Sign in to follow this  
king of latvia

GLENN ROEDER GOOD LUCK

Good Luck Glenn - you are going to need it!

(and will you for the love of god grow-up wizzard, I am more fed up by your posts than by the appointment of Roeder).

[quote user="1st Wizard"]With any luck he''ll be sacked by Christmas....................when we''re relegated!.[:|][/quote]

[quote user="the1englishman"]

Not my first choice, but yes, good luck, your going to need it.

you may have to sell your wife to get any money to strengthen the squad.

[/quote]

Agree 100% - particularly the last line!

Good luck Glenn. At least we''re welcoming Glenn Roeder and not Glen Hoddle[:D]. As has been said, not my first choice but out of the realistic options I believe he is up there. At least we have a manager whose last job didn''t have the word ''assistant'' tagged onto the front of it. He brings experience which is something we desperately need at the moment.    

Not my first choice, but, Got to say all the very best to Glenn. You''ve got a big job and you NEED US behind you. If we really support this club we need to get behind him.

The crux will be who the new assistant manager and coach will be.

Come on City! 

Like many others he would not have been my first choice (or second or third for that matter).  Point is however he is what we have got and we have now no choice but to get behind him and the team and try and collectively dig ourselves out of the hole we are in.

When the dust settles I hope Archant will be asking some questions of the board though about who they interviewed, and why it took so long to make an appointment when this guy was out of work.  We lost the opportunity of 9 points in the meantime and that may haunt us come May.

Good luck Glenn, you are going to need it.

Very impressed with Glen in the press conference. Not one to moan about his players in public. I hope he makes all the moaners eat their words. Great to see he has Premiership experience and will be bringing in all new backroom staff. Looking forward to a win on Sunday which will be a great game for all, which the fans and players will be up for!! And it will be interesting to see who he brings in with his experience and his Prem contacts list. Good Luck!! And lets make sure we''re the 12th man so we can start with a great win against those from down the A140!

The losers been out of work for a year....................hello?............ and you sheep expect me to keep quiet about that?.............it ain''t happening!.

My club is far too important to let this drop!

He may be what we need CURRENTLY to steady the ship and steer us away from relegation, he wouldn''t have been considered as director of football at Arsenal if he was truly poor. Alot of high profile players have sung his praises (ala Paul Gasgoigne during his early years) and the word mentor is used alot with him. Maybe he will get the best out of Huckerby and co.

The yelling and shouting failed, maybe these guys need an arm around the shoulder to perform.

Not my ultimate choice for the post, but it could have been much worse, he did well at Newcastle regardless of general thought in what is a difficult job, he was learning the trade at Gillingham (thrown in too early possibly at the time), and for a season he was excellent at West Ham before it went pear shaped.

Like i say, i wouldnt have said he''d be my first choice, but under circumstance he ticks alot of boxes:-

- Experienced manager

- Calming influence

- Managed at highest level with relative success

- Has a big bumper of a contacts book (ideal for loans)

- Well respected within the game

Don''t expect a miracle people, but he will steady our sinking ship i feel, and pull us upwards and regardless of how we all feel, THAT''s now our short term priority. Safety.

[quote user="1st Wizard"]

The losers been out of work for a year....................hello?............ and you sheep expect me to keep quiet about that?.............it ain''t happening!.

[/quote]

Sorry Wiz, but he''s actually been out of work since May.

Don''t sell your house up North Roeder....

Well done on the 2.5 year contract...as you won''t see it out.

I''m slightly underwhelmed, but at least Glenn is prepared to take the job on when I''m sure plenty of others would have given it a wide berth, even if they had been asked.

So best of luck, and lets get moving forwards together.[:)]

[quote user="camuldonum"][quote user="king of latvia"]

GOOD LUCK GLENN

WE WILL BE RIGHT BEHIND YOU AND THE TEAM.

[/quote]

A good appointment for you I would think.  I believe he will get your team out of trouble.  Whatever his perceived failings he has more experience of higher level football than anyone in your current club.  I also suspect that if he needs to bring in new players his first glance will not be towards the Scottish leagues.

A man without charisma took you into the Premiership I believe.   Perhaps another man without charisma can get you off the bottom of the table?  It looks to me as if having someone pointing and shouting did not work so perhaps it is worth a try.

Good luck for the rest of the season except at Layer Road.

[/quote]

Thanks for your thoughts, camuldonum, it doesn''t do any harm to see a comment from an unbiased outsider to balance the usual hysteria on here.

You make a good point regarding Nigel Worthington. Certainly he and Glenn Roeder share common ground in the charisma department,but, as you say it mighty just work.

The previous manager certainly talked a good game but, sadly, couldn''t point us in the right direction ( pun intended )

[/quote]

Wiz.. you really wanted Newell.. how long has he been out of work for??

These managers have it good don''t they? Howabout getting the sack and not having to work for a year.. then get the sack again and have another year off.. nice work if you can get it!

[/quote]

You truely are boring

"I like a challenge," he said. "I like living on the edge at times and

sailing close to the wind. I don''t mind that at all.
It will be bumpy

and hairy at times but you''ve got to look at that as part of the fun.

We''ve got ourselves in a rotten position. I don''t want to talk about

why that''s happened. I don''t know why because I haven''t been here to

see why and I feel it''s better to wipe the slate clean and start afresh.
Crikey...at least he is hear with the right attitude.....at the moment he has my thumbs up!

[/quote]

And you''ve clocked up 4,600 posts from being a success story...?  We are in a fight, a desperate fight and we must give our all to the cause to help save the club we love. If you''re not with us you''re against us.

[/quote] He arrived at Newcastle after Souness left them in a mess and he turned it around.  There is no reason why he can''t do the same for us and he will have my support starting this Sunday.  Try and be positive and you might be pleasantly surprised.

[quote user="Mark King"]

I think if the moaners actually sat back and thought about this appointment, instead of racing to be the first to get the ''Roeder Out'' subject on to this board, they might actually see that this could be a very good appointment.

When PG was sacked, we all agreed we needed a manager with experience and respect.

We got both those things in Glen Roeder.

Good Luck and welcome to Norwich

[/quote]

Well said Mark. My non-Norwich supporting housemates all think it''s a good appointment and I''m going to sing my heart out on Sunday to show my support! The only prob is i''ll be in the Jarrold stand so will prob make little difference!

1st Wizard wrote

With any luck he''ll be sacked by Christmas....................when we''re relegated!.Indifferent [:|]

And there you were getting behind Peter Grant, when we do get a recognised manager (compared to Grant) you want him sacked and us relegated. Amazing simply amazing.

No doubt when the wind changes you will say....

Wiz you totally lack consistency NEXT

[/quote]

No he hasn''t. Barely 6 months, inc the summer, so hardly anything in football terms Wiz.

Well, he wasn''t my first choice either, but then were the board ever going to persuade Jewell to come here? Probably not. We don''t know much about how he''s going to fare, one or two things he said made me think he maybe okay. He''s got an assistant and coach in mind (a coach, what a novelty!!). He has contacts in the game at the highest level and has been a manager before (unlike Grant). He must be given more support from the board (I hope they realise that now and concentrate on football for the rest of the season).

Good luck Glen and I do hope you see out your contract and we are back in the Premiership by then!

[quote user="Dowp End"]Good luck indeed !
Yes he is going to need it together with our support. More importantly has he got board support with nothing coming out of the wallets but moths !
Lets face it whoever had been appointed would have a tough time unless the board are prepared to provide him with the funds to bring some talent in.
Many say he is a manager capable of inciting commitment and passion but we need players with talent first and foremost and for that he needs money to spend.
Had it been Jewell, Allen, Bruce, Crook or landlord of the Coach and Horses if funds are not released we will continue to float about in a vacuum.
Good luck I hope he has the ability to sort things out but this is not a one man show the money has to be spent on the legs to do the work and that is down to the board to get behind him.
If we get a result Sun he will no doubt have the fans support for a while. I will take up my seat opposite the scum and no doubt soak up the abuse with everyone else in attendance living in the hope that the purse strings have been opened.
If the man fails to bring us out of the mire between now and christmas it will be the boards fault because irrespective of the appointment he will need money to spend.
There is not a manager in any league that could hope in four days to restore our faith and bring us a result on Sun.
He is a brave man and does not have a magic wand to wave about !
[/quote]

With his height, Robert Cameron would make an excellent partner for Jamie C, he''s half scottish too !!!

GOOD LUCK Glenn !

Like many others, I was gutted it wasn''t PJ  -or indeed an up and coming manager with track record & charisma -and was generally underwhelmed........

but on reflection, this could be good

and it could have been a damn sight worse.

right behind you

Like others not my first choice but I''ll be getting right behind him and the players and praying that Glen and his two new members of staff can turn this round.

i think this might b just a blessing, he did ok at newcastle, go them back into europe after they were being wasted by souness, he did well finishing 7th at west ham, he bought in some good players at both those clubs, after it was him that got owen to newcastle aswell as tevez to west ham, yes he didnt have a goot time in his first managerial job but hes gotten slowly better and given the right sort of team and a team that likes to play attacking low ball football which he got newcastle and west ham playing then hell be good, and isnt that what we want  a manager that will get the team playing the way norwich should play, ie low ball clean passing attacking football, after all thats we are better at.i say give him a chance, and good luck and lets show him why were the best supporters in the country

I''d like to add my support for the new manager. Of course people will be disappointed if they thought Jewell was going to come, but that was never going to happen. Just like Pardew wasn''t going to come when we were looking for a new manager last year.

If the ground was full of the high pitched whining that gets spouted on this message board every single day then the team would sink without trace! We are a club who are in deep do-do and, like it or not, Roeder is our only ticket out of it. So show a little bit more courage, dig deep and get behind the team!!!!

Come on Roeder and come on Norwich City!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

...after it was him that got owen to newcastle aswell as tevez to west ham...

Pedants Corner: Souness brought Owen to Newcastle and Pardew was in charge of West Ham when Tevez arrived (Although who knows who really signed him). Sorry.