Sign in to follow this  
Wandsworth Canary

Its Roeder

What is it with West Ham do we always have to get their rejects! I hope I am wrong but I am convinced he will take us down, just like I was convinced when we signed Hucks we would go up.

This for me is a very sad day for me as clearly Glenn will not come cheap at all and if you gave me a list of  managers to pick from he is the first I would strike off. He has no charisma no drive however I hope I am wrong. However I was not wrong about Grant and his stupid decision to get no new central defenders which was his downfall.

I doubt he is the fans choice which means he will need to start winning matches very soon or they will turn on him and the Board. I know some will say give him a chance etc and I am sure we will but this time the Board  had better have got it right !

[quote user="Hardhouse44"]

[quote user="anothatracksuitmanager"]give the guy a chance already[/quote]

Why. Why cut another numpty slack. Who cut us slack in out jobs. He''s got no personality no spark no past achievements to speak of. Why give him a chance. What do we owe him. Nothing.

[/quote]

We owe him loads now [:D]

Hang on. At present we are safe but many a slip between cup and lip. I still believe that Roeder will leave this club poorer and is only here to enhance his reputation. He still eyes the premership as where he wants to be and not with us.He will find some excuse to desert at the end of the season leaving us with same old squad and no new signings. I will apologise at the end of next season if he is still here as he will be linked with every vacancy between now and then.Please give me as much abuse as you want, but it is only my opinion-unless any one out there agrees  

[quote user="sandboy"]Hang on. At present we are safe but many a slip between cup and lip. I still believe that Roeder will leave this club poorer and is only here to enhance his reputation. He still eyes the premership as where he wants to be and not with us.He will find some excuse to desert at the end of the season leaving us with same old squad and no new signings. I will apologise at the end of next season if he is still here as he will be linked with every vacancy between now and then.Please give me as much abuse as you want, but it is only my opinion-unless any one out there agrees  [/quote]

... what are you basing your opinion on?  So far he''s proved to be an excellent manager, and I also don''t think there is any evidence to suggest that he wants to return to the premiership without us is there?

[quote user="sandboy"]Hang on. At present we are safe but many a slip between cup and lip. I still believe that Roeder will leave this club poorer and is only here to enhance his reputation. He still eyes the premership as where he wants to be and not with us.He will find some excuse to desert at the end of the season leaving us with same old squad and no new signings. I will apologise at the end of next season if he is still here as he will be linked with every vacancy between now and then.Please give me as much abuse as you want, but it is only my opinion-unless any one out there agrees  [/quote]

Someone who refuses to admit they were wrong methinks. Give the man a break. If he leaves us for a Prem team then he''ll hardly be leaving us in a bad state will he? No Prem team will employ a manager who''s doing poorly in the Championship! [:@]

This is a strange post Sandboy!!  To be honest all players and managers want to apply there trade at the highest level but i''ve seen nothing to suggest that Roeder would dump us at the first opportunity.  If any clubs did come in for him it would only go to show what a good job he is doing with us which can''t be a bad thing.  Its only my opinion but i get the feeling that Roeder is enjoying his time at Norwich and not looking to leave for a bigger.

You''re talking about a guy who''s now in his 50s, who''s managed at the highest level, who''s ended up in hospital, and has experienced the big club chop. I think he''s probably enjoying being at Norwich, and being classed as a saviour, he''s also stated his love for bringing through youngsters... well he''s got a decent set up here to do that... and i think Norwich is actually a perfect club for him. There''s always potential for Prem footy too (although some will argue otherwise).

Lee Clark on the other hand... he''ll be gone quicker than the blink of an eye... but it''s nice having him around for now.

i think Roeder will do well for us... however if we must err on the side of caution look at his 2nd season record with his previous clubs.... if a disaster was to happen it would be next season...

but it wont.. trust me.

jas :)

[quote user="sandboy"]Hang on. At present we are safe but many a slip between cup and lip. I still believe that Roeder will leave this club poorer and is only here to enhance his reputation. He still eyes the premership as where he wants to be and not with us.He will find some excuse to desert at the end of the season leaving us with same old squad and no new signings. I will apologise at the end of next season if he is still here as he will be linked with every vacancy between now and then.Please give me as much abuse as you want, but it is only my opinion-unless any one out there agrees  [/quote]Well he''s doing a great job of enhancing his reputation :-P He''s worked miracles with a threadbare squad.I find it unlikely that he''d leave Norwich, especially given the cut-throat nature of the Premership relegation battles.

No. What I am saying is that Roeder may well achieve success at Norwich and may even lead us to the promised land,but he is not in it IMO for the long term and is using Norwich to re launch his Managerial Career and will leave Norwich safe but ready for the same free fall next year-Its just an opinion which this board allows me to express.

Thank God for it there is little else you can say these days without being told it is politically incorrect.I do not like the bloke never have and never will-don''t trust him. Wait and see his reaction when we start to lose! Another home Park 6 is just around the corner    

You are more than welcome to your opinion Sandboy, I dont agree with it whatsoever but you are entitled to it.

Must admit I was totally underwhelmed when Roeder was first announced, and am totally prepared to admit I was wrong now as he has had a great start.  I hope he''ll be here for more than just one season, however generally managers do come and go so who can really tell. 

[quote user="sandboy"]

No. What I am saying is that Roeder may well achieve success at Norwich and may even lead us to the promised land,but he is not in it IMO for the long term and is using Norwich to re launch his Managerial Career and will leave Norwich safe but ready for the same free fall next year-Its just an opinion which this board allows me to express.

Thank God for it there is little else you can say these days without being told it is politically incorrect.I do not like the bloke never have and never will-don''t trust him. Wait and see his reaction when we start to lose! Another home Park 6 is just around the corner    

[/quote]

Oh dear sandboy it sounds like Glenn Roeder is just one of the those characters you don''t like no matter what.  I feel very simlar about Steve Bruce even though he played for us, I just don''t like him!!  I think you do have a valid point that it will be interesting to see how GR reacts when results aren''t going our way which is going to happen sometime soon because you can''t keep a run like ours going forever.  Luckily for me I do like GR and I do like what he is doing at the club and I trust that he has found the right club for him and what he is building at the club will see a successful future which has not been seen for years

Hoots mon you saasenach, I have been found out. I saw Murray play twice-First time he was as bad as you get,second time worse.No I am just anti Roeder which keeps the message board interesting. I don''t like Steve Bruce either

Don''t worry sandboyRoeder and Bruce don''t like you either... neither does mowbray.

maybe hes Peter Grant?!