Sign in to follow this  
Berks canary

We Should Be Thanking Our Lucky Stars

That we have secured Glen Roeder . What planet have the " Paul Jewell " supporters been on thinking he would come to a club that is in such a desperate position ?? Yes , it would have been nice to have PJ , but totally unrealistic . It is a miracle that the board have managed to find a manager who has proven premiership experience - he will need it . I say give the guy a chance and get behind the team as one now . If not we will find ourselves in a place we haven''t visited for 48 years .

I wouldn''t go as far as thanking my Lucky stars!

He''s not the best of the choices we had.

He seems an ok fella.

Hopefully if the board back his decissions, he could suceed.

We don''t need another YES Man!

I''ll be giving him till 1st Jan 08. then judge him.

From what i have heard the club made every effort to secure jewells services, but the club just could not give him what he wanted.I should imagine a large transfer kitty.

[quote user="Berks canary"]That we have secured Glen Roeder . What planet have the " Paul Jewell " supporters been on thinking he would come to a club that is in such a desperate position ?? Yes , it would have been nice to have PJ , but totally unrealistic . It is a miracle that the board have managed to find a manager who has proven premiership experience - he will need it . I say give the guy a chance and get behind the team as one now . If not we will find ourselves in a place we haven''t visited for 48 years .[/quote]

Cheers for that Delia.

[quote user="I Roeder"]

I wouldn''t go as far as thanking my Lucky stars!

He''s not the best of the choices we had.

[/quote]And how do you know what those choices were? He may have been the only one willing to take it on. Just because people were interviewed doesn''t mean they still wanted the job after they were interviewed. He may have been on a short list of one.