Norwich City.

Huckerby is a player past his prime. 2 or 3 years ago, if he had made his outbusts then, he would have sympothy because most sides in the league would still fear him.

Now, he''s in the twighlight of his career. His outbusts must do loads of harm at Colney. Think about it, the players are dimoralised as it is, then, they see his comments, and probably think; ''hey, look at that washed up guy, he''s saying that we''re rubbish when he''s playing as bad.''

Doesn''t help, and unless he sorts his attitiude out, I''m afraid that his wonderful city career may be coming to an end.

[quote user="Only One Fernando Derveld..."]

I dread it if Hucks reads these columns and finds all these people slagging him off. He may just say he''s had enough and walk!!

If he walks we have little or no attacking threat...

[/quote]

Yes he does read this message board and he''ll be gutted to read some of the comments about him after the loyalty hes shown us. At the end of the day hes just being honest and saying what we''re all thinking. Its his last season and he''s disappointed that he''s not going to go out on a happier note surely thats understandable?

Thorpe,

Firstly, i dont get the end of career thing (from everyone not just you). I thought we''d accepted he''d probably retire anyway, he''s suggested that before.

Secondly, this outburst has NOTHING to do with players, he''s saying we havent got a safri type player and we miss that.. He''s right, this isnt slamming Russel or whoever, because they know they are not in the safri mould. And as ive already stated, Huckerby''s first outburst should have been kept in house, but it was the truth.

Criticizing his attitude is harsh, yes, he may come across as slightly big headed but lets remember that he also says he is totally committed till the end of his contract and doesnt want  to leave how things are. Attitude, would be saying, i dont give a **** and not bothering till the end of his contact. Huckerby is still is oour best player, and yes he hasnt been at his best, but he''s the sort of player who relys on service. He aint getting it. He plays well in a good team, its always been the case. Lets hope his performances under a new manager are somewhere near his old standards.

Remember, he did end our goal drought, and Chris Brown got his very own appraisal thread for doing so!!

Well, when he goes (if it''s before at least four or five decent players come in) we will see just how well we will survive without him....as we would have surely been relegated without his goals last season....it doesn''t take much to come to the conclusion that it''s oblivion we face.

What will Norwich City be without him, just another failed club, at the deepest depths we have ever been in. Adding to the problems? No. He''s saying what needs to be said, and addressing one of our main problems, replacing adequate or good players with mediocre ones. All the problems we face are not as a result of Huckerby or what he''s been saying, but of under investment from the board and their choosing of managers. The rest is consequence.

I believe Huckerby was wrong to have spouted off again in the press.  We all know that most of what he''s said is true.  Of course he doesn''t want to be in a team that loses every week.  The luxury that he has over what any of us has though, is the power to actually do something about it personally.  What he should have said is "All the lads are fed up with losing every week.  What we have to do is have a good look at ourselves and turn this problem around.  We are not playing well, and its down to the senior players such as me to sort it out, for the fans more than anything else" .  But he didn''t say that.  He has made the situation seem hopeless to the fans, which does not inspire anybody to bother turning up to games.  Would Malky have come out and made comments like he has?  It''s time for leaders to make themselves known, and he has done the opposite.  His performances on the pitch have not suggested that he is going that extra 10% to turn things around for us.  He has made himself  look like a spoilt child.  At this time, we don''t need such a negative influence in the squad, we need someone prepared to roll their sleeves up, get stuck in and try and turn this torrid season around.  Not someone who is just going to make things worse.

[quote user="komakino"]Not many clubs would stand for Huckerby''s behaviour, which just shows how rudderless this club has become. However, I actually agree with a lot of what he says [though he does come over as a touch naive sometimes], but what he is doing is actually counter productive. The best place for Hucks to do his talking is on the pitch, but that hasn''t exactly been forthcoming either, injured or otherwise. Whoever comes in will have to ask himself - Is Darren Huckerby a luxury the club can still afford? I''m not sure he is...[/quote]

spot on, sums up the whole thing perfectly

[quote user="ronbol ronbol"]If huckerby goes the last one out may as well turn off the lights......................
[/quote]

absolute b*llocks, he is well below par this season, why do people think the sun shines out of his backside.

Marty, whatever you think of him - without him we would not even be in the Championship.......

He has been the central player in our recent good times (promotion) and without him I dread to think what we are going to become.

You know very well he''s not fit and has a chronic hip complaint....what does his form have to do with what he says? He''s telling the truth, we are a weak side, we have the worst midfield for years and we can''t control games. Why can''t he say what most of us are saying on here?

He''s been the best player we have had for years?

So yes, some of us might think the sun shines.....but for good reason. Without him? Don''t want to think about it, because I am not confident he will be replaced by someone of equal merit or ability, are you?

hey HUCKS....If you do read this message board. Play your arse-off mate, I think your ace. If we never had people like you in the team then we wouldn''t have got to The Prem.Take the crap on here about you as frustration from fans who are mad at the club in general, not so much you.Keep playing fella.You''re appreciated.and to anyone who thinks I''m a kiss-ass. Kiss my ass!