Sign in to follow this  
Huddy

SCRAP THE NATIONAL TEAM

Whats the point in us having a national football team??

There isnt one. Unfortunately, our so called stars are a bunch of overpaid, pri madonnas, of which the majority couldnt give a ****.  Russia, Croatia and all but the odd country in europe are of a lower standard than an average premiership side. I doubt many of the Russians would get in tottenhams team. But thats besides the point.

The England players have no pride in representing their country, they dont battle to the end like Scotland, or Russia. (Good clearance Mr Lescott- well watched as pavulac...wateva beat you to the ball). England have on paper, on club form a side capable of beating anyone in the world, but when they plain for their country it makes me laugh. Our defence looked like 4 prats picked off my local park.

We were 2nd to every ball, aaarrrghhhh, is a synthetic pitch, on a cold night in moscow to munch for poor old rio to handle.  Bless my cotton socks, quick, get him some more gloves. Actually dont worry, i''m sure he''ll feel warmer when he pockets another 100k at the end of the week. Perhaps, we should play our next game against croatia up at Hartlepool on that mid winters night.

National Team should be scrapped, or we should play  a Championship X1, the best of the championship would certainly have pride, they arent on such ridiculous money and mor used to not buying a new car every week, or living in £10 million mansions. That side should still be good enough to beat macedconia, estonia, andorra and israel!, and wouldnt cave in so abysmally.

C''mon Scotland, at least you show some passion, without many premiership players, and certainly none of 50k a day brigade!!

RANT OVER

Apparently the board are holding off making a full-time appointment as they wish to appoint McClaren should he become available in the near future!

[quote user="HUDDY "]

Whats the point in us having a national football team??

There isnt one. Unfortunately, our so called stars are a bunch of overpaid, pri madonnas, of which the majority couldnt give a ****.  Russia, Croatia and all but the odd country in europe are of a lower standard than an average premiership side. I doubt many of the Russians would get in tottenhams team. But thats besides the point.

The England players have no pride in representing their country, they dont battle to the end like Scotland, or Russia. (Good clearance Mr Lescott- well watched as pavulac...wateva beat you to the ball). England have on paper, on club form a side capable of beating anyone in the world, but when they plain for their country it makes me laugh. Our defence looked like 4 prats picked off my local park.

We were 2nd to every ball, aaarrrghhhh, is a synthetic pitch, on a cold night in moscow to munch for poor old rio to handle.  Bless my cotton socks, quick, get him some more gloves. Actually dont worry, i''m sure he''ll feel warmer when he pockets another 100k at the end of the week. Perhaps, we should play our next game against croatia up at Hartlepool on that mid winters night.

National Team should be scrapped, or we should play  a Championship X1, the best of the championship would certainly have pride, they arent on such ridiculous money and mor used to not buying a new car every week, or living in £10 million mansions. That side should still be good enough to beat macedconia, estonia, andorra and israel!, and wouldnt cave in so abysmally.

C''mon Scotland, at least you show some passion, without many premiership players, and certainly none of 50k a day brigade!!

RANT OVER

[/quote]

Look on the bright side, old chap, there might be another Manager available shortly...................

That was just an awful. What is their bleedin problem?

We now have to rely on the mistakes of another team in order to qualify. Russia must not win both games vs Israel and Andorra otherwise we are not going to Austia/Switzerland next year. Even if Russia lose one and won the other we still have to win against Croatia at Wembley to qualify.

We need wages restructued to make these players hungry again. Make it commission-based. If they want the lastest Aston Martin and top designer gear they have to win a few games to get it, not get paid over-inflated wages all the time regardless of performance or result. I seriously think the wages is one part of the problem, its taken away the hunger to win.

I mean 0-0 with Israel for instance?! Are they taking the p***?! I don''t mean to sound ignorant but Israel are hardly world-beaters are they? Still got paid lots of money for that result though didn''t they?

I remember someone once said "They shouldn''t be paid to play for their country - its a privilege and an honour, not a chore". Damn right.

I''ll tell you why England lost, and these are in the exact word of the English Manager who qouted in after match interview - ''I never believed we''d lose the game''. Now psychologically he''d have downloaded that to his players in which case they too had never believed they could lose, and thats exactly why they lost. Believing they could not lose would have given them false logic that no matter how they played that this team called Russia could never beat them, so...why should they have to give 100% when in their minds they had already won on just 50%.

If it had been Italy, Spain or another of the big guns then yes, they would have believed they could lose and would have gone all out 110% to win the game. But they never. So, do not blame the players...this was clearly the fault of the managers stupidity that he believed that his team could not be beaten and passed this down to his players who in turn underperformed as in their minds they''d already won the game before the game even started.

[quote user="gcb...norwich"]What a stupid post...are you pissed?![/quote]What is stupid about it? I have travelled miles watching England on this and other campaigns and everything he says is spot on wasters!Just look at the men crying during national anthems before the Rugby that is pride and a team that wants it! Look what they have done!! The footballers are overpaid tossers! After I had camped in Germany travelling all over to watch them. I remember reading a article by Alex Curran and she was asked how was steven on the flight home "Miserable no doubt" He was ok she said we was going straight on holiday! Obviously planned on staying then T******!

[quote user="gcb...norwich"]What a stupid post...are you pissed?![/quote]

Stupid Post?

Why?

Everyone bar you seems to have agreed with me so far!

[quote user="gcb...norwich"]What a stupid post...are you pissed?![/quote]

What a stupid post...are you pissed, gcb?!

Yeah likewise...I have travelled miles to watch England too.  ''Scrap the national team''....uum let me think...yep that still sounds stupid to me!!!!!

Why are u talking about england on a norwich website? why dont we talk about a more important issue..every1 already knows england cant ever play as a team

well said. Paul Robinson is certainly no worth his place after yet another error today. I say call up big Joe Lewis for the Croatia game!!

very poor by england, im drunk as fluck. just got in. overpaid arses. gerrard looked poor again like all season, remind you of someone? big time charlie''s suck arse. time to start earning your wages. never a pen tho, outside the box but if it was for us we will never moan

If we don''t qualify, it might do the english game some good. It will have to wake up to the fact there are too many foreign players so good young english players never get a game at the highest level.

And Mourinho might become the next England manager if he turns down the Norwich job! [:)]

The biggest problem with our national team is the hype that surrounds it. We kid ourselves that we have the best players in the world and simply can''t comprehend how teams such as Russia or Croatia could ever beat us.

However, if you look at our so-called ''Golden Generation'' how many of them have ever performed consistently at international level. The likes of Beckham, Lampard, Gerrrard, Terry, A. Cole, J. Cole Rooney and Owen are all regularly built up as world class by the media but when have they ever strung together six or seven really great performances in a row? I''d probably exempt Owen from any criticism because he never really lets England down but the rest of them are woefully inconsistent. If you watch MOTD or read the newspapers you would think that Steven Gerrard was one of the top five players in the world but when was the last time he put in a truly great performance for England?

Anybody with half a clue about football (which seems to exclude Messrs Platt and Redknapp!) could see what was happening in yesterdays match from about 55-60 minutes. Whilst David Platt was commenting that England were defending "comfortably" the defence and midfield were dropping deeper and deeper. How many times did Campbell, Richards or Ferdinand make blocks and tackles from about 8-10 yards out? That''s not defending comfortably, it''s defending desperately.

I agree with the original poster to a certain extent that there seems to be a lack of pride in our national team but I think this extends to our fans as well as the players. The response of the Russian fans to their national anthem was awesome and the way they lifted their players in the second half was truly impressive. I certainly didn''t spot any Russian fans scanning their programmes to decide which player they were going to boo today. Perhaps both nations are getting the teams they deserve?

If me posting on here something that doesnt revolve around Norwich annoys you, then ignore it, but i really dont see the harm its doing! The 6,000 posts about our who our new manager is going to be get a bit repetative and its good to have some variety.

To the person who said they travel all over to watch england....More fool you.

Yes, Scotland lost and by all accounts didnt play too well, but my post was before their match. And still, they have done themselves proud by their overall performances in the ir group whatever the final outcome. most of the the time they show pure pride and passion in playing for their country, and have competed admirably in a tough group. They have few stars, and their players on paper wouldnt get in the England team, yet when they come together they raise their game.

[quote user="Sing up the river end "]I thought it was a good post until I see the bit "come on Scotland" ,sorry now think your an idiot :).For me it is a bit like saying come on Ips.......still can''t say it :)
[/quote]

Scotlands passion is their for all to see, they are British and for alot of things we call ourselves Britsih so why not get behind them!

[quote user="Sing up the river end "]I thought it was a good post until I see the bit "come on Scotland" ,sorry now think your an idiot :).For me it is a bit like saying come on Ips.......still can''t say it :)
[/quote]

So because hes English he invariably has to hate Scotland and show no support to them whatsoever? Does hating Scotland make someone "more English"?

Lots of people slag England off-rightly-and then big up national sides like Italy or France...

...but one of them might fail to qualify as well and miss out to Scotland at Euro 2008!

I reckon it''ll be France and this mega-friendly thats been arranged for the Spring between France and England as a "preparation" for the tournament will be between two countries that haven''t qualified!

To think Italy, World Cup holders might not be there...or France, finalists last year, winners in 1998, Euro Champs in 1984 and 2000...well, are they having inquests as well?

Stephen Gerrard said in the press this morning "...its unthinkable to have a Euro championships without England..." -unthinkable to who, Mr Gerrard? You and your England mates perhaps, but not to us, and certainly not to the rest of Europe! The problem is, if Israel get a result vs Russia and we scrape through, come next year it''ll all start up, "we can win this" and all the players will be saying its the best squad yet etc etc, its our time etc etc, and the press, the same press who joy in slagging England off will be agreeing, saying we are hot favourites, will cruise through to the final, Rooney will get at least 10 goals and Gerrard is the best player in the world...

...to then crucify them again when we don''t!

We perhaps need to stop thinking we are so dominant and so important on a national basis. We are dominant in terms of ego but play andtrophies, woefully short. I am glad that England may well not qualify-its a kick up the backside for many complacent people, not least the FA and certainly some of our ego centric and "holier than thou" players.

Who said pick a Championship XI earlier-hear hear! Someone pick one please, bet its quite decent!

Huddy; I agree, unacceptable result. I also agree to some degree about over paid-players being the problem, not showing the same fight and desire as Scotland for example, or even the team of ''66. However, I don''t believe this is the big reason, I quite simply think that the likes of Gerrard, Lampard, Owen, Ferdinand, etc, just aren''t as good as what some people make them out to be.

Rooney is a prime example. Great goal he scored, but it was his first competitive England goal for 2 years, maybe 3 I can''t remember. Paul Robinson, England''s No.1. If he is our number one, what on earth must the others be like? Lampard always looks average on the international stage, as does Rio Ferdinand at times (110k a week my backside Rio, him and Cashley are both disgraces).

Joe Cole, Wright-Phillips, the list is endless, we just are not as good a side on paper, never mind on the bleedin'' pitch, as what some people make us out to be.

[quote user="Old Shuck"]

Who said pick a Championship XI earlier-hear hear! Someone pick one please, bet its quite decent!

[/quote]

That was me, i''ll have a go tomorrow, when i''m more awake.

Thorpe,

No were not as good as we think,

but the russian / croatian strikers whatever wouldnt get in the man utd team ahead of rooney or picked at newcastle ahead of owen.

Lampard and Gerrard would be picked at their clubs ahead of every midfielder in them two squads.

And, there would be no player in the russia or cxroatia squads that sir alex ferguson would sign and play ahead of Rio ferdinad i can assure you.

I''m not saying we ar ethe best in the world, but weve got better players than Russia and Croatia, its the passion, desire, and unity thats the problem. overpaid primadonnas.

You are right with the goalies though, Robinson, Englands Number 1, hahahahaha. Not sure if he''s the best we''ve got (which is funny) or whehter Mclaren overrates him!

Personally I don''t buy into the stuff about the England players not being as good as people think. Individual player quality we''re as good as anyone out there and I am fully aware of what other teams have got. Englands problem is finding a system that works and using the right players in it.

There''s more to it than just branding the players a load of overpaid and overrated wannabes.

[quote user="HUDDY "]

but the russian / croatian strikers whatever wouldnt get in the man utd team ahead of rooney or picked at newcastle ahead of owen.

Lampard and Gerrard would be picked at their clubs ahead of every midfielder in them two squads.

And, there would be no player in the russia or cxroatia squads that sir alex ferguson would sign and play ahead of Rio ferdinad i can assure you.

[/quote]

That doesn''t mean that they are worse players though, it just means they are less suited to the style of football in The Premiership.

The 100mph, thrill a minute style of The Premiership may be great to watch but it does nothing to help our players prepare for international football. If the players were brought up playing a more measured style of football then it would prepare them for what is needed when you''re leading Russia 1-0 away from home. Instead The Premiership teaches them that possesion is not that important as if you lose the ball the opposition will probably give it back to you two minutes later. In that last thirty minutes on Wednesday we needed players who could keep the ball and cause Russia to use their energy in chasing us, but we just don''t seem to produce enough players with either the skill or the intelligence to play like that.

Missing out on the European Championships should lead to huge questions being asked of the FA and it should lead to a complete overhaul in the way our kids our coached. Unfortunately it will probably just lead to McLaren getting sacked, a big name coach being brought in to replace him and the same cycle starting over again.