Sign in to follow this  
Arthur Whittle

Delia and co how dear you?

[quote user="T07"]

How ''dear'' you??

Maybe he was the only one who wanted the job.... interviews are a two way thing......

I doubt he''s cheap, and I doubt the board would deliberately appoint anyone they didn''t consider to be the best option. He has great contacts withing the game so expewct a couple of interesting loans, possibly one this week I hear.

Remember players were also consulted...... I suspect their opinion matters a little more than yours

Good luck Glen....
[/quote]

If  [quote]  maybe he was the only one who wanted the job [/quote]  how do you square that with next saying [quote] I doubt the board would deliberately appoint anyone they didn''t consider to be the best option  [/quote] It''s either one way or the other, so which is it, in your opinion?

[quote] Remember players were also consulted [/quote] How do you know this? You seem to have some inside knowledge, T07. Seems your disguise is slowly slipping away....

[quote user="T07"][quote user="Arthur Whittle"]

So as you clearly support our board, if Glen was the only one who wanted the job why did MWJ say we had over 50 high profile candidites interested in the job?

[/quote]

I do, emphatically

Lets say there was only one applicant, what was the board to say, "we''ve only had one applicant"? Get real

[/quote]

Actually, if there had only been one applicant, then yes, I would expect the board to say "we''ve only had one applicant". Anything else would have been a lie, and would you want a board that lies to the fans?

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Arthur Whittle"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Arthur Whittle"]

I hope i am wrong NN But your avoiding my point. They have made a gamble at a time when we can ill afford to make one. Surely that speaks volumes in itself? Twist it what way you want mate. Its to late to worry whos in charge was the point im trying to make. These threads have nothing to do with Roeder and all to do with the Board. Come on nutty.

[/quote]

Arthur - any manager appointment at any club is a gamble. Your choice, whoever that was would have been a gamble. If I am wrong then tell me who wouldn''t have been a gamble.

It maybe that he was the best candidate they could get which in turn would make it less of a gamble than if they had employed the worst candidate!

[/quote]

I really give up NN. I cant believe you honestly dont think there are better options out there. I honestly think some people would find a positve  if they appointed bloody Peter Mendham from behind bars with Peter Grant as touch line communicator!!

[/quote]

Stop twisting what I said Arthur and answer my question as I always answer yours. Most of the other names being bandied about on here the last few days as being interested in the job would have been a gamble. Is it about Roeder or about the gamble.. make your mind up this thread is still not long enough to lose track.

[/quote]

Now NN i think its you whos twisting things. Wh you dont seem to realise is we have gambled yet again on prudence ie the cheap option. Now if we had gambled on an ambitious up coming manager at least the board couldve come out if didnt go right and say ''we gave it a good go''. But no not our lot, they still havent learnt from past mistakes have they? Paul , Gary Johnson,Paul Jewell, Ian Holloway.....Gambles yes but ambitious ones all the same.

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Arthur Whittle"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Arthur Whittle"]

I hope i am wrong NN But your avoiding my point. They have made a gamble at a time when we can ill afford to make one. Surely that speaks volumes in itself? Twist it what way you want mate. Its to late to worry whos in charge was the point im trying to make. These threads have nothing to do with Roeder and all to do with the Board. Come on nutty.

[/quote]

Arthur - any manager appointment at any club is a gamble. Your choice, whoever that was would have been a gamble. If I am wrong then tell me who wouldn''t have been a gamble.

It maybe that he was the best candidate they could get which in turn would make it less of a gamble than if they had employed the worst candidate!

[/quote]

I really give up NN. I cant believe you honestly dont think there are better options out there. I honestly think some people would find a positve  if they appointed bloody Peter Mendham from behind bars with Peter Grant as touch line communicator!!

[/quote]

Stop twisting what I said Arthur and answer my question as I always answer yours. Most of the other names being bandied about on here the last few days as being interested in the job would have been a gamble. Is it about Roeder or about the gamble.. make your mind up this thread is still not long enough to lose track.

[/quote]

Now NN i think its you whos twisting things. Wh you dont seem to realise is we have gambled yet again on prudence ie the cheap option. Now if we had gambled on an ambitious up coming manager at least the board couldve come out if didnt go right and say ''we gave it a good go''. But no not our lot, they still havent learnt from past mistakes have they? Paul , Gary Johnson,Paul Jewell, Ian Holloway.....Gambles yes but ambitious ones all the same.

[quote user="arrdee"]

Now Arto , you are such a sweet darling , but did you think we were about to appoint Wenger ? or Jose ? or Jol ? Arto we are a poor Championship side . We have too deal from the "bargain rail ", all we can do is smile , hope the board has made the right appointment and wish for the best .

If it all  turns out wrong ,well what ever happens I for one will have my beloved Norwich City to support for ever . If you want to support another team thats up to you .

Theres a place that Arto go''s to cry his troubles away and they call it lonesome town where the hopeless team play.

You can buy a team or two to last you all through the years and the only price you pay is a crate full of beer .

Arto''s going down to lonesome town where the broken hearts stay, going down to lonesome town to fritter his money away .

Thats a town of broken dreams the streets are filled with regret maybe down in lonesome town Arto can learn to forget .

arrdee [;)] [:D] .

[/quote]

Arrdee my friend you seem to miss my point. I agree we are a poor championship side and thats because of prudance and no ambition. Like i said to nutty this appointment smacks of prudance yet again so imo they havet learnt and are prepared to carry on gambling with such ways of thinking. Ince,Jewell,Johnson,Holloway....Ambitious gamble but surely if things dont work out they could say they tried, but instead they would rather the cheap option and sit on hands hoping for the best.

Now its my wifes Birthday today and we are taking the grandchildren out for a nature trail walk. This evening my son and his wonderful wife and two of our life long friends are taking me and the princess out for a meal in one of the best restaurants in this greastest City. It doesnt get much better than that Arrdee so my lots etty damn good and im certainly not complaining about my life!

Regards

[quote user="Olive King"]You can''t even spell, how do you expect to be taken seriously???????????????????[/quote]

So people with spelling problems should be ignored in life hey? pompus idiot!

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"]

[/quote]

Rubbish.

Forget Paul Jewell, he would never have come here.

Gary Johnson would have been a mug to swap Bristol City for the current mess here.

Ian Holloway. Great one-liners but not really sure you could describe him as up and coming despite Plymouth''s relative success this season.

Answer me this Arthur. You and others have been telling us for months and months that the club''s a joke, with no ambition and that we''re a laughing stock across the nation. Now I''ve started to agree with certain parts of your opinion, but if it is true then why the hell would an up and coming manager want to manage us? Face facts Arthur, we''re bottom of The Championship, the last manager lasted only a year, our star player so fed up he''s thinking about jacking it all in and there are rumours about divisions in the dressing room and the boardroom. We''re not exactly the best looking bloke on the dancefloor so we''ve had to wait until the slowies come on at 2 o''clock and see what''s left!

"Theres a place that Arto go''s to cry his troubles away and they call it lonesome town where the hopeless team play."

You seem like a nice chap ArrDee so please leave Lincoln City out of this!

We got a new manager yesterday, too.  Not as high profile as yours but, hopefully, like Mr Roeder he can turn our season around.

We, too, are bottom of the league.  Bottom of the entire Football League staring into the enfolding arms of the Blue Square Conference with attractive away trips to Forest Green and Ebbsfleet and littered with former members of the league still struggling to get out of it.  I''ve tried to look on the bright side of this by thinking that we would be relegated into the "Premier League".

Your new man is a quiet, calm chap I believe.  Ours is not.  He once got turned over by the FA for rushing on to the pitch and grabbing an opposition player by the throat having witnessed what he believed was an unacceptable foul (Bristol City, since you ask).

We''ll see what they can do by the end of the season.  Of course you could be in Division One and we in the Conference.

But I think that what you are saying is that if that happens we will still be there for them. Correct?Disappointed but still our club?  I think so.

This is a wonderful board but you do seem to have some prolific posters who positively revel in the current difficulties of your club.  That''s really odd - we have a few like that, too, but most of ours actually support  Peterborough.  Mind you we don''t have blokes in leotards jumping up and down in what looks remarkably like the periphery of a multi storey car park either. 

Not a sheep before anyone asks.  An Imp.

Good luck for the rest of the season.

[quote user="Shack Attack"][quote user="Arthur Whittle"]

[/quote]

Rubbish.

Gary Johnson would have been a mug to swap Bristol City for the current mess here.

Ian Holloway. Great one-liners but not really sure you could describe him as up and coming despite Plymouth''s relative success this season.

Answer me this Arthur. You and others have been telling us for months and months that the club''s a joke, with no ambition and that we''re a laughing stock across the nation. Now I''ve started to agree with certain parts of your opinion, but if it is true then why the hell would an up and coming manager want to manage us? Face facts Arthur, we''re bottom of The Championship, the last manager lasted only a year, our star player so fed up he''s thinking about jacking it all in and there are rumours about divisions in the dressing room and the boardroom. We''re not exactly the best looking bloke on the dancefloor so we''ve had to wait until the slowies come on at 2 o''clock and see what''s left!

[/quote]

A decent manager eg Gary Johnson would leave a small club like Bistol City for Norwich because we have more potential. Surely you can see that if Chelsea were sitting in the bottom half of the table and they asked say the Reading manager who are 4th at the time he is going to take the chelsea offer. Sam Alladyce left a flying Bolton team for a languishing Newcastle {languashing because of Glenn Roeder} because Newcastle have more ambition and potential.

[/quote]

[/quote]

Ian Holloway was a success at Bristol Rovers, got QPR promoted and has done grand at Plymouth-how is that not the signs of an up and coming manager?

[/quote]

Rubbish.

[/quote]

And why are we the ugliest bloke on the dance floor? Bloody prudance thats why. It was there for the taking, the board had its last chance to show ambition. Why couldnt the board sell this club to Ince,Johnson,Jewell [although i doubt he would of came no matter what],Holloway....All at smaller clubs that are doing better. Ramos went to Spurs...Why? They sold the club with ambition. NCFC 2007 Is summed up in your reply Shack an i know where im point the blame.

[quote user="camuldonum"]

"Theres a place that Arto go''s to cry his troubles away and they call it lonesome town where the hopeless team play."

We got a new manager yesterday, too.  Not as high profile as yours but, hopefully, like Mr Roeder he can turn our season around.

We, too, are bottom of the league.  Bottom of the entire Football League staring into the enfolding arms of the Blue Square Conference with attractive away trips to Forest Green and Ebbsfleet and littered with former members of the league still struggling to get out of it.  I''ve tried to look on the bright side of this by thinking that we would be relegated into the "Premier League".

Your new man is a quiet, calm chap I believe.  Ours is not.  He once got turned over by the FA for rushing on to the pitch and grabbing an opposition player by the throat having witnessed what he believed was an unacceptable foul (Bristol City, since you ask).

We''ll see what they can do by the end of the season.  Of course you could be in Division One and we in the Conference.

But I think that what you are saying is that if that happens we will still be there for them. Correct?Disappointed but still our club?  I think so.

This is a wonderful board but you do seem to have some prolific posters who positively revel in the current difficulties of your club.  That''s really odd - we have a few like that, too, but most of ours actually support  Peterborough.  Mind you we don''t have blokes in leotards jumping up and down in what looks remarkably like the periphery of a multi storey car park either. 

[/quote]

Strange...have you changed from Colchester to Lincoln all of a sudden?

I smell a rat..........        [N]

[quote user="NEIL CLUCKCASTER"][quote user="camuldonum"]

[/quote]

Strange...have you changed from Colchester to Lincoln all of a sudden?

I smell a rat..........        [N]

[/quote]

True-he was a Colchester fan the other week. I smell something fish and its not D.......

OK Arthur, I''ll try and answer your three posts in one go [;)].

Right now I don''t think Gary Johnson would leave Bristol City for us, but I appreciate that this is just my opinion and not based on any facts. We''re bottom of the league and we''re skint. Yes we have crowds of 20,000+ and a great ''catchment area'' but is that really enough to convince a manager to leave a team at the top of the division for one at the bottom? I see your point about Big Sam leaving Bolton but he knew that he would have a shed load of cash to spend at Newcastle, Johnson would probably have no more to spend here than he does at Bristol City. He would be taking a massive risk and if he couldn''t turn things round and we were relegated it could ruin an otherwise promising managerial career.

I take your points about Ian Holloway but I''m still not convinced by him. It''s just a personal opinion but I would have been no more happier with him than I am with Glen Roeder.

I agree that we''re in this position because of too much prudence, but I don''t think Glenn Roeder was the cheap option. That would have been Duffy or Dion. If we concentrate more on football matters rather than off-field activities we might get to the stage when we can get a nice haircut and some decent clothes and start flirting with some better looking ladies a bit earlier in the evening. For that we need a change at the top, but it hasn''t happened yet so it''s unrealistic to expect anything other than a two minute knee trembler with Big Brenda round the back of the kebab shop[:$].

[quote user="Shack Attack"]

OK Arthur, I''ll try and answer your three posts in one go [;)].

Right now I don''t think Gary Johnson would leave Bristol City for us, but I appreciate that this is just my opinion and not based on any facts. We''re bottom of the league and we''re skint. Yes we have crowds of 20,000+ and a great ''catchment area'' but is that really enough to convince a manager to leave a team at the top of the division for one at the bottom? I see your point about Big Sam leaving Bolton but he knew that he would have a shed load of cash to spend at Newcastle, Johnson would probably have no more to spend here than he does at Bristol City. He would be taking a massive risk and if he couldn''t turn things round and we were relegated it could ruin an otherwise promising managerial career.

I take your points about Ian Holloway but I''m still not convinced by him. It''s just a personal opinion but I would have been no more happier with him than I am with Glen Roeder.

I agree that we''re in this position because of too much prudence, but I don''t think Glenn Roeder was the cheap option. That would have been Duffy or Dion. If we concentrate more on football matters rather than off-field activities we might get to the stage when we can get a nice haircut and some decent clothes and start flirting with some better looking ladies a bit earlier in the evening. For that we need a change at the top, but it hasn''t happened yet so it''s unrealistic to expect anything other than a two minute knee trembler with Big Brenda round the back of the kebab shop[:$].

[/quote]

Excellent, i love the way you put it! I think its just a case of opinions and what ifs and maybe''s....Now wheres Brenda!!

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"]

Excellent, i love the way you put it! I think its just a case of opinions and what ifs and maybe''s....Now wheres Brenda!!

[/quote]

Glad you liked it Arthur.

Last time I checked Big Brenda can be found in the night spots of any market town at around 1-2 o''clock flirting innapropriately with young boys with the express aim of ''teaching them a thing or two''[+o(]. Drive out to Dereham, Swaffham or King''s Lynn for the evening and you''re sure to bump into her, or at least one of her relatives.

[quote user="arrdee"]

If your manager leaves you after a brief spell ,just point your finger across the pitch to Heartbreak hotel , you made us fans lonely , you made us so lonely ,we are so lonely, we could cry.

That corner isn''t crowded, the desk clerk''s Alan Black , we have been so long from Carrow road we aren''t ever coming back ,you made us fans lonely ,you made us so lonely ,we are so lonely, we could cry .

Now will do you Nutty ?[;)] arrdee.

[/quote]

If you are the songman arrdee[8][Z] then maybe I could be the songmans apprentice[8][&]

Well, since I binned my ticket,
I found a new place to dwell.
Its down beside the barclay stand
At heartbreak hotel.

It makes me so lonely city,
I get so lonely,
But I will be city til I die.

The barclays always crowded,
You still can find some room.
Where broken hearted city fans
Do cry away their gloom.

I get so lonely,
But I will be city til I die.

Friend Arto''s tears keep flowin,
And the desk clerks Alan Black.
Well they been so long from Carrow Road,
They aint ever coming back.

You make me so lonely city,
I get so lonely,
But I will be city ''til I die.

Hey now, if you decide to boycott,
And you got a tale to tell.
Just take a walk beside the ground,
To heartbreak hotel..

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"][quote user="arrdee"]

Now Arto , you are such a sweet darling , but did you think we were about to appoint Wenger ? or Jose ? or Jol ? Arto we are a poor Championship side . We have too deal from the "bargain rail ", all we can do is smile , hope the board has made the right appointment and wish for the best .

If it all  turns out wrong ,well what ever happens I for one will have my beloved Norwich City to support for ever . If you want to support another team thats up to you .

Theres a place that Arto go''s to cry his troubles away and they call it lonesome town where the hopeless team play.

You can buy a team or two to last you all through the years and the only price you pay is a crate full of beer .

Arto''s going down to lonesome town where the broken hearts stay, going down to lonesome town to fritter his money away .

Thats a town of broken dreams the streets are filled with regret maybe down in lonesome town Arto can learn to forget .

arrdee [;)] [:D] .

[/quote]

Arrdee my friend you seem to miss my point. I agree we are a poor championship side and thats because of prudance and no ambition. Like i said to nutty this appointment smacks of prudance yet again so imo they havet learnt and are prepared to carry on gambling with such ways of thinking. Ince,Jewell,Johnson,Holloway....Ambitious gamble but surely if things dont work out they could say they tried, but instead they would rather the cheap option and sit on hands hoping for the best.

Now its my wifes Birthday today and we are taking the grandchildren out for a nature trail walk. This evening my son and his wonderful wife and two of our life long friends are taking me and the princess out for a meal in one of the best restaurants in this greastest City. It doesnt get much better than that Arrdee so my lots etty damn good and im certainly not complaining about my life!

Regards

[/quote]

Now Arto ,You lovely old boy , I wish your good wife the very best on her birthday and i hope she has a lovely day , and indeed a nice meal at the end of your day , But i know you won''t be having the best , all you will be eating is sub standed fare , because you will not be eating arrdee''s home produced meat .

I remember the Garnet Wolsey saying "the best sausages in the county " and changing that to "The best in the country " When the landlord left  he took my name with him , and those market boys are still trying to find me .

I am not sure if i want their custom because its quite a way to run , as we sell out each week , perhaps its not worth it .But i don''t like letting anyone down so maybe i will see what i can do [Y] arrdee.

[;)][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="arrdee"]

If your manager leaves you after a brief spell ,just point your finger across the pitch to Heartbreak hotel , you made us fans lonely , you made us so lonely ,we are so lonely, we could cry.

That corner isn''t crowded, the desk clerk''s Alan Black , we have been so long from Carrow road we aren''t ever coming back ,you made us fans lonely ,you made us so lonely ,we are so lonely, we could cry .

Now will do you Nutty ?[;)] arrdee.

[/quote]

If you are the songman arrdee[8][Z] then maybe I could be the songmans apprentice[8][&]

Well, since I binned my ticket,
I found a new place to dwell.
Its down beside the barclay stand
At heartbreak hotel.

I get so lonely,
But I will be city til I die.

The barclays always crowded,
You still can find some room.
Where broken hearted city fans
Do cry away their gloom.

I get so lonely,
But I will be city til I die.

Friend Arto''s tears keep flowin,
And the desk clerks Alan Black.
Well they been so long from Carrow Road,
They aint ever coming back.

You make me so lonely city,
I get so lonely,
But I will be city ''til I die.

Hey now, if you decide to boycott,
And you got a tale to tell.
Just take a walk beside the ground,
To heartbreak hotel..

[/quote]

I like it talented one , far better than mine , I always said you beat me at every thing , and you have proved that true once again . In my defence i did churn my effort out in about two mins before the mods went home  I am sure i can do better .But not as good as yours talented one . As always I am a long way behind you talented one . I feel like packing my bags and going home to South Africa at times Can you play the card game called "Snap"? I feel i might have a slight chance ,not a very  good chance i know but i hope to shout louder than you .

This is what i am reduced to Nutty , trying to shout quicker than you .Now are you any good at taking number plates ?I use to be ace sitting at the roundabout taking numbers , are you any good ? Yes.....I.....suppose....you.....are .....It..... go''s .....with .....saying [;)] arrdee.

[quote user="camuldonum"]

Where arto''s go to cry?

That would be us at Lincoln then?  You are not in the Co-op stand by any chance are you?

Congratulations on your new Manager and hopefully you won''t be crying at the end of the season.  I certainly hope not. 

We, too, are OFFICIALLY bottom of the league as I write and staring the Conference in the face and the possibility of away to Forest Green.  (Forest Green?  That can''t be a real place can it?).

We have a new Manager today as well: not high profile like yours but, like you, I''m hopeful he can turn our season around. 

You seem a nice sort of chap so let''s hope for the best for both of us shall we?  If the worst happens, of course, we will still be there and if I''m right about where you go to cry we could BOTH be at Forest Green next season!

To an Old Dunderhead Mr R seems a decent choice to me but you are two leagues above us so I am open to correction.  What we have in common, I think, is that neither of us want "our" team to be bottom if it can be avoided.

What I do find slightly puzzling is that this board contains so much vitriol from some very prolific posters who seem to enjoy your current difficulties and seem willing to hope that your new man fails at his task before he even begins it.  I am sure they are not representative of your supporters as  a whole but they do seem to dominate proceedings on here at times as least.

We have this on our board (s) as well but nearly always they are from Peterborough but we can''t match this stuff from "within" the club.

Let''s hope we can both turn it round.  If not, we''ll just have to put up with it or find another club which I can''t imagine either of us doing.

I actually put my own real life money into my club a few years ago to save us from going under.  I''ve never even had so much as a receipt but, hey, we are still going even if bottom of our league.

Cancel season tickets? Boo your own players?  Hope the opposition will win? I think not! No, we don''t have a wonderful board either.

A few years ago I watched my club play Fulham at Craven Cottage (Carling Cup) - they didn''t have most of their first team out of course (we did) and we went down gloriously 5-4

And now we, like you, are bottom of the League.  But I was so proud of my team that night I can''t even begin to explain it................ 

So if your new Manager fails and our new Manager fails I guess we will still be wherever it is?

Not a sheep. An Imp.

Yes i do hope for the best not only for my self but also for your self . We all know who i support , I do wish the Imps all the best .as i remember going to Sencil Bank in the late 50s on the train ,and loosing every time , always a hard team to beat .[Y] arrdee.

[/quote]

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"][quote user="Shack Attack"][quote user="Arthur Whittle"]

[/quote]

Rubbish.

[/quote]

And why are we the ugliest bloke on the dance floor? Bloody prudance thats why. It was there for the taking, the board had its last chance to show ambition. Why couldnt the board sell this club to Ince,Johnson,Jewell [although i doubt he would of came no matter what],Holloway....All at smaller clubs that are doing better. Ramos went to Spurs...Why? They sold the club with ambition. NCFC 2007 Is summed up in your reply Shack an i know where im point the blame.

[/quote]

Note to Archant subs: watch out for the literals.