Sign in to follow this  
First Wizard

Sack Roeder Now!

[quote user="1st Wizard"]

Why do I build my hopes up with this damn board of ours? they go and appoint a manager who has failed everywhere, and at every level, and he has the commanding presense of a stuffed newt!.

30.10. 07 The day City Offically Died!.[:@]

[/quote]Get  a life wiz,he ain''t my first choice but he''s got to be better than grant.Give the man a chance,if all you want to do is draw attention to your self,try walking through the town centre naked.

30.10.07 The day 1st wizard lost his last ounce of credibility

[quote user="Blainsey"]

[quote user="1st Wizard"]Just warming up and getting some practice in should the board mess up again!. Fear not though, by Christmas ''rat boy''s position here would become untenable!.[:@][/quote]

great post Wiz, i am in complete agreement and off to get practicing!!

in protest i will bin my parents'' delia cookbooks.

[/quote]

God , that should really p**s her(and your parents) off then! [*-)]

[quote user="1stcueboy147"]You really are beyond everything and anything....................a minute after the club tries to move forward and all you can do is carry on with eternal slagging. You totally p*** me and so many others off with your complete wayward stupidity...........................why don''t you just find another team then if you fel so disgruntled with life...............[/quote]

Baa Baa, go join your mates in the herd squire, its because I CAN SEE and I DO CARE which makes me angry. Jewell or Ratboy? hmm? what a hard choice.[:|]

[/quote]

jewell didn''t want the job get over it.

OK, he''s not everyones first choice. We all wanted Jewell and we were convinced he was coming here, but we are not a big draw for "name" Managers, and never have been frankly-look at what we did when we were in the Prem, hardly a draw then, even when Walker left, the applicants were such quality at the time, it was Deehan who got the job!

His plus points are that he is articulate, intelligent, experienced and highly thought of. And he has good contacts in the game. He is so well thought of that Arsenal were looking at the possibility of appointing him as Director of Football!

I think it is obvious that he was not the first choice-three weeks on and  the successful applicant was never in work, plus the fact that the implications from the Board were that the first choice was in work at the time. However-maybe we made candidate "x" an offer and he turned it down. We''ll never know.

Roeder is this Boards last throw of the dice. Hopefully they realise this. It is now crucial that he gets a good team in alongside him-those appointments are as important, if not, more so. We shall see. But lets get behind the poor bloke now, he needs this season just to keep us up, nevermind anything else. January is a crucial time for him-if we have any £££-as is the Summer. We could have got someone a lot  worse than Glenn Roeder.

[quote user="lobster catcher"]

[/quote]

As many, many posters on here are saying the same as I this morning, and on all messageboards too, I''ll stick with their credibilty and passion and ignore the timid sheep and apologists like you!.[:''(]

Jury''s out as far as I''m concerned - but he''s here now so we have to be fair to the bloke and judge him on results.

Calling him ''Ratboy'' is really contructive and grown-up though... I thought half-term was last week.

Put your money where your mouth is 1st Wiz. I dare you to turn up in a Town shirt on Sunday!

Good luck Mr Roeder, with ''supporters'' like Wizard, you''ll need it!

"Majority shareholders Delia Smith and Michael Wynn-Jones said: “Glenn''s experience in taking on clubs in difficult situations and improving their fortunes is clearly relevant to us."

does that mean we can get another manager once we are safe!

Expressing upset is fine, but calling the guy ratboy on day one is nothing short of childish.  You seriously need to grow up.

[quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="lobster catcher"]

[/quote]

As many, many posters on here are saying the same as I this morning, and on all messageboards too, I''ll stick with their credibilty and passion and ignore the timid sheep and apologists like you!.[:''(]

[/quote]

[quote user="Old Shuck"]

OK, he''s not everyones first choice. We all wanted Jewell and we were convinced he was coming here, but we are not a big draw for "name" Managers, and never have been frankly-look at what we did when we were in the Prem, hardly a draw then, even when Walker left, the applicants were such quality at the time, it was Deehan who got the job!

His plus points are that he is articulate, intelligent, experienced and highly thought of. And he has good contacts in the game. He is so well thought of that Arsenal were looking at the possibility of appointing him as Director of Football!

I think it is obvious that he was not the first choice-three weeks on and  the successful applicant was never in work, plus the fact that the implications from the Board were that the first choice was in work at the time. However-maybe we made candidate "x" an offer and he turned it down. We''ll never know.

Roeder is this Boards last throw of the dice. Hopefully they realise this. It is now crucial that he gets a good team in alongside him-those appointments are as important, if not, more so. We shall see. But lets get behind the poor bloke now, he needs this season just to keep us up, nevermind anything else. January is a crucial time for him-if we have any £££-as is the Summer. We could have got someone a lot  worse than Glenn Roeder.

[/quote]

Well said.

Lets face facts. I believe the board have probably hired the best available manager who wanted the job. If someone better (i.e. Jewell) wanted the job, they would have hired him, and I assume Roeder was not first choice.

But you have to deal with facts, and at the end of the day, it could have been a lot worse.

Lets just hope the board give him some money to spend, and hope we can get out of this mess.

[quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="lobster catcher"]

[/quote]

[/quote]I am a fan of norwich city ,it''s a shame you and your mates can''t be.I will support the team because they need me to.I never chosr the new manager but i will give him a chance,it''s a shame that a few over eager poster''s are making this forum almost unreadible.It was only 3 months ago that you came out in full supportof norwich.You need to check the direction of the wind before you post

I use the term Ratboy or Rodent Head, simply because thats what he''s known as by all the footy fans in England......................and because he looks like one!.[:D]

[quote user="Mark King"]

Put your money where your mouth is 1st Wiz. I dare you to turn up in a Town shirt on Sunday!

Good luck Mr Roeder, with ''supporters'' like Wizard, you''ll need it!

[/quote]

I only have City shirts Mark, sorry I can''t help you, but thanks for your interest!.[:D]

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

[quote user="1st Wizard"]Just warming up and getting some practice in should the board mess up again!. Fear not though, by Christmas ''rat boy''s position here would become untenable!.[:@][/quote]

I thought Duffy had it in the bag?

[/quote]

HaHaHa, From some email correspondance with Neil Doncaster he was in serious contention.  However I guess his managerial ability shined through these last 3 games!! [;)]

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

I thought Duffy had it in the bag?

[/quote]

HaHaHa, From some email correspondance with Neil Doncaster he was in serious contention.  However I guess his managerial ability shined through these last 3 games!! [;)]

[/quote]

I hope Wiz didn''t lose too much money though CJF.. it''s hard enough being a City Fan right now without getting into hock with the bookies. Some other posters got away with it because apparently bet365 stopped taking bets! There are some lucky guys around today!

[quote user="Old Shuck"]Wiz mate, can we all see a photo of you so we can give you an animal based nickname!!!![/quote]

What? and get my head kicked in................I don''t think so!. I do however, have a full white beard, just like my avatar ....................so you can take it from there............I have a broad back!.[:D]

I do however, have a full white beard, just like my avatar

[/quote]

I don''t suppose you will get to post much between now and the end of December then Wiz [G][*]

^

Sorry but had to bump this one up.

Looks like its taken until Xmas to chant for his sacking (admittedly an Xmas too late).

Wink [;)]

It is curently a very apt thread.....and a great insight into the future from a year and a half ago.

Tell me what happens next Wiz!!!

[quote user="Blainsey"]

It is curently a very apt thread.....and a great insight into the future from a year and a half ago.

Tell me what happens next Wiz!!!

[/quote]

I think we''ll ''do em'' good and proper tomorrow Blainsey..............but we''ll still get relegated![:(]

[quote user="1st Wizard"]I use the term Ratboy or Rodent Head, simply because thats what he''s known as by all the footy fans in England......................and because he looks like one!.[:D][/quote]Gosh.  You must feel so proud reading back through this age-old thread.