Sign in to follow this  
Andy Larkin

My two penneth for what its worth…

Well said, apart from your understandable dig at the Iron, I agree with you completely (as a Hackney resident who drinks in a West Ham Pub I cannot be to critical of the Boleyn brigade)

Interesting to note who hasn''t replied to this post!

Good points, well made.

There is no doubt that Roeder is not the most inspired appointment but his record seems to be getting better at each club he has managed. At least we didn''t get Reid, Megson or Hoddle!

I also agree with the poster who said that we need to remember the reason why we are in this mess and for that the finger must remain firmly pointed at the Stowmarket 2.

Hi Andy,

Well said!! Thats one of THE BEST posts I''ve read on here in my short time of writing on the forum. You make alot of sense and Your Grandad seems to have been a great example to you. I like your realism, sensibility and positive attitude. A breath of FRESH air on this forum.

Well said sir, couldn''t agree more. Interesting that none of the usual whingers have managed to pull their heads out of their backsides to reply...

Well done Andy Larkin, more of the same please .

I will be there on sunday and the rest of the season to give my support to Glen Roeder and the team "through thick and thin". 

It is a good post, but in defence of the "protesters" are they not doing what Andy himself admitted to doing back in the days of the Chase protests? The actions at that time were out of genuine concern for the club, there are those now who feel just as strongly although in far fewer numbers. Many of us do not share their views and the way they rubbish others on this Board, but are they not entitled to have the same strong convictions that Andy had back in the 90s?

Other than that I agree with the sentiment. The Ipswich game is a good match to start with- a high profile event with a capacity crowd on TV and an ideal opportunity to kick start things again. Probably better than trying to get to know the players and get them motivated for a wet Tuesday in Scunthrorpe.......

[quote user="Tumbleweed"]

It is a good post, but in defence of the "protesters" are they not doing what Andy himself admitted to doing back in the days of the Chase protests? The actions at that time were out of genuine concern for the club, there are those now who feel just as strongly although in far fewer numbers. Many of us do not share their views and the way they rubbish others on this Board, but are they not entitled to have the same strong convictions that Andy had back in the 90s?

Other than that I agree with the sentiment. The Ipswich game is a good match to start with- a high profile event with a capacity crowd on TV and an ideal opportunity to kick start things again. Probably better than trying to get to know the players and get them motivated for a wet Tuesday in Scunthrorpe.......

[/quote]

Those were the days when people were properly proactive - the protesting was organised and the players got none, if any of the stick they get now from the stands. True, money has changed things a bit in that respect but Andy is right - even Fergie said people are too happy to boo players these days without really thinking about it, and let''s face it, he''s seen both sides of the coin in his time.

Couple that with the almost insane conspiracy theories on this board and it makes you wonder what happened to good ol'' fashioned love of football.

Great posts Andy - please keep posting!  You have encouraged a lot of people - who are most likely avid readers of this board, but who don''t go in for narrow-minded sniping - to get posting in support

Excellent post. It says all I want to, but never seem to find the time. What also what puts me off writing thoughtful positive posts is that you just know that some people will pull one line out of it and go off on one of their negative rants. You seem to have disproved that theory so far - no dissenters yet.

Maybe there are more genuine supporters around than I thought.

I am not a regular poster on this message board but andy larkin''s post and its sentiment has ''drawn me out of the woodwork'' to congatulate him on a the points he has made, they are well thought out and completely realistic...a breath of fresh air.

The thing is with all managerial appointments in football and to state the obvious you never know how its going to work out.  I admit that I was not completely ''blown away'' when Glen Rouder was unvailed as our new manager, however, with a quick look over the list ''other runners and riders'' I think he has got enough experience to guide us out of this bad situation.  But as he said at the press conference it will require determination and hard work (from the players) and our support from the stands.  Obviously he will also need to draught in some loan players a.s.a.p. to strengthen the team (I see he has already started this process with the signing of Mathew Taylor from Birmingham), he will need some good fortune with future induries (i.e. he needs our ''best players'' to get fit, remain fit and stay in form) oh and did I mention he will need some good fortune!!

I wish Glenn Rouder all the best with the task ahead.  I am also ''slightly old fashioned'' in that I think that while you are at Carrow Road you should get behind our team no matter how hard it is to watch sometimes.

So let''s get behind our new manager and the team on sunday OTBC

Great post, the best Ive read on here for a long time. I notice smudger etc havent replied to any of your very good points.

Good post mate.

I''m starting to feel more positive again, I was very positive at the start of the season with the signings we made even thou we did lose 3 key players, I was sad how it worked out with Grant, I did feel he was a good manager and that both us and the club had a bright future, not sure if he will get on in the future managing clubs, maybe he will go back to a coach, which by all accounts he was good at.

About Glen, I was not impressed with his appointment and felt the club let me and you all down, but as time went on and the talk he talked made me realise that we have a good appointment, we have to realise that we are no longer, infact never have been a big club and we do have to be realistic about our appointments. He talked about passion, playing proper football amongst other things, yes Grant said some good things too, but I feel that Glen has the nous to apply his talk to the walk, he has made some good moves to start with, like, getting in Tiny in and getting Clarke in, who, as I have said in another post will shake a few things up, if he coaches like he plays.

He may not have personality etc, but to be honest, if I wnated mr Charisma at our club, I would have asked for Mr Biggins or some other comedian, he is here to one thing, its football. He will be paid to do the right thing for our club and I believe he will.

I''m not saying, all is rosy in the garden, I don''t have yellow tinted specs and I''m not a sheep as it has been put to others persons on this board. I am like most supporters in the world, we are trying to be positive and I wnat the best for the club, I''m not going to get to into the Delia debate, but I''m more hopeful about us, the future and, well most things than I was 7 days ago, I now think that Glen will do ok, although results will tell.

Sorry about the drivel, just wanted to post my feeling about every thing, so come on the mighty Yellows, lets get the ball rolling with a cracking win against blue scum and work our way up the table, get into 6th place, win the play off final, get promoted, lose all our debts, build a bigger stand, watch scum lose all their money again and get relegated, get a Uefa cup place and win the cup final, etc etc. Ok most of that was too hopeful, but I can dream.