Sign in to follow this  
Hartsons Gut

If its Roeder, then im right behind him

Could be better, but could be alot worst!!!

I wouldnt be too disapointed if he was appointed, he has the necessary experience and could well be the calmer influence we need.

He didn''t do very well at Watford.

He was doing quite well at West Ham before the brain tumour thing, struggled when he came back.

Struggled at Newcastle but then I think anyone would have struggled at that particular time.  No fit strikers at one stage, one fit centre half (and that was Titus Bramble)

So I agree that he could be a good calming, arm round the shoulder type manager.  Might be just what we need after a screamer like Grant.

If I remember correctly, when he took over at Newcastle he did a blinding job in his first season (took over from Bobby Robson?), but in his next season he was blighted by many big injuries and couldn''t really recover from losing so many top players.

OMG really? Glenn Roeder has no achievement to speak of - his credentials aren''t good enough and he would definately get us relegated!

[quote user="Terminate the ipswich "]Would not be my choice, but how do you know he would be bad?[/quote]

Right behind him? You''ve got a season ticket behind the dug-outs?

[quote user="Terminate the ipswich "]Would not be my choice, but how do you know he would be bad?[/quote]

Well, I don''t know he would be bad but his record suggests we shouldn''t expect too much from him. What frightens me is he is probably brilliant at being interviewed and our board would put that ahead of his somewhat dubious management record which is what should count.

Mark .Y.

[quote user="DIZNAZZA HIZLOMEZ"]

Would be a very underwhelming penny pinching appointment. Has acheived nothing and sacked from 3 previous posts. No thank you.

Surely the board can''s get it wrong again, unfortunatly I have no faith in them esecially Dumbscootercaster.

[/quote]

In absolute agreement with you on the board statement but let''s have a long hard sit down and face reality here. As much as it pains me to say this, A pennypinching appointment is all we can hope for as anyone who''s anyone won''t come here, not least leave a better job for a Championship relegation fight......... Hmmmm, not an attractive propostition is it? Let''s just accept it, we are no longer the big draw we''d all like to believe! Personally I think Roeder would be a pretty good appointment but then you never know until someone''s in. Look at what happened with Roy Keane @ Sunderland, O''Neill with us years back........

On a slightly different note, has anybody else noticed how bad the grammar is on here? Some of it just astounds me!!!!

[quote user="norwichsfinest"]

Hmmmm, not an attractive propostition is it?

On a slightly different note, has anybody else noticed how bad the grammar is on here? Some of it just astounds me!!!!

[/quote]

Indeed I have. And four exclamation marks as well. Tut tut.

And I do like the idea of having a "long hard sit down". As opposed to those "short easy sit downs"? Man, I hate them...

[;)]

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"][quote user="norwichsfinest"]

[/quote]

And I do like the idea of having a "long hard sit down". As opposed to those "short easy sit downs"? Man, I hate them...

[;)]

[/quote]

Genuine LOL!

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"]If its Glenn Roeder we are going down....   He has done nothing positive of note during his managerial career and has ballsed up every club he has managerd during his second season.[/quote]

Except this time, he probably won''t need a second season...

To CJF - West Ham - Second season he collapsed with a brain tumour....Newcastle - Second season a horrendous injury nightmare that would have challenged even the best manager.  Give him a break and give him a chance. 

[quote user="jimmy500"]

To CJF - West Ham - Second season he collapsed with a brain tumour....

[/quote]

Was this due to the pressure of sitting in the relegation zone??  I noted Paul Jewell needed a break this year.

[quote user="jimmy500"]

Newcastle - Second season a horrendous injury nightmare that would have challenged even the best manager.  Give him a break and give him a chance. 

[/quote]

yeah yeah, every club has that excuse, not many have Newcastle''s money.

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"][quote user="norwichsfinest"]

[/quote]

[;)]

[/quote]

Er, I''ve broken my leg at the moment and my chair''s made of stone so it is a long hard sit down......... etc etc....... At least I spelt it correct!!!! hahahaha 

You''ve got me on my spelling there although I can honestly say that''s down to an over eager typo! DAMN! I knew that would come back to haunt me!!!!

I mean, well done Graham, you win the Speedboat for spotting the deliberate spelling mistake!