Sign in to follow this  
mat gore

Sack the board

The worst possible appointment short of Souness anyway.  We are now a laughing stock, literally.   I have already received several emails from friends who support other clubs.

The board have grotesquely mismanaged this club since we were promoted.

This is the worst moment though.  At a time when we need to bring back a sense of togetherness to the club and pull together they spend three weeks in a farcical appointment process and then name someone guaranteed to have 90% of the fans against him before a ball is even kicked.  With his record of 2nd season relegations even if he keeps us up ( which I doubt ) noone will expect him to next year.  This has guaranteed that the crisis will go on at least another year.

I don''t know whether hes a good manager or not but his record is poor at best.  At a time when we needed a morale boost we get a kick in the teeth.  Last year when we needed experience we got a first time manager and the experience damaged both him and us.

They seem to have learnt NOTHING.

Can I be the first to apply for the managers job to lead our attempts to stabilise in league one. 

[quote user="mat gore"]

The worst possible appointment short of Souness anyway.  We are now a laughing stock, literally.  

[/quote]

What tripe!

I would rather have Roeder than - any assisstants (Bowen, Pearson, Crook - even with his German mate- etc) Tilson, Newell, Allen, Dublin, Duffy, Royle, Parkinson but to name a few off the top of my head, although I do agree on Souness!

He''s been appointed, theres nothing we can do about it so lets get right behind him and the team! If not, league One beckons and the scum are gonna roll bk to Suffolk in tears of laughter this Sunday!

[quote user="1st Wizard"]100% accurate, painful and true Matt. Of course, the baa baa, delia sheep mob will hate you for it.........but well said anyway!.[/quote]

change the record, it''s embarrasing reading your faux-Cluck rantings. You''ll change your tune anway in a week or so depending on what you think will get you the most replies. 

[quote user="David Freezer"][quote user="mat gore"]

The worst possible appointment short of Souness anyway.  We are now a laughing stock, literally.  

[/quote]

What tripe!

I would rather have Roeder than - any assisstants (Bowen, Pearson, Crook - even with his German mate- etc) Tilson, Newell, Allen, Dublin, Duffy, Royle, Parkinson but to name a few off the top of my head, although I do agree on Souness!

He''s been appointed, theres nothing we can do about it so lets get right behind him and the team! If not, league One beckons and the scum are gonna roll bk to Suffolk in tears of laughter this Sunday!

[/quote]

At least the board have the excuse of saying that they exhausted a list of all possibly candidates prior to picking this numpty... it seems however that he would of almost been number one on your most wanted list???

I''m rather underwhelmed but how can you sack the board - they are the shareholders and therefore they only go if there are new investors.

[quote user="mat gore"]

The worst possible appointment short of Souness anyway.  We are now a laughing stock, literally.   I have already received several emails from friends who support other clubs.

This is the worst moment though.  At a time when we need to bring back a sense of togetherness to the club and pull together they spend three weeks in a farcical appointment process and then name someone guaranteed to have 90% of the fans against him before a ball is even kicked.  With his record of 2nd season relegations even if he keeps us up ( which I doubt ) noone will expect him to next year.  This has guaranteed that the crisis will go on at least another year.

I don''t know whether hes a good manager or not but his record is poor at best.  At a time when we needed a morale boost we get a kick in the teeth.  Last year when we needed experience we got a first time manager and the experience damaged both him and us.

Can I be the first to apply for the managers job to lead our attempts to stabilise in league one. 

[/quote]

His record isnt as horrendous as you may think.  Guided West Ham to 7th and europe, following season relegation but he did collapse with a brain tumour halfway through (a reasonable excuse I think).  Post relegation he was replaced despite starting with 2 wins, 1 draw & 1 defeat.

Newcastle, guided them again to 7th place in the Premier League and won the Intertoto Cup (ok, but a trophy is a trophy).  Following season absolutely hammered with injuries that even the best managers in the game would have struggled to cope with.

The bloke appears to have the respect of a great many people in the game,  he is experienced and he offers something different to what we have had the past few years (Rioch, Worthy, Grant all disciplinarians I would imagine).  He comes across as calm and thoughtful, a real arm round the shoulder manager.  Possibly just what we need.

Anyway, I think it could be a decent appointment but then I always try to be optimistic.  Either way we are stuck with Roeder whether we like it or not, we can''t sink any lower so its nothing to lose time.  I say wipe the slate clean and get behind the boys because our season starts now.

[quote user="mat gore"]

[/quote]

And on what scientific basis do you conclude that, less than 2 hours after his appointment, are 90% of supporters against him! [:$]

Certainly wouldn''t say he was my number one Smudger, that was Paul Jewell (but that was never realistic!) but he would be high up there from a bad bunch! It was annoying how we didn''t actually seem to have many quality, legitimate options.

At least he is a completely fresh face who is going to have no affection for any of the players and can start swinging the axe where he likes!

i nearly always  back your posts , but this time i think your wrong . i really think  roader will do a good job of getting us out of the crap we are in . i can remember gates of 12,000 & getting them met horses standing on my feet & the  old grass bank at the barclay.so all  i can say  is lets get behind the team &  roader  on   sunday .......... on the ball  city

These embarrassing Deliarite sheep will eat any old crap put in front of them....then defend it to the hilt when it all goes tits up.  I''m only hoping that most of them are non-East Anglian folk because if they aren''t the dozy turnip image is true for all to see.

Roeder quite frankly is an insult....and the club Board a bad joke. Ipswich now have the floor to themselves as the "pride of anglia" badge just moved south.....long term.....with Colchester in second place.

[quote user="T"]

I''m rather underwhelmed but how can you sack the board - they are the shareholders and therefore they only go if there are new investors.

[/quote]

If enough pressure is put on them they will go. End of. See the "Chase out" protests as an example.

Not is this the worst team i can remember but also we have the most easily pleased norwich fans in history, the Delia back slapping, suck up, make me want to puke, our club is going down the tubes yet people still take the spin hook line and sinker, ok Roeder is here rightly or wrongly but the fight to out this board of meat heads must go on if this club is to be saved from humiliation.

[quote user="NEIL CLUCKCASTER"]

These embarrassing Deliarite sheep will eat any old crap put in front of them....then defend it to the hilt when it all goes tits up.  I''m only hoping that most of them are non-East Anglian folk because if they aren''t the dozy turnip image is true for all to see.

Roeder quite frankly is an insult....and the club Board a bad joke. Ipswich now have the floor to themselves as the "pride of anglia" badge just moved south.....long term.....with Colchester in second place.

[/quote]

Cluck - I am as anti board as you, however just as you have stated about the "Deliarite Sheep" above (and I agree to a certain degree) I do feel you look at everything that comes out of Carrow Road as rubbish before looking at it logically.

Yes - you can argue that we wouldn''t have appointed Roeder if we were in a better position in the league and better position financially. All of which is indeed the boards fault and I totally agree with you. However like it or not we are where we are, and although I, along with many others would dance through the streets of Norwich if Delia Smith sold her shares today, she hasn''t and we needed a manager.

In the circumstances of the club I don''t think Roeder is a bad appointment at all; Premiership experience, Premiership contacts, credibility with in the game at a top level (was being touted for Director of Football at Arsenal for god sake), and I feel will get the respect of the players in the squad at present (because even with Hucks, he has managed players of better quality and ability than them.

For some reason I just feel he will, given the backing (step forward the Turners) do well for this club.

As I stated i''m as anti board as you - but think some of the stuff on here about Roeder is abit hysterical and way off mark.

[quote user="Mr.Carrow"][quote user="T"]

[/quote]

If enough pressure is put on them they will go. End of. See the "Chase out" protests as an example.

[/quote]

Then lets do it!