Sign in to follow this  
Matt Morriss

NIGEL PEARSON ASSISTANT MANAGER, SILVER CLOUD

Looks like Glenn has approached Nigel Pearson, guessing of course but who else can he be referring to when he says he has someone in mind who is currently at another club.If this comes off it will be a blessing in disguise the appointment of Roeder, Pearson''s done well at Newcastle and he would be a good assistant.

Alan Shearer? He was Roeder''s assistant for a while. That would be awesome! He''d show the strikers where the goal is!

[quote user="gunnsdoppellganger"]

[quote user="Steelsilver"]Knowing our luck it''ll be Brian Bush. - you don''t know who he is? exactly![/quote]

I do as I am him. Are you inferring I would not make a good number 2?

[/quote]

You''d make a steaming number 2 [:D]

Gary Speed Player Coach? as

Did they work together at Newcastle?

This maybe a tad unrealistic, but depends on whether Speeds sorted out his differences at Bolton now Megsons there and how much of a desire he has to coach.

Mick Harford could be the assistant manager. Roeder said that one was employed didnt he> Harford was part of the Colchester success and has done  well as manage rat QPR before being ousted. Whether he wants to be a no2 agian i dont know.

To me, this could be a more important posting than the manager, hear me out. What I´m trying to say is that he may not have been my first choice, but I will sure as hell be rooting for him and the team, but what we need is an assistant manager and a 1st team coach of high quality and aswell as sorting the team out this might give the I HATE THE MANAGER brigade something to be positive about, I would like somebody who has been at the club before, who knows about the club etc and a man who can command respect from the team as well as the manager.

Come on Norwich, redeem your selfs with a decent back up staff.

Well what with it all being change at Bolton, Sam may look to recruit some of his old rearguard..Sbragia and Sammy Lee. Then Pearson could become number 2,

Pearson is still at Newcastle as he does all the MOTD post match interviews as Big Sam still doesn''t speak to the BBC. He would be an excellent appointment but can''t see im coming here - he would probably be looking for a manager''s job next. More likely to be Kevin Bond who seems to be one of those "good coaches, rubbish manager" types.

Who was Roeder''s assistant at West Ham?

I think he worked with Colin Lee at Watford.

a good manager needs a good assistant to get success and make it work.

Fergie and kidd, and latterly Quieroz as an example.

Bill shankly often said he would of been nothing without his assistant.

take us in europe. Mike Walker and John deehan worked well together... and to some extent Worthy and Foley.

Who roeder gets in is vital!

jas :)

I''ve just watched Anglia News, in particular the feature on Roeder''s appointment. When talking about bringing an assistant, an elongated clip of Roeder at Newcastle receiving advice from Nigel Pearson was shown.

Is this a thinly veiled attempt by Anglia to tell us that they know who Roeder is about to get in, but can''t really say? Seems that way to me.

It would be the perfect excuse for Big Sam to bring Sammy Lee to Newcastle.

I''d be very happy with a Roeder/Pearson dugout team

pearson is well respected in the game and im sure mumby and co may ahve seen it s as part of the deal