Sign in to follow this  
Worcester Yellow

Did any of you knockers listen to Roeders comments at his press conference

He is clearly articulate and intelligent...

Most managers do huge success just once in their career.... lets hope its here..

AND he has a sense of humour...

"He obviously had to remove some of the brain in that area as well but I was fortunate again that it was in an area that doesn''t control anything vital. I know there is a chance that brain surgery can affect personality but people tell me I''m just the same.

"My wife was disappointed. She was hoping it would have softened me because I can be opinionated at times when I believe I''m right but I''m no different."

PLUS... if he can mind Gazza he can sort out Hucks/Croft...

His laid back demeanour may be just what we need...

GIVE THE GUY A CHANCE.... Glenn... you got my support mate... Good Luck...

[quote user="JanBlazak"]

Most managers do huge success just once in their career.... lets hope its here..

"He obviously had to remove some of the brain in that area as well but I was fortunate again that it was in an area that doesn''t control anything vital. I know there is a chance that brain surgery can affect personality but people tell me I''m just the same.

"My wife was disappointed. She was hoping it would have softened me because I can be opinionated at times when I believe I''m right but I''m no different."

[/quote]

Hes also boring and lacks charisma and has been sacked for FAILING at all 3 clubs-2 of whom he relegated!

I don''t mean to do the proverbial on your bonfire Jan, but if he was sent to ''mind'' Gazza during his stint in Italy then i''d say he failed completely!

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"]

Hes also boring and lacks charisma and has been sacked for FAILING at all 3 clubs-2 of whom he relegated!

[/quote]Who would you have chosen Jimmy Tarbuck?He certainly didn''t fail at Newcastle. The football played by WHU when they were relegated was fantastic. I''d settle for that level of passing........Real Madrid. He''s a good appointment for us. If he fails he fails.Well done to the board.

[quote user="Chabal"]I don''t mean to do the proverbial on your bonfire Jan, but if he was sent to ''mind'' Gazza during his stint in Italy then i''d say he failed completely![/quote]

Gascoigne scored a thumping header to win the Rome derby. That will do for starters.

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"][quote user="JanBlazak"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Fair point Arthur BUT did he not take West Ham to 7th place in the season before they went down? Ask any Wet Spam fan now and I''m sure they would snap your hand off if offered 7th place!  Next season ok was poor but we have no idea how much his health may (or may not) have been a factor - the poor guy had a brain tumour for Gods sake.

At Newcastle again a good start but it then tailed off  the next season and he was fired. That club get through more managers than I have hot dinners so I don''t consider his sacking as NECESSARILY a blight on his CV. Even Bobby Robson was sacked at Newcatsle and you could never call him a poor manager!

Where I do agree with your general stance on other club matters is that The Smiths should be run out of town ASAP. Won''t happen of course as too many fans still believe she is absolutely beyond any form of criticism.

I hope he pulls a couple of decent loans out of the fire, a couple of decent coaches and pulls us out of trouble so that you, cluck, smudge and the wizzard can shut the hell up.  It is so boring it is sad.  We know your opinions, and you ram them down peoples throats 50 times a day, we know that you are so narrow minded that you cannot see anything else, and we know that none of you come across as being very articulate or intelligent. So please, please Glenn give us the turnaround we need to once and for all shut these people up and go back to discussing football.

Yes the board have made mistakes and yes we would all love a change, but unless you are actually going to get up and do something about it - SHUT UP.

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

He was dull and uninspiring...and delivered the laughable "12th man" line about as well as a paperboy with no arms. The spin thus begins........

I fear Worthingtom will be viewed as sexily charismatic after a few of Roeder''s post match excuse sessions....and there will be many I don''t doubt.  A very poor choice....and I''m staggered at how easily duped Delia''s sheep have been...yet again.

[quote user="JanBlazak"]

[/quote]

Dam, i never knew knockers had ears!

[/quote]

[/quote]

From BBC Football  -

"I''ve been in this sort of position before and always managed to turn it around.

"As a person I like to live on the edge and sail close to the wind and that''s what this club is doing at the moment." (GR)

No Glenn, you are dull, straight, boring. All of this I could live with if you were a good manager - you are not!

[quote user="T07"][quote user="Arthur Whittle"]

[/quote]

Who would you have chosen Jimmy Tarbuck?

He certainly didn''t fail at Newcastle. The football played by WHU when they were relegated was fantastic. I''d settle for that level of passing........Real Madrid. He''s a good appointment for us. If he fails he fails.

Well done to the board.
[/quote]

Yeah he didnt fail at newcastle he got sacked for finishing near the bottom of the table with 1 game to go. Cracking success. Who would i have chosen? Martin Allen? Ian Holloway? Tilson? Williams? Gary Johnson?

Its pathetic really... to those who keep knocking...

How are any of you supporters ???

If you cant get behind a new manager... who so far has not made one bad decision... who has a mixed pedigree... but apart from ''mad dogs'' et al was probably one of the only decent applicants... when will you be happy???

Of the available... Tilson took Southend down... and has no experience of this league or situation... Martin Allen is a loose cannon...he''s going to fit with senior pros isnt he... the guys a muppett... Grayson is plain thick... and hasnt the experience..   Jewell is going Middlesboro... so dont hold your breath... Bruce is staying at Brum...

And your overlooked choice is???????????????

Im not bothered if he is grey and uncharismatic... think Arsene Wenger... if he is intelligent and ambitious for the club... that will do me... (and if he gets Nigel Pearson as his asst. Im well happy)... a manager doesnt have to do everything... he has to make sure everything gets done... that requires a brain... a calm demeanor... and to get the bigger picture...

So for those who want to carry on knocking... I ask you who or what you think you are supporting ? it isnt the club... the appointment is made... so either get behind Glenn and support him... or b**ger off and moan about another club...

Nuff said.... Bring on the scum... Good luck Glenn

One of the only decent applicants ? but they told us there were over 50 quality people applying for the job , are you saying the Board are liars ? . Anyway you dont have to like the manager , you can just as easily say everybody slagging off a player is not a true supporter .I am sure you will all clap wildly when Delia appoints her first League 1 manager.

Who would i have chosen? Martin Allen? Ian Holloway? Tilson? Williams? Gary Johnson?

Arthur, are you telling us that if any of the above had been appointed, you''d be on here telling us what a great appointment the board had made?

[quote user="JanBlazak"]

Of the available... Tilson took Southend down... and has no experience of this league or situation... Martin Allen is a loose cannon...he''s going to fit with senior pros isnt he... the guys a muppett... Grayson is plain thick... and hasnt the experience..   Jewell is going Middlesboro... so dont hold your breath... Bruce is staying at Brum...

[/quote]

What I would say here is that Tilson got Southend promoted two years in a row (and obviously does have experience with this league and our situation), Allen did well at Brentford on a very tight budget and at MK Dons though without getting promoted, Grayson is a very promising manager (though with not much experience as you rightly point out) and obviously there wasn''t a realistic chance with Jewell and Bruce.

But though he obviously wouldn''t be my first choice, it is only fair we give him the chance to turn it round. To slag someone off when the haven''t even been here 24 hours is poor form. It''s not his fault we''re in this situation and he has inherited an abysmal squad with no confidence or team spirit whatsoever. And quite possibly not much of a budget either. So he does need our support.

NEIL CLUCKCASTER wrote the following post at 30/10/2007 4:36 PM:

I fear Worthingtom will be viewed as sexily charismatic after a few of Roeder''s post match excuse sessions....and there will be many I don''t doubt.  A very poor choice....and I''m staggered at how easily duped Delia''s sheep have been...yet again.

cluck.. you talk a load of shite.. give the chap a chance.

its about time you and the other non believers  or moaners( smudger and whittle) pissed off to support the scum, every one is bored with you on here now.

you lot  bore me to death

what a bunch of tossers

[quote user="Big Ginge"]

From BBC Football  -

"I''ve been in this sort of position before and always managed to turn it around.

"As a person I like to live on the edge and sail close to the wind and that''s what this club is doing at the moment." (GR)

No Glenn, you are dull, straight, boring. All of this I could live with if you were a good manager - you are not!

[/quote]

We also thought that about Sven, whom Roeder looks a little bit like a young version of - particularly when he folds his arms and stands on the touchline in the manner of a man waiting for the number 19 to Costessey.

I particularly liked the fact Roeder said:

> He would not talk about individuals to the media as it doesn''t help the team morale

> He would not discuss transfer budgets with the media as other clubs ratchet up the prices once they know there''s money about

I think he''ll be okay, and certainly keep us out of Division 1.  That''s probably the old Division 1 as well as the new Division 1, if you see what I mean, but stability right now is what we need.

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"][quote user="T07"][quote user="Arthur Whittle"]

[/quote]Who would you have chosen Jimmy Tarbuck?He certainly didn''t fail at Newcastle. The football played by WHU when they were relegated was fantastic. I''d settle for that level of passing........Real Madrid. He''s a good appointment for us. If he fails he fails.Well done to the board.[/quote]

Yeah he didnt fail at newcastle he got sacked for finishing near the bottom of the table with 1 game to go. Cracking success. Who would i have chosen? Martin Allen? Ian Holloway? Tilson? Williams? Gary Johnson?

[/quote]Martin Allen - Already a reject of Leceister, his managerial experience is mainly lower league and uninspiring.Steve Tilson - Fair enough did a good job getting Southend this far but ultimately he failed in this league, plus his playing career is nothing short of medioca.Ian Holloway - An average manager with an average team, his stats are poor and certainly no better than Roeder. And rubbished any link with us.Geraint Williams - Done a decent job at Colchester, but ultimatey he is happy there and was never going to join us. Certainly doesn''t not have the level of experience of RoederGary Johnson - Yeh right!!! hahahahah!!! because he''s going to leave a club thats 2nd in the league! You are having a laff!Any of the people better than Roeder for the situation we are in, I don''t think so. But hey any excuse these days....[:P]

BRING ON THE GLORY YEARS GLENN!!!May this be the beginning of a wonderful relationship betwen club and manager. Contrary to what people are saying about his managerial record, Roeder has been very effetive at the last two clubs he''s managed. He helped promote West Ham then took them to seventh in the Premiership. During the season they got relegated he was in hospital suffering with a brain tumour so it can''t have been the easiest of times to managing a football club(!) Meanwhile, Newcastle is an tough job for any manager; sky high expectations, and for some reason like the England team never able to fulfil potential. Look at all the managers that have been there and failed. Big Sam''s not exactly having it easy there nor doing anything significantly better than Roeder did.Glenn Roeder has the credentials as far as I''m concerned, I think the board have made a good decision. He has a good footballing brain and I''m sure will quickly set about getting a settled first choice 11 and installing the confidence back into the team..ALL THE BEST & GOOD LUCK GLENN - LETS STUFF THE SCUM ON SUNDAY AND GET THIS SEASON BACK ON TRACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He wasn''t sacked by Newcastle as i think you will find he resigned!!!

Give the guy a chance i think he''ll do ok!