Sign in to follow this  
Canary Ben

Very Very Very Excited about this

I will choose the best team that will come out of that tunnel fired up

I will be tying to get a couple of loan signings in before sunday

I have plans already in place as to who my assiastant and 1st team coach will will

One of them is at another club

All sounds very aggresive and he will do what he needs to do to get his men in place! Looks like he has thurally thought it through as to who he is getting!! Exciting times lay ahead!

(sorry bout spelling, sticky key boad)

yeah have to admit when i read through that i was alot more optimistic than i was originally... quite alot of our squad are young, martin, eagle, spillane rossi... hopefully his work with youth players in the past will help turn these guys into some really fired up players on sunday and hit the scum so hard they will go back to portacabin road with their tails between their legs.

I agree, its a very positive opening statement i imagine some of our "established" pro''s may be gettin a bit worried. He should have good Premier contacts for loan signings which would be great if we could get a couple in before Jan (Craig Moore anyone??) He needs to get coaches in quick though he cant do it all on his own this week.  Hey compared to the prospect of Duffers being in Charge against the scummers it seems very positive!!  Maybe i wont need those 5 pints AM to be able to watch it after all!!!!

You must be joking! I fear for our future, he has no proven track record, no charisma so how is he going to motivate an already confidence sapped squad of "players"

It has taken the board all this time to get the "right man"??  The board have not listened and have not learned from their mistakes. OTBC  

[quote user="Boba Fett"]I agree, its a very positive opening statement i imagine some of our "established" pro''s may be gettin a bit worried. He should have good Premier contacts for loan signings which would be great if we could get a couple in before Jan (Craig Moore anyone??) He needs to get coaches in quick though he cant do it all on his own this week.  Hey compared to the prospect of Duffers being in Charge against the scummers it seems very positive!!  Maybe i wont need those 5 pints AM to be able to watch it after all!!!![/quote]

lets wait and see, don''t forget that people got excited by Gunn''s little black book of contacts as well, and look what came of that!  I guess Roeder has to prove himself to us, and if we end up with some Arsenal reserve players then fair enough, if he doesn''t though.........

[quote user="Balloo"]

You must be joking! I fear for our future, he has no proven track record, no charisma so how is he going to motivate an already confidence sapped squad of "players"

It has taken the board all this time to get the "right man"??  The board have not listened and have not learned from their mistakes. OTBC  

[/quote]

Mate seriously, I couldnt give a Flying monkeys if he has no carisma! Aslong as he gets the results! Why do you need carisma for that! And dont give me the ''to attract players line'' Grant was full of carisma and what did he attract? If the team is doin well, then that will atract players along with £ fans and the best stadium! Come on whot do you really want, results or carisma?

How anybody can get very very very excited about the most unexciting manager in football is beyond me. I think today we have all but sealed our relegation from the Championship.

Grant had charisma, did i miss something, i think you would be excited whoever was in charge as long as Queen Delia chose them  and said it was the best she could do for little ol'' Norridge.

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"]Im not excited-im depressed-still in shock that they done this to us.[/quote]

Why Arthur? Please explain yourself.

It seems very much like you have a persecution complex whereby "they" by whom I assume you mean the board do bad things to you. Perhaps you should shake youself out of this and realise that Doomy, Delia, MWJ, Hux et al are doing as much as they can for this football club. They may well have made a complete pig''s ear of it, mind, but they are trying.

Perhaps they are learning. One key learning point out of the Peter Grant debacle was not to offer the job as a step up to a relatively inexperienced manager in the hope of discovering the next Adie Boothroyd, Roy Keane etc. PG was a decent guy and a respected coach but fell plainly short as the main man. So after learning that a whole host of ex-players (Crook, Bowen), players (Dion), lower leaguers (Tilson, Ince), Championship rejects (Taylor, Allen, Pullis, Holloway) and assistants (Duffy, Parkinson) were off the list and rightly so.

So you are looking for an experienced manager with Prem experience where would you find one of those? No one currently in a job (Bruce) would consider turning in the chance of a pay-off, a prem salary and profile to pick up the team bottom of the Championship. Particularly as you know the previous incumbant lasted barely a year.

Oh yes, that does leave the great pipe dream of the unrealistic, Paul Jewell. A man who never expressed an interest and quite happily let it be known he was enjoying the break. He was never, ever going to give up on being linked with every second tier prem vacancy, move 200 miles across country and run the risk that his hard won reputation would be trashed by relegation and the sack.

All that leaves prem managers given the sack (Royle, Hoddle, Roeder, Reid etc). No one there to cause much excitement. Wolves went for McCarthy in a similar situation and I can''t imagine that choice would have thrilled the posters on this board either.

He has said some positive things, but like others have said all new managers do that, Grant was still talking a good game even when the writing was on the wall, and still would be if he was still around. Obviously it is all in the doing and not the talking, we will just have to be patient.

I shouldn''t get too excited about his contact book until it produces something. Although unlike Bryan Gunn''s it isn''t 10 years out of date. Let''s face it how many people in football today could count Alex Ferguson as "a contact" due to the fact that they were at the same club for a while, Hundreds. Peter Grant''s "contacts" at West Ham and with Alan Pardew got us nothing, and it was at a time when both clubs were having there biggest overhaul of playing staff for years.

All that said it does seem like he has a plan and has already taken steps by contacting coaches and identyfying players, which is about as much as you can do having been in the job a few hours.

Grant was assistant manager at West Ham for a year!!!! Roeder was Manager of Watford/West Ham and Newcastle and his best mates in football are Gazza and Alan Shearer so i think the comparisions are stupid! Roeder is far more respected and connected.  I think he will do well and any money says Lee Clark or Kevin Keen for Number2.

What a great post - the truth at last - lap it up whittle and co.

[quote user="BigFish"]

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"]Im not excited-im depressed-still in shock that they done this to us.[/quote]

It seems very much like you have a persecution complex whereby "they" by whom I assume you mean the board do bad things to you. Perhaps you should shake youself out of this and realise that Doomy, Delia, MWJ, Hux et al are doing as much as they can for this football club. They may well have made a complete pig''s ear of it, mind, but they are trying.

Perhaps they are learning. One key learning point out of the Peter Grant debacle was not to offer the job as a step up to a relatively inexperienced manager in the hope of discovering the next Adie Boothroyd, Roy Keane etc. PG was a decent guy and a respected coach but fell plainly short as the main man. So after learning that a whole host of ex-players (Crook, Bowen), players (Dion), lower leaguers (Tilson, Ince), Championship rejects (Taylor, Allen, Pullis, Holloway) and assistants (Duffy, Parkinson) were off the list and rightly so.

So you are looking for an experienced manager with Prem experience where would you find one of those? No one currently in a job (Bruce) would consider turning in the chance of a pay-off, a prem salary and profile to pick up the team bottom of the Championship. Particularly as you know the previous incumbant lasted barely a year.

Oh yes, that does leave the great pipe dream of the unrealistic, Paul Jewell. A man who never expressed an interest and quite happily let it be known he was enjoying the break. He was never, ever going to give up on being linked with every second tier prem vacancy, move 200 miles across country and run the risk that his hard won reputation would be trashed by relegation and the sack.

All that leaves prem managers given the sack (Royle, Hoddle, Roeder, Reid etc). No one there to cause much excitement. Wolves went for McCarthy in a similar situation and I can''t imagine that choice would have thrilled the posters on this board either.

[/quote]

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"]Im not excited-im depressed-still in shock that they done this to us.[/quote]hahaha

Roeder talks a good game and comes across alot better and alot more sensible than the likes of Grant. First impressions are good and the fact that he''s bringing in his own staff has to be a good thing. All of the problem will have gone, we have a new management team with fresh ideas, no old ideas that failed us. If Duffy was assistant he''d give Roeder his imput, his imput is the old way. Now, we have a fresh start, a fresh approach. He will pick His team and no-one elses!!

[quote user="lobster catcher"]Roeder was also twice the player grant was.Anyone who think he wasn''t the most qualified applicant are sadly deluded[/quote]  Rubbish. Hasn''t managed in the 2nd tier for 10 nearly 11 years and got his only team their relegated. Sorry mate, no experience and no qualificantions in this league.

Compared to just about everyone on the fans wanted list apart from Jewell, Coleman and Bruce    I believe Roeder is the best of the rest. Hareide was a good idea but lacked UK expeience. However, I think he could have done well. Some have been critical of Roeder''s record but just about every manager has been sacked in their time.

Grant had charisma???? Are you talking about Peter Grant? You do get excited easily don`t you? The board insisted that they would go for a manager with a proven track record, What track record has Roeder got? 1 good season at West Ham then got them relegated. He has not proven himself at this level either. I honestly hope he gets it right straight from the start on Sunday and prove me and the thousands of doubters wrong, but I`m not convinced.

[quote user="BigFish"]

[/quote]

WHAT??? Perhaps they are learning??? They''ve been in the bloody job for ten years! God almighty if you cant see its the fact they are still doing prudence and they haven''t learnt than I''m sorry but you really do deserve Delia and co in the 3 tier of football.

[quote user="JC"]

What a great post - the truth at last - lap it up whittle and co.

[quote user="BigFish"]

[/quote][/quote]

So JC explain exactly what part of this is truth? I think its his opinion but unfortunately people like you get sucked in and only believe what you want to hear. That''s why Delia and co find it so easy to hoodwink a lot of people at CR whilst slowly ruining a once proud club.

I''m with Arfur. The board showed a lack of ambition with this appointment. Forget Jewel even, they should''ve set their sights much higher - a certain Mr J Mourinho''s currently out a job. Why didn''t they push the boat out and try to get him?

And if Ipswich have got some arms dealer to invest in them, why can''t we get an even bigger investor. We''re a bigger club. Why not go for the bloke who owns Ikea, or the Sultan of Brunei, or Bill Gates. The board is useless and just doesn''t think big enough!!!

[quote user="Grando"]I''m with Arfur. The board showed a lack of ambition with this appointment. Forget Jewel even, they should''ve set their sights much higher - a certain Mr J Mourinho''s currently out a job. Why didn''t they push the boat out and try to get him? And if Ipswich have got some arms dealer to invest in them, why can''t we get an even bigger investor. We''re a bigger club. Why not go for the bloke who owns Ikea, or the Sultan of Brunei, or Bill Gates. The board is useless and just doesn''t think big enough!!![/quote]

Glad you can see the funny side to appointing a bloke who has been sacked at all the clubs he has been to and out of work for over a year. The fact we cant even get a bloke like Jewell who has had success at the mighty Wigan speaks volumes about how low this club has gone......Welcome to Carrow 2007 Glenn Roeder!

Jewell was bankrolled to oblivion in that job. It was like cheating on football manager for him in the first couple of seasons. The rest of his time there was just him jabbnig his finger in referees'' faces.

Also, if nobody had bad seasons, or got relegated, or "lost" the dressing room, or ran out of steam, then how would ANYBODY actually get sacked? All managers would have the same job for their entire careers!

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"]

[quote user="Grando"]I''m with Arfur. The board showed a lack of ambition with this appointment. Forget Jewel even, they should''ve set their sights much higher - a certain Mr J Mourinho''s currently out a job. Why didn''t they push the boat out and try to get him? And if Ipswich have got some arms dealer to invest in them, why can''t we get an even bigger investor. We''re a bigger club. Why not go for the bloke who owns Ikea, or the Sultan of Brunei, or Bill Gates. The board is useless and just doesn''t think big enough!!![/quote]

Glad you can see the funny side to appointing a bloke who has been sacked at all the clubs he has been to and out of work for over a year. The fact we cant even get a bloke like Jewell who has had success at the mighty Wigan speaks volumes about how low this club has gone......Welcome to Carrow 2007 Glenn Roeder!

[/quote]

Arthur, this is just backs up the point I was making. Please calm down and post something constructive, objective or relevant to what everyone else is posting on here. Look at my post and pick holes in it by all means and then come back and tell us what YOU would do and who YOU would get. I suspect if you look at the scenario clearly it wouldn''t be anyone better than Roeder.