Sign in to follow this  
Norwich City Nut

Norwich City Fan Through Thick and Thin

I just don''t understand all the slag*ing off of Norwich City Football Club on this forum. I too have sat through the very bad times we have had, i too have paid out hard earned money which I really can''t afford season after season to go to every game, i too have been dissappointed by the boards desire to build bricks and mortar rather than buying quality players etc etc etc etc

However I was born a city fan and will always be a city fan thorugh the bad times and the good and i will always support the team and the board in their decisions whether i agree with them or not.

The club needs the fans to support the entire club in what they are trying to achieve right now. If at the end of the season we have slid down to mid table mediocrity then we can maybe criticise, but even then I will still continue to pay my money season after season because I cannot turn my feelings off for the club i love.

Until then we are third in the table and have as good a chance as any of getting promoted.

I have to agree with your sentiments, NC Nut!
I wanted so badly to put into words how I felt yesterday upon hearing ''the news''. I felt like having a rant and a rave, and expressing my sadness, despair, anger, disbelief, and so on, but I knew that to do it yesterday would, for me, have been wrong. I needed to sleep on it and think about how I really felt in the cold light of day.
Am I still disappointed? You bet! Am I still sad about the whole affair? Without a doubt!
Am I angry? No, not any more. I''ve had a good think about things and have come to the conclusion that there is nothing that will shake my commitment to my team, and I, like you, will continue to do whatever I can to be there in the good times and the bad, because that''s what supporting your team is all about.
There will be sixteen individuals directly involved in tomorrow''s game and each and every one deserves wholehearted support and encouragement. I will not like everything that the board or the manager does, but I do believe that all concerned are genuine people who are trying their best to help the club succeed, without jeopardising its longer-term future. This doesn''t mean that I didn''t want them to try everything they could to get PC and DH to stay here, but, in the case of the latter, it became clear that the entire financial package was several light years away, and so we move on.
Onto this morning, and I came down to have a look at Ceefax to see if yesterday''s news had all been a dream, only to be greeted with the headline that we had bought Leon McKenzie. I cheered up immediately as I could see things moving on straight away...just what the team and the fans need to see happening.
What with David O''Leary''s open intention of getting himself a proven striker, and my feeling that we haven''t seen the last of PC at Carrow Road, perhaps a bright end to this campaign is more than just a pipedream after all!

I must say I am from different country with most of the Canaries fans, we have different background and culture, in Hong Kong there are 99% people were glory hunters, they were all support Manchester United, Liverpool, Arsenal and Chelsea, all the BIG NAMES and why? They never travelled to see them play LIVE, they gambling money on them, if they win they got prize money so they support them, not because how good football or any special for them! What do you think?

Personally I NEVER gamble since I was borned perhaps I hated losing money, on the other way when I support Norwich, I am only give away (money I had to say, but buy shirts and merchandise from the clubshop) but never receive anything but only joy for the Canaries win! I didn''t have the same with you guys since you can see the team every week, but for me, I can only listen the game and see the match highlights 24 hours after, I didn''t have chance to see the team play on TV; I need to save nearly 2 months wages and travlled miles away from my home to Norwich, was it worth to see a First Division side? This is the question people always asked me! Why do I join the 99% of people to become glory hunters? It is because, I love Norwich City, I love their cohesive spirit.

Why I travel to Boston? It''s only one reason, I mean Boston United fans also knows it very clearly, it''s because of the former Norwich City Mr. versatile and loyalty, I must say Boston United fans never had bad or hard feeling of that. It was all Norwich in my life.