Sign in to follow this  
Wandsworth Canary

Its Roeder

[quote user="TwoSheds"]Oh feck, god help us! Three weeks spent searching for a manager and they come up with this numpty![/quote]

Not worth three weeks was it?

Got to give him a chance but...

We could have done a lot lot worse; clearly not everyone''s cup of tea but I just hope he is given a fair chance before he gets completely slated - what would the gain be in doing anything different?

Give him a chance. Radio Norfolk gave the example of when Mike Walker took us to 3rd in the Premiership and then went to Everton and couldn''t do anything there. Every club a manager joins is different for him. Hope I''m not proved wrong

i know we must give him a chance..but a very very sad day....... we got the manager that failed elsewhere.......they wont laugh will they?

[quote user="anothatracksuitmanager"]give the guy a chance already[/quote]

Why. Why cut another numpty slack. Who cut us slack in out jobs. He''s got no personality no spark no past achievements to speak of. Why give him a chance. What do we owe him. Nothing.

Sort of figures, really. Worthington mk.2; dour, efficient, boring. grim, charismatically challenged, steady ...

steadily down???????  I pray not

Cheap option yet again. Well done Cook, youve surpassed yourself. Pathetic. 3 weeks to turn up this guy? you may as well have stuck with Grant. Hopefully this will see a swift end brought to Smith and Cos involvment with Norwich City. Absolute, total crap.   

I''m trying to be optimistic about this but really struggling. Feel very let down again. I hope this apparent gamble works but not confident.

Nothing a derby win won''t clear up though. OTBC.

I like Glen Roeder i think he is an experienced manager with good knowledge of the game. What does worry me is he doesnt appear to be able to motivate people which is the one thing more than anything that we need right now.  Dont know what the options were in the end but he is definately someone the board would have liked ie conformist.

Finger crossed very tightly!  Anyone know who his assistant is??

G W L D Win %

Gillingham August 1, 1992 July 9, 1993 51 13 22 16 25.49

Watford August 1, 1993 February 20, 1996 139 44 55 40 31.65

West Ham United May 9, 2001 August 24, 2003 86 27 36 23 31.39

Newcastle United February 2, 2006 May 6, 2007 73 33 24 16 45.21

Okay so he''s not most of our first choices but lets give the guy a chance, a decent premier league win record, two seventh place finishes, good with youngsters, good contacts in the game. They are positiives to some of the negatives. Don''t get me wrong I know the flaws but here''s and it''s not like we''ve appointed robson or someone.

All we can do is get behind him and hope for the best.....................but I have to say im not impressed much

OTBC

[quote user="MK Canary"]If it goes t*ts up now - there''s no-one to blame but the board
[/quote]

...ok, fair enough but it works both ways - will you give them the credit if it works out?

For me, I''m 50:50 - not who I would have chosen but far from as bad as we could have had, surely.  We don''t know yet what he''ll do, we have to give him a chance to prove himself before we pass judgement.

I''m confused by this appointment.

He has only been partly sucessfull once. Finishing 7th in the Prem.

Alot of near relegation finishes in his managment career.

My mate is a Hammers Fan and he''s Laughing at the appointment.

And the time i spent up in Newcastle, thy didn''t rate him at all!!!!!!

It''s ...............Captain Charisma.

This is an awful choice in my book.  Based on what credentials has the job been given to him.  He just cuts such a forlorn, downtrodden, helpless figure.  Not exectly what''s needed. 

[quote user="anothatracksuitmanager"]G W L D Win %

Gillingham August 1, 1992 July 9, 1993 51 13 22 16 25.49

Watford August 1, 1993 February 20, 1996 139 44 55 40 31.65

West Ham United May 9, 2001 August 24, 2003 86 27 36 23 31.39

Newcastle United February 2, 2006 May 6, 2007 73 33 24 16 45.21

Okay so he''s not most of our first choices but lets give the guy a chance, a decent premier league win record, two seventh place finishes, good with youngsters, good contacts in the game. They are positiives to some of the negatives. Don''t get me wrong I know the flaws but here''s and it''s not like we''ve appointed robson or someone.[/quote]Decent?! Yeah I see he got Wet Sham relagted and then nearly took newcastle down too. Nice one roeder, you are a master tactician and a real character in the dressing room.

What cr*p He didnt nearly take Newcastle down - Souness did that, Roeder came in & pushed them up the table! - If you look at his most recent management job then he had a win ratio of 45% - give the bloke a chance - he''s got more credentials than Grant!!

Get your facts straight!

CRS

could have been better, could have been worse. Jewel was the only name that stood out above the rest but he was never going to come here anyway. So lets see what he can do i would never right someone off before they have had the chance to prove themselves.