Sign in to follow this  
ronbol ronbol

Time for doncaster to resign

We have had some idiots in our time running our football club, but this bloke is beginning to take the P*SS. He has made himself look a complete fool with the amount of time it is taking to find us a manager.look at crystal palace and spurs both had a plan B and new the manager they wanted...............us .......... well we want to sit around the board room table for a few weeks whilst the teams league position becomes even worse. Get a list of criteria together , then have several rounds of interviews etc etc etc......FOR GODS SAKE DONCASTER WE ARE BOTTOM OF THE LEAGUE AND NEED A MANAGER SO GET ON WITH IT.Time you hung your head in shame and resigned , you are well out of your depth. This club has become a laughing stock......DONKEY DONCASTER OUT

[quote user="1st Wizard"]Well said double R, I''ll second that!.[/quote]

Spot on...and I''ll third it........

Although I have never been convinced by Doncaster and he has never convinced me he has a clue, that argument isn''t very consistent.[quote user="ronbol ronbol"]We have had some idiots in our time running our football club, but this bloke is beginning to take the P*SS. He has made himself look a complete fool with the amount of time it is taking to find us a manager.look at crystal palace and spurs both had a plan B and new the manager they wanted...............us .......... well we want to sit around the board room table for a few weeks whilst the teams league position becomes even worse. Get a list of criteria together , then have several rounds of interviews etc etc etc......FOR GODS SAKE DONCASTER WE ARE BOTTOM OF THE LEAGUE AND NEED A MANAGER SO GET ON WITH IT.Time you hung your head in shame and resigned , you are well out of your depth. This club has become a laughing stock......DONKEY DONCASTER OUT

[/quote]

Agree with everything said - it''s just taken too many fans too long to realise how inept our board are. We''re just turning into provincial nobodys under their stewardship - i''d have Chase anyday over this lot - at least the football was good!

I''ve argued before that I think this would do more good than changing the identity of majority shareholders. Doncaster is the most senior full time employee, central and responsible for everything that goes on, far more so than Delia Smith who probably turns up for board meetings and gets fed the information and recommendations from the CEO and his management team, but who actually probably has no involvement in day to day affairs.

So depending on when this post gets through I''ll xth it, where x=whatever number (probably a fraction) comes between the one immediately preceding and the one immediately following (if any, in which case x will be the last one plus 1).

It`s become glaringly evident that the "Norwich " experiment has failled and it`s time to move on. The idea of running a nice little football club by committee is not viable. I applaude all the work the club do with the community but that doesnt mean we have to be a soft touch.

Football is a cut throat business and we need a strong leader at the top who makes decisive decisions based on footballing nouse. A successful professional club can not be run by committee, and can not be run by well meaning but clueless board members.

Doncaster has to go, the present Board has to  go to be replaced by a structure that enables a decision maker to take positive action as and when necessary. Cosey relationships beween board members and managers are totally inappropriate, decisions taken without an understanding of the game are doomed, and running anything by Committeee is a recipe for inaction, fudging critical decisions and convenient corporate buck passing when the going gets tough.

Delia`s big idea has failled and continues fail, the evidence is there before our very eyes! 

can''t see the point doing 2nd and 3rd interviews, decide who they want and offer the job, if they don''t want it move on to number two choice.....  oh dear maybe thats what they did and no-one wanted it!

Yes.

As I said on a previous post if he was on performance related pay he would be paying to work here. He may take the time to speak to fans but on £180k a year he should delegate that duty to someone on much less and concentrate on getting this club out of the position it is in. I blame him for the silly get out clauses and the sale of the midfield two just as the season was about to get under way. Why didn''t Doncaster if he had to agree to a get out clause not stipulate that no movement could take place within 4 to 6 weeks of a season starting, we would then not be in the position we are in with a completely inept midfield, why didn''t he insist on replacing Hunter within days of his leaving. Prudence.

Whilst prudence may be the key word at Norwich City I feel it is only on the football side that prudence is practiced. Managerial interviews held - reportedly - in London the most expensive place to do business. Players travelling the day before an evening kick off in London more wasted money on Hotel bills (how many people have travelled to London run the London Marathon travelled back all in the same day and gone to work the following day - I certainly have).

Lets get a hard headed business man in and turn things around.

Ok so it''s roeder.......But how the hell has it taken 3 weeks to determine he is the right man for the job.Doncaster you are a disgrace much like the rest of the board.P.S good luck glenn roeder