Sign in to follow this  
silver fox

Gunn - contacts - players in?

Am I right in thinking that the only person that Gunn has brought to the club since taking up his new appointment is John Hartson who hasn''t played a competitive match for ages?  There was a lot of talk about his good contacts, especially Ferguson at Man Utd, but where are all these players?

He is not a professional scout or agent . . . . why is he in charge of finding the players we need

This is stupid get some professionals who have spent their lives doing that very job!!!

Stop being little familly ncfc and be a competitive football club!!!

[quote user="YellowIce"]

He is not a professional scout or agent . . . . why is he in charge of finding the players we need

This is stupid get some professionals who have spent their lives doing that very job!!!

Stop being little familly ncfc and be a competitive football club!!!

[/quote]

Exactly my point!

It smacks of "jobs for friends" - just what kind of example does this set? You don''t have to work for a position at NCFC, it seems.

Christ, Gunn, legend and great bloke though he is, has been working in the offices since returning to Carrow Road. He''s an ex-goalkeeper with no scouting experience and no coaching experience (unless you count the training days he does with the 8 year olds alongside Jerry Goss!) I was appalled to see him introducing our latest signing, John Hartson. I even hear he''s been taking training since Grant left, which worries me more than slightly.