Sign in to follow this  
Unlucky Fried Kitten

The biggest decision any City board of directors has ever had to make?

The decision I allude to is of course who will be the next manager of our club. If the board get it wrong (again!) it could mean almost certain relegation to the 3rd tier of English football, a disaster which doesn''t bear thinking about. A disaster that could take 10 years or more to overcome. Get it right and we could be soaring again, leaving our friends down the road trailing in our wake by making the Premiership dream a reality.

Here''s hoping the board forget prudence for once, put on their thinking caps marked "ambition" and select a man on the basis of his capabilities, instead of just because he is cheap and currently unemployed.

I would say the biggest decision the board of directors has to make is whether they are prepared to speculate on the field of play as much as they do off it. Skipper has already flagged up ways of raising funds, but if the board do not go for the bold, ambitious option why should we not expect more of the same? We didn`t re-invest the Francis/Jonsson/Ashton/Green/Mckenzie millions and have just sold £5.5million of players and spent £2.2million on replacements. And despite the usual "any transfer money recieved is invested back in the squad" we seem to be pretty skint again and the board have flagged up more player sales.

This is the reality of the situation any new manger will walk into, therefore i don`t think any quality, ambitious manager will touch it with a bargepole.

[quote user="JaundicedJockGeorgy"]

The decision I allude to is of course who will be the next manager of our club. If the board get it wrong (again!) it could mean almost certain relegation to the 3rd tier of English football, a disaster which doesn''t bear thinking about. A disaster that could take 10 years or more to overcome. Get it right and we could be soaring again, leaving our friends down the road trailing in our wake by making the Premiership dream a reality.

Here''s hoping the board forget prudence for once, put on their thinking caps marked "ambition" and select a man on the basis of his capabilities, instead of just because he is cheap and currently unemployed.

[/quote]

They''ve got it wrong on every other occasion to date....and they weren''t panicked back then as there are now.....

Expect the worst and anyone other than Howard Wilkinson or Carlton Palmer will be a bonus......

[quote user="charlies dad"]Dont hold your breath - this board makes incompetence, failure and lack of ambition into an art form.  [/quote]

What a load of crap, do you honestly think thats all of board is..... We got in the Prem, we''ve seen players like Earnshaw, Ashton, Hucks etc. I''m a damn lot happier having this board in place than if we had Sam Hamman or Romanov!

[quote user="Tom NCFC"]

[quote user="charlies dad"]Dont hold your breath - this board makes incompetence, failure and lack of ambition into an art form.  [/quote]

What a load of crap, do you honestly think thats all of board is..... We got in the Prem, we''ve seen players like Earnshaw, Ashton, Hucks etc. I''m a damn lot happier having this board in place than if we had Sam Hamman or Romanov!

[/quote]

Although I would like to see the Turner''s gain a controlling stake in NCFC

[quote user="Tom NCFC"]

[/quote] What a bloody joke. Weve seen them alright, weve seen them GO. Now weve got Brown and Brellier and the gang. Youre happy with this? you arent worth replying to, i dont know why ive bothered. Oedipus complex.

[quote user="Tom NCFC"]

[/quote]

Ahhhhhhh...Sam Hamman. Wimbledon FA Cup Winners and a meteoric rise from obscurity to the Prem.

Ahhhhhhh...Romanov.  A tin pot Edinburgh side now competing with the best Jockland has to offer.

Ahhhhhhh....Smith. A Division Two title and a hammering in the Prem. followed by years of utter humiliation.

Aren''t we lucky?......          [N]

[quote user="Tom NCFC"]

[/quote] YES. I HONESTLY DO - YOU DONT LIKE IT? TOUGH.

[quote user="charlies dad"][quote user="Tom NCFC"]

[/quote] YES. I HONESTLY DO - YOU DONT LIKE IT? TOUGH.[/quote]

Don''t reply to it a 3rd time CD or you may burst something! [;)]

What''s with all the anger on here today???

[quote user="Tom NCFC"][quote user="Tom NCFC"]

[/quote]

Although I would like to see the Turner''s gain a controlling stake in NCFC

[/quote]

that contradcits everything u have said in the previous post. The turners controlling the club would be the end for the Smiths (and possibly Mumbles, doomcaster and Foulger)

jas :)

[quote user="Tom NCFC"]

[/quote]

Here is a ''supporter'' who has:

a) 1 season in 12 in the Premiership

b) Seeing some good players in yellow shirts

c) Having a Board of Directors consisting of anyone but Hamman & Romanov

as the extent of his ambition!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Presumably, he has no issue with the financial mess brought about by their incompetance, nor our battle to survive in the depths of the Chumpionship league.

REMARKABLE.............. but uterly typical of the vast numbers of mindless morons labelling themselves as ''supporters'' of our football club.

[quote user="Didnt Want To Be On The Web Team Anyway....Cluck "][quote user="Tom NCFC"]

[/quote]

Ahhhhhhh...Sam Hamman. Wimbledon FA Cup Winners and a meteoric rise from obscurity to the Prem.

Ahhhhhhh...Romanov.  A tin pot Edinburgh side now competing with the best Jockland has to offer.

Ahhhhhhh....Smith. A Division Two title and a hammering in the Prem. followed by years of utter humiliation.

Aren''t we lucky?......          [N]

[/quote]

hehehe classic Cluck...  [Y]

Is you new, new name causing a stir too??? [;)]