Sign in to follow this  
felixstowe canary

Well I for one am quite pleased!

Of all the candidates linked with the job over the past few weeks, I think that barring Jewell the board have made the right decision.

Roeder did once leed West Ham to seventh in the Premier league in a season where they started pretty averagely.  If he hadnt have got ill, who knows?  He may even have taken them further.

Roeder did take Newcastle to Europe in his last job as well (all be it intertoto cup), a position that Allardyce will do well to attain this season with a much better squad.

I personally back Roeder to get us out of trouble this season (If, as i''m sure there will be backing from the board)

ON THE BALL CITY

The negatives always outweigh the positives on all messageboards, particularly this one.

We should be applauding the fact that the board has got a new man in place before Sunday''s big game.

Good Luck Glenn!

Me too! I know everyone''s disappointed it''s noy Jewell, but I don''t think anyone outside Norwich really thought he was coming here. Of the other options I think Roeder''s a good choice. I really hope he hits the ground running and we get a good game Sunday.

Good luck Glen!

OTBC

[quote user="felixstowe canary"]

Of all the candidates linked with the job over the past few weeks, I think that barring Jewell the board have made the right decision.

Roeder did once leed West Ham to seventh in the Premier league in a season where they started pretty averagely.  If he hadnt have got ill, who knows?  He may even have taken them further.

Roeder did take Newcastle to Europe in his last job as well (all be it intertoto cup), a position that Allardyce will do well to attain this season with a much better squad.

I personally back Roeder to get us out of trouble this season (If, as i''m sure there will be backing from the board)

ON THE BALL CITY

[/quote]

This is a wind up-right?