Sign in to follow this  
First Wizard

Why A Bristol Victory Would Be A City Victory!

For common sense in dumping the relegation kid Duffy..

With Burnley, West Brom, Ippo and Watford the next in line, that little lot alone should see off Duffo, if not, it''d be safer having a kip on the Titanic!.

Come on  Bristol...............for all the right reasons of course!.[:D]

For once, and probably the first and last time I''ll ever say this - I''d have to agree that Norwich winning against Bristol City could well cause more damage than good. If Duffy gets the job then that''s it - Norwich City FC is finished as a competitive club for the forseable future

I agree.  But in despite of what happens against Bristol.  Would the board actually dare appoint Duffy as manager.

Surely even they can see (& hear) that there would be total uproar if this happened. I have nothing against Duffy  I just dont think he would be the right man.  Better to have a wholesale clear out now and get rid of everyone involved in coaching the senior squad.

I would rather have Didnt Want To Be On The Web Team Anyway Cluck in charge.  Or me (My football manager 2007 record is amazing)...

I agree!  But, if we were to win, don''t forget ''one swallow doesn''t make a summer'' and I still maintain that whatever you think of the board, they are not stupid enough to appoint someone who they know will alienate the supporters to a point where the damage will be beyond repair.  The Turners are not in this for a five minute wonder.  They were not around and therefore not associated with the appointment of Grant and I would be very surprised if they would be willing to be associated with such a stupid error of appointing Duffer.  I am sure the board are fully aware that they have made their last mistake and will not have any intention of giving the job to Duffy.  When the new man is installed I hope and expect Duffy to be shown the door.  

[quote user="jimmy500"]

I agree.  But in despite of what happens against Bristol.  Would the board actually dare appoint Duffy as manager.

Surely even they can see (& hear) that there would be total uproar if this happened. I have nothing against Duffy  I just dont think he would be the right man.  Better to have a wholesale clear out now and get rid of everyone involved in coaching the senior squad.

I would rather have Didnt Want To Be On The Web Team Anyway Cluck in charge.  Or me (My football manager 2007 record is amazing)...

[/quote]

Its only my opinion but I believe that Duffy will be the next manager. Look at the comments this week from Gunn and now Doncaster. In particular Doncaster ''he has two games'' what does that mean two games to do what. I believe that the PR b******* machine is working in overdrive with  the drip drip of information coming out and it is all geared up to getting us , the fans, used to Duffy being the manager. As I have stated previously Duffy meets the NCFC business plan for football related activities he is cheap and cheerful. Now if NCFC could hire Duffy out as an office space that  would be different which takes me to my next point . Maybe there is method in their business methods regarding Hartson. Maybe the club intends hiring out his NCFC top as a marquee for Christmas events. So in effect he will become a self financing project.  

I''ve just set up a poll (my first) on Duffy wiz. Lets just see how many (if any) on this board want him.

So get over there folks and cast you vote ! Just a simple yes or no.

[quote user="1st Wizard"]

With Burnley, West Brom, Ippo and Watford the next in line, that little lot alone should see off Duffo, if not, it''d be safer having a kip on the Titanic!.

[/quote]

And you will ,of course, be at Carrow Road on Saturday wearing red & white ,cheering on the Boys from Bristol ?[:$]

What if City start playing out of their skins for Duffy, and win the next 2 or 3 games?  Would we still want rid of him then, even though he would be achieving what we all want anyway i.e wins?

[quote user="Master Of Puppets"]What if City start playing out of their skins for Duffy, and win the next 2 or 3 games?  Would we still want rid of him then, even though he would be achieving what we all want anyway i.e wins?[/quote]

It won''t happen...............simply as that really!.

[quote user="Master Of Puppets"]What if City start playing out of their skins for Duffy, and win the next 2 or 3 games?  Would we still want rid of him then, even though he would be achieving what we all want anyway i.e wins?[/quote]

[/quote]

Based on what exactly?  I haven''t a clue what Duffy is like as a manager.  Like I didn''t have a clue what Mike Walker was like when he took over, or even Nigel Worthington for that matter.  None of us actually know what or who a good manager is, as we have never played proffesional football for a manager.  Lets be honest, the whole of the UK says Martin O''Neill is "a good manager", but he hasn''t set the world alight yet at Villa.  Does that make him a bad manager all of a sudden?  The important people are the players and how they perform on the pitch, and how that set of players personalities interact with that of the manager. If all these planets align, you have a successful team.

[quote user="Master Of Puppets"][quote user="1st Wizard"]

[/quote]

Based on what exactly?  I haven''t a clue what Duffy is like as a manager.  Like I didn''t have a clue what Mike Walker was like when he took over, or even Nigel Worthington for that matter.  None of us actually know what or who a good manager is, as we have never played proffesional football for a manager.  Lets be honest, the whole of the UK says Martin O''Neill is "a good manager", but he hasn''t set the world alight yet at Villa.  Does that make him a bad manager all of a sudden?  The important people are the players and how they perform on the pitch, and how that set of players personalities interact with that of the manager. If all these planets align, you have a successful team.

[/quote]

If you want a manager who has relegated his last 3 clubs, then Duffo is your man!.

Being given "two games" actually coverts to a "two year rolling contract" in Dongcaster-speak.....

Also...remember the fateful "honeymoon period" aspect.  Two wins would save his arse....but wouldn''t mean a thing regarding the bigger picture.

He is relegation fodder.....and probably cheap and cheerful because of that very fact.

[quote user="Rethinking the future"]Like many, I do not want to see Duffy as the next manger, BUT, we need to get points on the board and we can not afford to lose any more points, especially points at home.[/quote]

Completely agree with this posts. If duffy can get sme points good for him, i still dont want him as manager but we are currently in the relegation zone with no goals in 9 hours!

By the way, your signature is pathetic.  What way is that to refer to people who put millions of their own money into our club?  Have some respect.

[quote user="Master Of Puppets"]By the way, your signature is pathetic.  What way is that to refer to people who put millions of their own money into our club?  Have some respect.[/quote]

When they show some respect for our views and stop their spinning, then maybe, just maybe, I might consider changing my signature..........until then, I find your apologist support for Smith and Jones, err, well , pathetic too!.

[quote user="Master Of Puppets"]By the way, your signature is pathetic.  What way is that to refer to people who put millions of their own money into our club?  Have some respect.[/quote]Absolute Crap! They are full of Spin and more Spin and have built an absolute Crap football team and Crippling debts! What have they done for us F All!

Being a Bristol resident where nearly all my mates down here are "S*** Heads" (work that one out lol) there is no way I want to return back here after the weekend having lost this game. Especially as it will leave me out of pocket with bets taken under the influence to the tune of £20.Aside from that there is no such thing as a supporter who wishes a loss on their team, especially when their team is where our is, just above the relegation zone! No supporter at all (I say that knowing full well Wiz my be playing games with us again btw) Get behind your team and sing your hearts out. If you don''t you are a bigger disgrace to NCFC than any board, manager or player could ever be and that includes Andy Marshal! :op

There is one issue that has become lost in the mire:

we still have no first team coach

and now Duffy has caretaker for two games

there is also no assistant manager either

so we are just becoming increaingly worse

Littbarski (?) and Crook anyone?

right there seems to be a myth about jim duffy being a crap manager, lookin at some info on him, some seem to hav facts fairly right but also ahave the wrong impression, hes been manager of falkirk, dundee twice and hibs, with whom yes they got relegated but they also bounced straight back up under duffy, he never got falkirk relegated and yes dundee were relegated under him (once) but that was mainly due to there financial status, try doing some research and see what you come up with before rubbishing him as hes better then most of you think and certainly better then a lot of the others being linked (hoddle, ried, allen etc), at least hs managed top flight before and he knows the players, im not saying hed be best candidate for management as ive not ben to a game yet but hey not my fault, unfortunately my duty comes first, but if he wins games and does well then surely he has to be considered as isnt that what we all want, results for norwich, and many a sucessfull assistant manager has takn over and done well at various clubs,

[quote user="Master Of Puppets"]By the way, your signature is pathetic.  What way is that to refer to people who put millions of their own money into our club?  Have some respect.[/quote]

yup, rude & nasty 

wiz nails his colours to the mast only to have them flap about all over the place

and indicate what he''s about 

[quote user="PJ Bimbo"]Being a Bristol resident where nearly all my mates down here are "S*** Heads" (work that one out lol) there is no way I want to return back here after the weekend having lost this game. Especially as it will leave me out of pocket with bets taken under the influence to the tune of £20.

Aside from that there is no such thing as a supporter who wishes a loss on their team, especially when their team is where our is, just above the relegation zone! No supporter at all (I say that knowing full well Wiz my be playing games with us again btw) Get behind your team and sing your hearts out. If you don''t you are a bigger disgrace to NCFC than any board, manager or player could ever be and that includes Andy Marshal! :op
[/quote]

Are you sure?

Last time I looked we were in the relegation zone.

The only people that are a disgrace to the name of Norwich are people like you (who are prepared to sit back and let a cheap cook/crook destroy our club).

You know absolutely nothing...  C''mon Bristol City don''t let the wicked witch off the hook!!!

[/quote]

You may know better, of course, but I cannot under any circumstances  imagine any fan, whether of Norwich, Accrington Stanley, Halstead Town or Wroxham Reserves wishing a victory to another team.

Can anyone explain this?  I cannot imagine any players doing that either.

I once played away to Lowestoft Town in a prelim FA Cup round which ended 0-0 (Lowestoft won the replay 2-1) and at the end of a terrific game we keepers (both of whom had contributed to it being 0-0) met somewhere near the centre circle and gave each other a hug as you did, being the daftest position on the field.

Lowestoft''s keeper, a terrific guy who should have been in a League team somewhere (70''s, anyone remember his name, had a moustache?) said: "What a f*****g great game pal."

He was right.  It was a f*****g great game possibly because no one suggested, in those days, that it would be better if one of the teams lost.  Things have obviously changed.

[quote user="Smudger"]

[quote user="PJ Bimbo"]Being a Bristol resident where nearly all my mates down here are "S*** Heads" (work that one out lol) there is no way I want to return back here after the weekend having lost this game. Especially as it will leave me out of pocket with bets taken under the influence to the tune of £20.

Aside from that there is no such thing as a supporter who wishes a loss on their team, especially when their team is where our is, just above the relegation zone! No supporter at all (I say that knowing full well Wiz my be playing games with us again btw) Get behind your team and sing your hearts out. If you don''t you are a bigger disgrace to NCFC than any board, manager or player could ever be and that includes Andy Marshal! :op
[/quote]

Are you sure?

Last time I looked we were in the relegation zone.

The only people that are a disgrace to the name of Norwich are people like you (who are prepared to sit back and let a cheap cook/crook destroy our club).

You know absolutely nothing...  C''mon Bristol City don''t let the wicked witch off the hook!!!

[/quote]

Yes we are in the relegation zone, so what would be the best thing to happen.  Norwich lose again and again, in the vein hope that a multi billionaire will take pity on our plight and come in, buy Delia out, get Jose Mourinho in as manger and buy top class premier league standard players?  No.  I believe the best thing that can happen is that we attempt to start playing football again and start winning games and climbing the league. People need to start getting real.  On one hand, yes it could result in wholesale changes at the club, and get a new, rich, ambitious owner to take over blah blah blah (dream on) on the other, it could be the end of the club. Why have so many people (well the usual suspects anyway) got a personal vendetta against Delia.  Wicked witch, Cheap Cook/Crook etc.  I think it''s a bit childish.  Does she smell as well, per chance?

Open your eyes and engage your brains, if, we win against Bristol and some how manage to draw at Burnley.......then McDuffo will be appointed, period!.

This would then lead to 12 more months of Peter Grant type results.

Ergo: thats why beating Bristol would be a long term City defeat.

Its not my fault I see a wider picture than you is it?.[:P]

I understand your point Wiz, I really do.

BUT I cant attend a norwich match and sit there hoping we dont score and win. Even if I wanted to, my natural instinct wouldn''t allow it.

At this moment in time, I couldnt give a **** who is our next manager as long as he gets:

A - The team playing flowing, passing football.

B - Gets the team to have shots in games, too many times in the last 2 years we get to 70/80 mins without even having a shot (home games included)

C - Has the ability to show tactful awareness when it comes to away games and actually winning some.