Sign in to follow this  
Hartsons Gut

Hucks you are a legend, but get lost.

If you dont want to play for us, or if you are in two minds then leave the club now. You have put no effort in this season and you have constantly moaned about Safri, Etuhu ETC.

"I dont want to be in a losing team" WHO DOES? Who likes watchin the cr** week in week out. Us normal people need to pay good money to see you overpaid idiots not giving 100%.

90 minutes is all you need to put maximum effort in for. You dont close down, you dont go in for tackles and duck out of headers. Be a man Huckerby and get on with the job and shut ya trap.

Huckerby is the bad apple bringing the morale of the dressing room down. He feels as though he is qualified to be a spokesman because he has been good for us. Huckerby needs to stop sulking.

I find the fact that the last two years he has questioned if he will retire early a question of his commitment to the game and our club.

Who else feels that this guy needs to roll up his sleeves and do his talking on the pitch and not off it. THATS ENOUGH HUCKERBY.

Sadly, I have to agree. If he had his grieviences, he should have aired them in private. As for the latest outburst, he''s a senior player, he should be leading by example.

[quote user="jelltex"]Sadly, I have to agree. If he had his grieviences, he should have aired them in private. As for the latest outburst, he''s a senior player, he should be leading by example.[/quote]

I would not mind the fact if he was dynamic on the pitch. At least that may give him some excuse, but he doesnt have one.

we know he''s had an injury and his chief asset has always been his pace, there''s part of me wondering if he just hasn''t got the ability anymore. Either way I think this will be his last season unless something fairly dramatic changes.

I wonder if Huckerby can explain HIS lack of form? He''s on around 15K a week that the club could well do without - he should shut up or leave.

I completely disagree. Hucks was one of the few players on Sat that

actually seemed to be giving 100%. He''s only saying what most on here

are thinking anyway, we''ve sold most of what talent we had, we can''t

control games as there is no midfield and he''s pretty much saying that

some of the other players haven''t been doing what they are contracted

to do. What''s the problem with that?

Got to say I am getting fed up with him banging on about the sale of his mates (nobody at Carrow Road forced Etuhu to active his get out clause so he get play in the Premiership for more money each week) and how awful it is to be losing each week - perhaps he should consider how the poor sods who have to pay to watch the current shambles feel (which might just inspire him to run around a bit more).

Hucks was a legend in our promotion season, and second half of last season he was on fire as well.  Sadly though at other times he just drifts along and now seems determined to be a mouthpiece for the disconted within the dressing room.

Perhaps we are seeing the real Huckerby here, and in doing so it may go some way to explain why someone with such massive natural talent and ability has had so many clubs over the years and is now plying his trade beside some journeymen who (on his best days) would not be fit to polish his boots.

Clever game by a clever player. he is looking for a way out and one final pay day.I bet most of the players are sick and tired of playing with him. The more fuss we make the more he will use the card that the fans are on his back and he needs to leave for family reasons.

Stay and graft, pull up your sleeves stop moaning and get on with it.We do not like losing but we stick with the team and it costs us money-typical character of the bloke. Rats and sinking ship come to mind 

[quote user="SPat"]I completely disagree. Hucks was one of the few players on Sat that actually seemed to be giving 100%. He''s only saying what most on here are thinking anyway, we''ve sold most of what talent we had, we can''t control games as there is no midfield and he''s pretty much saying that some of the other players haven''t been doing what they are contracted to do. What''s the problem with that?
[/quote]

Spat, we know that we have not got many good players left. What we dont need is a senior player going to the press and making the players morale even lower. Basically he is saying that he is playing with a load of numpties.

Would you be happy if one of your team started going to the press everytime something went wrong. We dont need this.

[quote user="SPat"]I completely disagree. Hucks was one of the few players on Sat that actually seemed to be giving 100%. He''s only saying what most on here are thinking anyway, we''ve sold most of what talent we had, we can''t control games as there is no midfield and he''s pretty much saying that some of the other players haven''t been doing what they are contracted to do. What''s the problem with that?
[/quote]

Yes he was, but to be frank it made a change. Surely as a senior pro he needs to be leading by example. If that is what hes doing its no wonder we''re in the position we are. These comments are not what his team mates, especially the kids, need to hear.

Come on Darren, try and get the guys behind you for a concerted effort come Sunday.

I think he hits the nail on the head and welcome what he has to say. If we are to stay up this season (and it''s looking a big if at the minute) I wouldn''t mind betting that Huckerby''s the most likely candidate to pull us out of the mire (like he did last season). Our complete lack of a central midfield absolutely cripples us, why shouldn''t Huckerby be allowed to say it?

[quote user="Terminate the ipswich "]

Would you be happy if one of your team started going to the press everytime something went wrong. We dont need this.

[/quote]

What do you mean, the raw truth?........................... well said Hucks, and may I apologise to you Darren, for the fools with very short and ungrateful memories on here.................I''m ashamed to be called a City fan, if it includers sheep like you lot!.[:@]

Ricky and the few pro Hucks guys are excempted from the above.

[quote user="Grando"]I think he hits the nail on the head and welcome what he has to say. If we are to stay up this season (and it''s looking a big if at the minute) I wouldn''t mind betting that Huckerby''s the most likely candidate to pull us out of the mire (like he did last season). Our complete lack of a central midfield absolutely cripples us, why shouldn''t Huckerby be allowed to say it?[/quote]100% agree people forget to quick.

He has every right to speak out if his children are being targetted as that is way out of order - in the same way that Nigel Worthington''s children shouldn''t have had to put up with it last season. It''s only a short step away from the death threats to David O''Leary''s family that took him out of the game.

Comment on the person, if necessary, not their family.

Cannot blame the guy , he has talent and has been surrounded by players not fit for Sunday league football , only half decent player left at the club and without him we might as well give up now .

Hucks is a shadow of the player he was in our promotion season. At the moment he is going through the motions, playing for a team that his heart is not in. This is a problem we can do without at the moment. Don''t get me wrong, I still agree that Hucks is one of our best players, but the negative impact he appears to be having on the rest of the dressing room is what is costing City dear at the moment. The wages he is on, he shouldn''t need motivating. Nobody wants to play for a losing team all the time, but us fans don''t want to pay money to go and watch City lose week in-week out, nor do we want to see players on the pitch that don''t want to be there. As far as i''m concerned, if Huckerby''s heart isn''t in it, I would much rather we played someone who is willing to play as part of a TEAM and give 110% each week. Obviously we want players of his calibre, but one player doesn''t make a team.

[quote user="Canaries for Ever"]

He has every right to speak out if his children are being targetted as that is way out of order - in the same way that Nigel Worthington''s children shouldn''t have had to put up with it last season. It''s only a short step away from the death threats to David O''Leary''s family that took him out of the game.

Comment on the person, if necessary, not their family.

[/quote]

Too right! If people are having a go at his kids it is an utter disgrace and a stain on the reputation of the club. What is sadder is looking through some of the posts on this board and particularly on this thread I would bet money on it being true.

Look at what his has said......we''ve sold players and not replaced them so the teams rubbish. Who can argue with that?

I don''t understand the mentality behind this at all...... the fans are all saying how bad the team is...... Huckerby says how bad the team is and he''s hated for it...Someone care to explain that to me?And also, people telling him to "get lost" - well - show a little grattitude, because without his efforts last season we''d be in League One right now. On top of that people seem to think he owes us a miracle. He''s only human, from what I''ve seen this season he''s been no worse than any other City player despite his potentially career-ending rib injury and the fact that he''s been constantly played out of position since the opening day of the season. And because he''s our only real attacking threat he spends entire games with 2 or 3 men on him - it''s not his fault the rest of the team can''t do anything without him.

Keep it up Hucks, for once a player comes out and says the truth. We are shit, the whole team are playing like relegation certainties. Nowhere does he say he himself is any better than the others...although he is.

He was going to retire at the end of this season anyway, nothing new.

What is it that you lot can''t accept? He is spot on, we are rubbish and yes he''s part of it, but name one player who could come in and turn this around. He has more heart for this club than any of the others. I won''t go into the reasons he is so valuable to this club again - but all of you who can''t remember them should be ashamed. What do you want? All of them coming out saying it will all be better soon?

norwich is a fine city whose history has shown it be a place of free thinking radicals.  looking at some of the responses on this thread you wouldn''t believe it though.  for me, since the early summer, hucks has stood out as the only player with the balls to flag up the problems we''re now facing.  wasn''t rocket science - sell your best players, encounter problems.  what he said about safs was spot on. in EDP today, he goes further to explain our current dilema more than most of the numpty''s posting on here - who wouldn''t know the meaning of insight or backbone if they hit ''em between the eyes.  i''d trust his opinion above most of yours, and certainly the city board/management any day - simple as.he says today, that unless a new manager comes in with the dosh to get 6-7 new players all we''ve got is the current squad.  in other words, 6-7 players are not upto the standard required - we''ve got lightweights a plenty with league 1 or worst ability - who''ll struggle to keep us up.  all this prem ambition pre-season bollards looks like it is - hype, from a board who financed grant to  raid bargains from scotland - a plan now looking as hopelessly flawed as when hamilton raided the continent for bargains.  i bet many haven''t even read his comments in the EDP today.  unless you''re deila''s lovechildren (in which case you''re excused!) you could do little worse than actually read what he says, cos it certainly reasonated with my own opinions of where we''re at the mo.  also, duffy says leadership is required from the board - and so honourably knows his chance has gone, but is clearly racking up the pressure - perhaps doncaster and mumby will do the honourable thing and consider their positions as well - following their choice grant at the door as well.

totally agree lucky green trainners! some people on here are just ridiculous! if it wasnt for Hucks where would we be the last playr we have with ANY talent and at least he has the balls to speak his mind and say how it is instead of all the spin we get coming out of Carrow Road!

Very doubtful that he wants away in January. He''s gone on record as saying he will see out his contract, unlike others. I have no idea why people want players to be censured. I want to know what they feel about the situation. Clearly other players are unhappy but too mealy mouthed to say anything. Hucks is the only one to have the guts to put pressure on the board at this moment in time which is fair enough for me. They need to be put under pressure to make the right appointment and make funds available so we can avoid the drop. I am sure Hucks is supported by most of the team in what he says, he is some kind of spokesman. He is best mates with Dion! The man all the players and Grant and Duffy look up to and listen to! Maybe he is Dion''s mouthpiece?

There will obviously be players who don''t agree - but only those who are not up to scratch and fear losing their places if any quality is brought in. FFS do you really think that what hucks said in the press hasn''t already been said in the dressing room by countless others on countless occasions, including Grant, Duffy, Worthy. It is so short sighted to try to hound him out of the club just because you need a SCAPEGOAT! Ask Ipswich which player they are most concerned about on Sunday and the answer will not be Lappin, Brown, Dave, Russel, Chadwick, Cureton. It will be Huckerby or maybe Hartson in combination with Huckerby.

To be fair hasn''t Hucks become the legend he has because he has rolled up his sleeves, dug us out of holes (The Championship).

And why on earth wasn''t Dublin given the caretaker role?

Dublin should have been given the role if there was a straight choice between Duffo and Dion... Just read all of the posts about Hucks and feel that he is the ONLY quality player we have. When we play Lappin instead of Hucks on that side the lad gets vertigo ten metres inside the opposition half, stops and passes it sideways!!! Hucks is the only one (aside from Croft on occasion) who runs at the opposition with any conviction. This only mirrors a team with Darren Eadie in it years back...reliant on one player for inspirational pieces of brilliance.

[quote user="SPat"]I completely

disagree. Hucks was one of the few players on Sat that actually seemed

to be giving 100%. He''s only saying what most on here are thinking

anyway, we''ve sold most of what talent we had, we can''t control games

as there is no midfield and he''s pretty much saying that some of the

other players haven''t been doing what they are contracted to do. What''s

the problem with that?[/quote]

Spat, we know that we have not got many good players left. What we

dont need is a senior player going to the press and making the players

morale even lower. Basically he is saying that he is playing with a

load of numpties.

[/quote]

Don''t we? I think we do need our most senior player going to the

press and actually speaking the truth rather than the "we owe the fans"

blah blah from the usual suspects. He''s not gone to the press

everythime things have gone wrong, he''d never have any time for

training if that was the case. To be frank, you and the other people

knocking Hucks are totally two faced. You expect to slate the club at

all and every opportunity but when a player admits to his frustration

he should get lost! Whether he''s playing to the peak of his ability is

debatable, he is still our most talented player. 

I await Mr Huckerby''s autobiography with great curiosity.......Hope it''s full of juicy gossip concerning all the ''behind the scenes'' at Carra. I don''t think he''ll hold back on that!

[quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="Terminate the ipswich "]

[/quote]

What do you mean, the raw truth?........................... well said Hucks, and may I apologise to you Darren, for the fools with very short and ungrateful memories on here.................I''m ashamed to be called a City fan, if it includers sheep like you lot!.[:@]

Ricky and the few pro Hucks guys are excempted from the above.

[/quote]

Well I never thought I''d say this, but, 1st Wizard I agree with you 150%!!!! Hucks is right in what he says & I applaud him for speaking his mind. It''s not his fault the club allowed ridiculous get out clauses, or that Grant was allowed to bring in the worst mdfield in living memory! We''re doomed to league one football, Hucks knows it, doesn''t like it & most importantly knows he can''t carry the whole team by himelf. Hucks, you''re a legend & you don''t deserve the abuse you''re getting from some of the short sighted idiots on this forum.

If you dont want to play for us, or if you are in two minds then leave the club now.

[/quote]

Think we''d prefer you to get lost!!

By the way I hear that Semmy spoke out today  about the low morale, the lack of confidence etc etc so will people be having at go at him too or is it just Hucks who''s being singled out  ?