Sign in to follow this  
Arthur Whittle

Delia and co how dear you?

Bottom of the league with a weak team lacking confidence........so the board appoint a man with a poor track record and sacked by all the clubs he has managed. Ive nohing against Roeder but this appointment sums up what the board are about...cheap options! I cant believe in the situation we are in they are still prepared to gamble the future of this club and hope for the best. This board supports itself not the club, none of them have any loyality towards Norwich and its shows by the constant sitting on there hads hoping for the best. I really hope Roeder can do this and change our fortunes but i for one will never forgive this board for taking such a gamble at such an important time.

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"]Bottom of the league with a weak team lacking confidence........so the board appoint a man with a poor track record and sacked by all the clubs he has managed. Ive nohing against Roeder but this appointment sums up what the board are about...cheap options! I cant believe in the situation we are in they are still prepared to gamble the future of this club and hope for the best. This board supports itself not the club, none of them have any loyality towards Norwich and its shows by the constant sitting on there hads hoping for the best. I really hope Roeder can do this and change our fortunes but i for one will never forgive this board for taking such a gamble at such an important time.[/quote]

Now Arthur.. you just said on another thread that it didn''t matter. If you are right you will surely get your wish and the board will be forced out. If you are wrong then keeping quiet now will reduce the helpings of humble pie you have to eat later. Keep your powder dry for another day [;)]

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"]Bottom of the league with a weak team lacking confidence........so the board appoint a man with a poor track record and sacked by all the clubs he has managed. Ive nohing against Roeder but this appointment sums up what the board are about...cheap options! I cant believe in the situation we are in they are still prepared to gamble the future of this club and hope for the best. This board supports itself not the club, none of them have any loyality towards Norwich and its shows by the constant sitting on there hads hoping for the best. I really hope Roeder can do this and change our fortunes but i for one will never forgive this board for taking such a gamble at such an important time.[/quote]How ''dear'' you??Maybe he was the only one who wanted the job.... interviews are a two way thing......I doubt he''s cheap, and I doubt the board would deliberately appoint anyone they didn''t consider to be the best option. He has great contacts withing the game so expewct a couple of interesting loans, possibly one this week I hear.Remember players were also consulted...... I suspect their opinion matters a little more than yoursGood luck Glen....

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"]Bottom of the league with a weak team lacking confidence........so the board appoint a man with a poor track record and sacked by all the clubs he has managed. Ive nohing against Roeder but this appointment sums up what the board are about...cheap options! I cant believe in the situation we are in they are still prepared to gamble the future of this club and hope for the best. This board supports itself not the club, none of them have any loyality towards Norwich and its shows by the constant sitting on there hads hoping for the best. I really hope Roeder can do this and change our fortunes but i for one will never forgive this board for taking such a gamble at such an important time.[/quote]

Now Arthur.. you just said on another thread that it didn''t matter. If you are right you will surely get your wish and the board will be forced out. If you are wrong then keeping quiet now will reduce the helpings of humble pie you have to eat later. Keep your powder dry for another day [;)]

[/quote]

I hope i am wrong NN But your avoiding my point. They have made a gamble at a time when we can ill afford to make one. Surely that speaks volumes in itself? Twist it what way you want mate. Its to late to worry whos in charge was the point im trying to make. These threads have nothing to do with Roeder and all to do with the Board. Come on nutty.

So which manager could they have appointed who wouldn''t have been a gamble in one way or another? Jewell who was a total failure at the only club he has managed who had no money i.e. Sheffield Wednesday, or a manager with no expeeince at this level or someone with no managerial experience whatsoever? Come on, who wouldn''t have been a gamble and why not.

[quote]They have made a gamble at a time when we can ill afford to make one. [/quote]      Tilson, Grayson, Pulis, Parkinson, Allen - all of the above would have been a bigger gamble.Bruce, Jewell - the only candidates that would have been less of a gamble.

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"]

I hope i am wrong NN But your avoiding my point. They have made a gamble at a time when we can ill afford to make one. Surely that speaks volumes in itself? Twist it what way you want mate. Its to late to worry whos in charge was the point im trying to make. These threads have nothing to do with Roeder and all to do with the Board. Come on nutty.

[/quote]

Arthur - any manager appointment at any club is a gamble. Your choice, whoever that was would have been a gamble. If I am wrong then tell me who wouldn''t have been a gamble.

It maybe that he was the best candidate they could get which in turn would make it less of a gamble than if they had employed the worst candidate!

[quote user="T07"][quote user="Arthur Whittle"]Bottom of the league with a weak team lacking confidence........so the board appoint a man with a poor track record and sacked by all the clubs he has managed. Ive nohing against Roeder but this appointment sums up what the board are about...cheap options! I cant believe in the situation we are in they are still prepared to gamble the future of this club and hope for the best. This board supports itself not the club, none of them have any loyality towards Norwich and its shows by the constant sitting on there hads hoping for the best. I really hope Roeder can do this and change our fortunes but i for one will never forgive this board for taking such a gamble at such an important time.[/quote]

How ''dear'' you??

Maybe he was the only one who wanted the job.... interviews are a two way thing......

I doubt he''s cheap, and I doubt the board would deliberately appoint anyone they didn''t consider to be the best option. He has great contacts withing the game so expewct a couple of interesting loans, possibly one this week I hear.

Remember players were also consulted...... I suspect their opinion matters a little more than yours

Good luck Glen....
[/quote]

So as you clearly support our board, if Glen was the only one who wanted the job why did MWJ say we had over 50 high profile candidites interested in the job? Spin spin spin and your sucked in! GR is a cheap option and a big gamble. He was out of work so no compo and hardly in demand. If interviews are a two way thing its up to the board to do all it can to sell the club. If Glen was all they could manage it doesnt say alot about the ambition of the board does it? We cannot afford to gamble and hope and thats exactly what our great board have done. I suspect players opinions do count more than mine but if they said Jewell or Tilson for example and they cost us good money do you honestly think they would spend it with our boards track record?

They''ve bottled it yet again....and here we see the sheep walking meekly into the pen to be fleeced once more. Maybe they are simply getting what they deserve....a limited club to suit their limited thinking.

Pathetic.

He wasn''t the only one who wanted the job, Jewell was ''READY to accept if the board had dipped into their pockets and produced £2 mill for new faces eg: loans etc, which they Refused to do!!

[quote user="T07"][quote user="Arthur Whittle"]Bottom of the league with a weak team lacking confidence........so the board appoint a man with a poor track record and sacked by all the clubs he has managed. Ive nohing against Roeder but this appointment sums up what the board are about...cheap options! I cant believe in the situation we are in they are still prepared to gamble the future of this club and hope for the best. This board supports itself not the club, none of them have any loyality towards Norwich and its shows by the constant sitting on there hads hoping for the best. I really hope Roeder can do this and change our fortunes but i for one will never forgive this board for taking such a gamble at such an important time.[/quote]

How ''dear'' you??

Maybe he was the only one who wanted the job.... interviews are a two way thing......

I doubt he''s cheap, and I doubt the board would deliberately appoint anyone they didn''t consider to be the best option. He has great contacts withing the game so expewct a couple of interesting loans, possibly one this week I hear.

Remember players were also consulted...... I suspect their opinion matters a little more than yours

Good luck Glen....
[/quote]

So as you clearly support our board, if Glen was the only one who wanted the job why did MWJ say we had over 50 high profile candidites interested in the job? Spin spin spin and your sucked in! GR is a cheap option and a big gamble. He was out of work so no compo and hardly in demand. If interviews are a two way thing its up to the board to do all it can to sell the club. If Glen was all they could manage it doesnt say alot about the ambition of the board does it? We cannot afford to gamble and hope and thats exactly what our great board have done. I suspect players opinions do count more than mine but if they said Jewell or Tilson for example and they cost us good money do you honestly think they would spend it with our boards track record?

[/quote]

Would dearly love to see a list of those 50 high profile candidates.

Mark .Y.

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Arthur Whittle"]

[/quote]

Arthur - any manager appointment at any club is a gamble. Your choice, whoever that was would have been a gamble. If I am wrong then tell me who wouldn''t have been a gamble.

It maybe that he was the best candidate they could get which in turn would make it less of a gamble than if they had employed the worst candidate!

[/quote]

I really give up NN. I cant believe you honestly dont think there are better options out there. I honestly think some people would find a positve  if they appointed bloody Peter Mendham from behind bars with Peter Grant as touch line communicator!!

[quote user="Steelsilver"]He wasn''t the only one who wanted the job, Jewell was ''READY to accept if the board had dipped into their pockets and produced £2 mill for new faces eg: loans etc, which they Refused to do!![/quote]

I am not exactly jumping for joy today, but do you actually have any evidence to back this claim up with that I have missed somewhere?

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Arthur Whittle"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I really give up NN. I cant believe you honestly dont think there are better options out there. I honestly think some people would find a positve  if they appointed bloody Peter Mendham from behind bars with Peter Grant as touch line communicator!!

[/quote]

Stop twisting what I said Arthur and answer my question as I always answer yours. Most of the other names being bandied about on here the last few days as being interested in the job would have been a gamble. Is it about Roeder or about the gamble.. make your mind up this thread is still not long enough to lose track.

We can only give him a chance and hope he works out. Theres little that can be done about the appointment now weather we like it or not.

His record doesn''t exactly inspire but all we can hope is this is the time he finally makes a good go of management. If he doesn''t, sack him and get someone else in. That all we can do now, the board made their choice. I just pray to god he does well.

Would''ve loved Allen or Jewell but always had the feeling the board wouldn''t go for these two.

And Cluck, please stop calling people sheep for having a differing opinion, some people do actually like Roeder so please respect that (as I do).

arther you have contradicted yourself you say that its a cheap option because he was out of work so no compo would be paid then you go make a remark about jewell being a more expensive option, remember hes out of work to, get the facts right before you make a comment, there was only rumours about his interest in the position, no one at norwich actually said hed been offered the job and that hed been interviewed, rmember he told the press he wasnt ready to return to football, and surely if he was hed go to a club that can spend a big budget that he likes, remeber he was sucessfull at wigan cos he had money to spend, was rubbish at th owls when he had no money to spend, im not defending the boards choice cos theres nothing we can do about it and protesting befores hes given the chance is just gonna make the fans look stupid, after all roeder said himself he intends to bring in loan signings and have a complete rebuild of his back room staff, hopefully that all the dreggs of the dreadfull grant era can be erased form memory and w can get back to what is important that is the beloved team we worship and hopefully we can get back to were we should be

Now Arto , you are such a sweet darling , but did you think we were about to appoint Wenger ? or Jose ? or Jol ? Arto we are a poor Championship side . We have too deal from the "bargain rail ", all we can do is smile , hope the board has made the right appointment and wish for the best .

If it all  turns out wrong ,well what ever happens I for one will have my beloved Norwich City to support for ever . If you want to support another team thats up to you .

Theres a place that Arto go''s to cry his troubles away and they call it lonesome town where the hopeless team play.

You can buy a team or two to last you all through the years and the only price you pay is a crate full of beer .

Arto''s going down to lonesome town where the broken hearts stay, going down to lonesome town to fritter his money away .

Thats a town of broken dreams the streets are filled with regret maybe down in lonesome town Arto can learn to forget .

arrdee [;)] [:D] .

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Arthur Whittle"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]I wouldn''t complain [;)]

[quote user="arrdee"]

Now Arto , you are such a sweet darling , but did you think we were about to appoint Wenger ? or Jose ? or Jol ? Arto we are a poor Championship side . We have too deal from the "bargain rail ", all we can do is smile , hope the board has made the right appointment and wish for the best .

If it all  turns out wrong ,well what ever happens I for one will have my beloved Norwich City to support for ever . If you want to support another team thats up to you .

Theres a place that Arto go''s to cry his troubles away and they call it lonesome town where the hopeless team play.

You can buy a team or two to last you all through the years and the only price you pay is a crate full of beer .

Arto''s going down to lonesome town where the broken hearts stay, going down to lonesome town to fritter his money away .

Thats a town of broken dreams the streets are filled with regret maybe down in lonesome town Arto can learn to forget .

[/quote]

That was just words.

[quote user="arrdee"]

[/quote]

I can Elvis singing it now Ray.

Not too excited about Roeder. Whoever they appointed would have a massive job on there hands.

Have to agree with you though and am just hoping for the best.

So as you clearly support our board, if Glen was the only one who wanted the job why did MWJ say we had over 50 high profile candidites interested in the job?

[/quote]I do, emphaticallyLets say there was only one applicant, what was the board to say, "we''ve only had one applicant"? Get realLets say there WERE 50. lets say from that list 10 were interviewed. Interviews being a two way street lets say three wanted the job. It would be arrogant to assume that those three were the best 3 from the 50 Arthur, chances are GR was the best option.Its not as easy as you think. I think the board have done well. OK he aint Wenger, but then we aint Arsenal mate.

[:D][quote user="arrdee"]

[/quote]Pure class arrdee absolutely pure class

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="arrdee"]

[/quote]

Not too excited about Roeder. Whoever they appointed would have a massive job on there hands.

[/quote]

I wonder of ''The King'' would follow it with Heartbreak Hotel [8][H]

All any of us can do is hope for the best.

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="arrdee"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Ricky Nelson , Ricardo , You lovely old boy , [Y] arrdee.

[quote user="Olive King"]You can''t even spell, how do you expect to be taken seriously???????????????????[/quote]

You use multiple question marks, how do you expect to be taken seriously?

if Glen was the only one who wanted the job why did MWJ say we had over 50 high profile candidites interested in the job?

40 of them were people who post on here Arthur.

Where arto''s go to cry?

That would be us at Lincoln then?  You are not in the Co-op stand by any chance are you?

Congratulations on your new Manager and hopefully you won''t be crying at the end of the season.  I certainly hope not. 

We, too, are OFFICIALLY bottom of the league as I write and staring the Conference in the face and the possibility of away to Forest Green.  (Forest Green?  That can''t be a real place can it?).

We have a new Manager today as well: not high profile like yours but, like you, I''m hopeful he can turn our season around. 

You seem a nice sort of chap so let''s hope for the best for both of us shall we?  If the worst happens, of course, we will still be there and if I''m right about where you go to cry we could BOTH be at Forest Green next season!

To an Old Dunderhead Mr R seems a decent choice to me but you are two leagues above us so I am open to correction.  What we have in common, I think, is that neither of us want "our" team to be bottom if it can be avoided.

What I do find slightly puzzling is that this board contains so much vitriol from some very prolific posters who seem to enjoy your current difficulties and seem willing to hope that your new man fails at his task before he even begins it.  I am sure they are not representative of your supporters as  a whole but they do seem to dominate proceedings on here at times as least.

We have this on our board (s) as well but nearly always they are from Peterborough but we can''t match this stuff from "within" the club.

Let''s hope we can both turn it round.  If not, we''ll just have to put up with it or find another club which I can''t imagine either of us doing.

I actually put my own real life money into my club a few years ago to save us from going under.  I''ve never even had so much as a receipt but, hey, we are still going even if bottom of our league.

Cancel season tickets? Boo your own players?  Hope the opposition will win? I think not! No, we don''t have a wonderful board either.

A few years ago I watched my club play Fulham at Craven Cottage (Carling Cup) - they didn''t have most of their first team out of course (we did) and we went down gloriously 5-4

And now we, like you, are bottom of the League.  But I was so proud of my team that night I can''t even begin to explain it................ 

So if your new Manager fails and our new Manager fails I guess we will still be wherever it is?

Not a sheep. An Imp.

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="ricardo"][quote user="arrdee"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I wonder of ''The King'' would follow it with Heartbreak Hotel [8][H]

All any of us can do is hope for the best.

[/quote]

If your manager leaves you after a brief spell ,just point your finger across the pitch to Heartbreak hotel , you made us fans lonely , you made us so lonely ,we are so lonely, we could cry.

That corner isn''t crowded, the desk clerk''s Alan Black , we have been so long from Carrow road we aren''t ever coming back ,you made us fans lonely ,you made us so lonely ,we are so lonely, we could cry .

Now will do you Nutty ?[;)] arrdee.