Sign in to follow this  
gsr600

know this is non football related,

know his isnt norwich relatd but it cheered me up no end and it is norfolk related as you may well know from reading the edp well this applies double to me,

most of my friends have come home safe, i of course talk about my regiment, welcome home lads, this is the only bit of really good news that archant have reported over the last 6 months,

Welcome home lads, B Company Royal Anglian"]know his isnt norwich relatd but it cheered me up no end and it is norfolk related as you may well know from reading the edp well this applies double to me,

most of my friends have come home safe, i of course talk about my regiment, welcome home lads, this is the only bit of really good news that archant have reported over the last 6 months,

I''m only too proud to contribute to this thread.

Desperately sad to have lost those who didn''t make it back and recognise those who got injured in the course of their duty. It puts what is happening to a commercially operated football club totally into perspective.

PLUS... these guys truly represent an area we all hold so dear........

Yes. welcome home lads, ex-forces myself so I know what it is like to get back after a while away........... and for the married ones I have no doubt the second thing they will do is put their bag down.

Mark .Y.

yes deeply sad, i lost a very good friend out there, i feel sad that i didnt join them due to posting as pti  for training new recruits, many a great loss, but a very excellent job done, if only our footballers showed as much heart, it is indeed a great yet sad time for the regiment as they cheer those that return home safe yet mourn those that didnt

thanks mfor the welcome home but the oil joke is very offensive to

myself, i have know these lads and thy did a extremely difficult job in

extreme cricumstances and they did it very well, its not about the oil

when your friends donate shooes and boots to afgahn kids and adults so

they hav comfort to walk in, or they stock out a villages doctors with

first aid equipmnt, or your friend loses his life defending those that

cant defend thmselves,

Well said and welcome back to all those fortunate ones who made it back unharmed and a special welcome back to those who suffered injuries and losses of comrades.  I can''t believe that some idiot made such a trite comment.  Obviously has never had family or friends operating in life threatening and difficult situations, whilst defending and protecting innocent people.  Just goes to show what a vacuum some of these idiots on this board live in!  If you hadn''t realised DDD, Bill Shankly was wrong with his quote about football being more important than life or death. 

I''m on the fence when it comes to the debate about whether we should have gone to war but one thing is for certain.....

Our troops did us proud!

Devonshire Dirtbox -- welcome home and thanks for the oil.

[:@] A statement like that would be more appropriately aimed at Bush and the American government, not a British soldier, or American soldier for that matter, doing their duty.

Thank Iwan for folks like the Vikings.  Good to have you back, and sympathies for all those who got screwed over by our ever-wise Government.

[quote user="Shyster"]

[:@] A statement like that would be more appropriately aimed at Bush and the American government, not a British soldier, or American soldier for that matter, doing their duty.

[/quote]

totally agree, and I am a muslim. I don''t agree with why we are there but a soldier just follows orders, whatever side he is on. Welcome home, I don;t suppose any of them could afford to buy a football club?!

[quote user="Salahuddin"][quote user="Shyster"]

[/quote]

totally agree, and I am a muslim. I don''t agree with why we are there but a soldier just follows orders, whatever side he is on. Welcome home, I don;t suppose any of them could afford to buy a football club?!

[/quote]

Absolutely spot on salahuddin.  I''m not a muslim but I agree with everything you said (especially the last bit! [:)] 

Welcome back lads and lasses.  I was going to ask the club to give you free tickets to Carrow Road, but I think you''ve suffered enough . . . [;)]

[quote user="Shyster"]

[/quote]Each and every one of us on this planet are responsible for our own actions you cannot pass the blame for the wrongs you may have commited by saying that it''s ok i was only doing what the government told me! To willingly take anothers life is murder no matter what the circumstances, i have nothing but contempt for our armed forces.

[8] Imagine all the people living life in peace...[8]

You''re an idealist - unfortunately we live in world that has, and never will be ideal.

Do you also have contempt for your forefathers who fought for your freedom?

[quote user="Shyster"]

You''re an idealist - unfortunately we live in world that has, and never will be ideal.

[/quote]Whilst we''re blowing the crap out of a load of muslims in an illegal war then no the world won''t be ideal. I have nothing but respect for the brave people who fought against facism in the 2nd world war to keep us free and to stop the greatest mass murder in history, that''s a good reason to go to war the americans liking the look of the iraqi oil wells is not.

[quote user="Say Hello To The Angels"][quote user="Shyster"]

[/quote]

Each and every one of us on this planet are responsible for our own actions you cannot pass the blame for the wrongs you may have commited by saying that it''s ok i was only doing what the government told me! To willingly take anothers life is murder no matter what the circumstances, i have nothing but contempt for our armed forces.
[/quote]

Go boil your head you gutless little pacifist.....

It''s a good job ten of thousands of brave soldiers now laying in their graves having fought wars to save your sorry arse didn''t think like you......

Go plant a tree...if you''re man enough for that......

[quote user="Say Hello To The Angels"][quote user="Shyster"]

[/quote]

Whilst we''re blowing the crap out of a load of muslims in an illegal war then no the world won''t be ideal.

I have nothing but respect for the brave people who fought against facism in the 2nd world war to keep us free and to stop the greatest mass murder in history, that''s a good reason to go to war the americans liking the look of the iraqi oil wells is not.
[/quote]

Yes, but when the forces aren''t there they do a pretty good job of blowing the crap out of each other anyway.

I repeat - while there''s crazy ideologies disguised as religions there will never be an ideal world.

i find this offensive, many of our brave soldiers agreed with you that this is a pointless war, as a royal anglian myself i agre it was pointless but me and my fellow squaddies joined up to serve our country, now ure probably gonna put spin on this but hey i dont care i know what i see and what ive done, ive seen my friends suffer injury from enemy fire pulling pulling these countries own people from burning nbuildings that there suicide bombers have done, they dont care whether its a squaddie or a innocent person they hit, i can tll you when you lose a friend who gets killed defending a family from there own countries people then you try and say that murders murders when we fire back, its is as it has been now military policy for all squadies to engage enemy with as few a losses of enemy life as possible, why do u think our field hospitals hav more enemy casualaltyis suffering minor injuries then there is enmey fatalaties,we go to war cos our country says so, we sign our lives away to the service of this country and we do our duty with the upmost honour and diligance and we do it wellmy friends didnt want to go to war they did because it is our duty to do as our chain of command says, as it has been since days before 2nd world war, we just cantg pick and choose what we want to do, if you want to blame someone for the way things are today blame politics,

[quote user="Mr_Chimp"]Thank Iwan for folks like the Vikings.  Good to have you back, and sympathies for all those who got screwed over by our ever-wise Government.
[/quote]

This post has to be a good reason why the Web team should never, ever accept a non football related topic no matter how innocent or deserving it may seem..