Sign in to follow this  
Web Team - Celia Sutton

Two reports on EDP24

Good editorial bit. Particularly the last paragraph about whether a top manager would actually want to work under a board renowned for prudence and caution.

Yep, good piece, think the PR team at the club will be pretty busy this morning. Damning words from local MPs too, might get the board to wake up a little bit more than us mere messageboard fans.

I''m not normally a big fan of MPs or the EDP editors,but this time they all have it spot-on.

Dr Gibson is absolutely right that the current board''s inactivity and complacency has been breathtaking.As others have stated very eloquently on this forum,it is not just a recent thing;it''s been evident since the Prem promotion season.

What people from outside the area do not seem to understand is that the region''s well-being and that of NCFC are far more inextricably linked than in most other parts of the UK.

Personally,I do not take too much notice of the so-called "rumours" re shareholders/managers that appear with monotonous regularity here.despite the past evidence,we have to hope against hope that the powers that be ar CR have belatedly got off their fat ,smug backsides,and are addressing the issue efficiently.

I''m glad that Norwich''s economic development plan is reliant on 11 players kicking a ball around...How about some investment in some goals with nets in parks, or trying to keep the last remaining tennis courts open, or finding out why the only cultural product of recent note has been a fictional comedy character?

MPs should concentrate on their own jobs. Strange that only the former MP backs the out of favour board, where as those that need votes jump on the bandwagon. If the club is so important why not put local taxes towards paying extortionate wages and transfer fees? Probably not too popular that idea, whereas a slagging off of the board at a time of crisis in the press is free publicity.

I''d suggest NCFC start using its high profile players to point out the failings in local government the next time an election is due.

DR Gibson speaks like a true supporter. and he is right with what he says too... a succesful team brings people, jobs, revenue etc to the city... the board need to listen to what he is sayinng.

jas :)

It''s good that the board have just been given more pressure, hopefully this will add to the reasoning behind pushing the boat out to get the right man!

[quote user="One Flew Over..."]

I''m glad that Norwich''s economic development plan is reliant on 11 players kicking a ball around...How about some investment in some goals with nets in parks, or trying to keep the last remaining tennis courts open, or finding out why the only cultural product of recent note has been a fictional comedy character?

MPs should concentrate on their own jobs. Strange that only the former MP backs the out of favour board, where as those that need votes jump on the bandwagon. If the club is so important why not put local taxes towards paying extortionate wages and transfer fees? Probably not too popular that idea, whereas a slagging off of the board at a time of crisis in the press is free publicity.

I''d suggest NCFC start using its high profile players to point out the failings in local government the next time an election is due.

[/quote]

And it worked a treat with the predictable responses on here. How can people so easily recognise spin from the board and yet so easily fall for politicians spin? Could it be because they were saying what people wanted to hear? Anyway, it seems pretty clear from the article that the MP''s, like many posters on here, don''t recognise the ''new blood'' on the board or that they do and see them as part of the problem.

I am certainly more wary of politician spin than even the best that Doncaster can come up with and I still haven''t forgotten our new hero Gibsons comments about us all being inbreds!

[quote user="One Flew Over..."]

[/quote]

Tremendous idea!

Huckerby on the left wing, Croft on the right... the rest of the midfield not sure, but somewhere in the middle.

Nutty, what evidence is there that the Turners are not part of the problem? Did they not state at the AGM that they were "brought in to do a specific job" and rubbish speculation that they were preparing to take over? What, exactly, has changed? Or is it just a case of clutching at straws?

[quote user="Mr.Carrow"]Nutty, what evidence is there that the Turners are not part of the problem? Did they not state at the AGM that they were "brought in to do a specific job" and rubbish speculation that they were preparing to take over? What, exactly, has changed? Or is it just a case of clutching at straws?[/quote]

There''s no evidence that the Turners are not part of the problem. If I had any evidence that they were not part of the problem I wouldn''t have asked you on the other thread if they were part of the problem or part of the solution.

I am not clutching at straws but maybe you are refusing to recognise change. What has changed is that there are new people on the board of directors who have invested 2m of their money and are being active in the decision making at the club. They don''t have to take over to instigate change, they only have to take part.

I know no more than that. If you know more then tell me.

Yes a very good article Celia...

and after only just getting a new business off the ground in the City myself I can also say that I am more than a little concerned about where the club is headed having an effect on my business!!!

Was at the meeting in Diss this evening and the board members seem to know that they are now fighting a hopeless battle... [:(]

[quote user="Smudger"]

Yes a very good article Celia...

and after only just getting a new business off the ground in the City myself I can also say that I am more than a little concerned about where the club is headed having an effect on my business!!!

Was at the meeting in Diss this evening and the board members seem to know that they are now fighting a hopeless battle... [:(]

[/quote]

Smudger, having read your comments and approach for solution on here for some time, let me be the first to tell you that you have far less to be concerned about as to how the club will affect your business than how you will affect the situation yourself. And I mean this in the kindest possible way.