Sign in to follow this  
canary cherub

Jim Duffy in charge for at least 2 games

According to Radio Norfolk this morning.

Neil Doncaster also interviewed about the AGM, usual waffle on the whole, but did a good goldfish impersonation when they asked him "are you willing to be judged on the club''s position?" -  "Errm bleeargh gloop . . . I don''t know what that means really".  What the interviewer was trying to ascertain Neil, was whether you understand the concept of taking responsibility for your actions.  For future reference, the correct answer was "Yes".

Doncaster Should hang his head in shame. This manager thing has gone on to long. This to me is total and utter incompetance both from him and the board. simply putting your heads in a big pile of sand is not good enough. doncaster get it sorted or if you can''t resign and let my 3yr old daughter do the job, i am sure she''ll do a better job than you.

DONCASTER OUT

If they are going to make us wait until the middle of next week then I expect this appointment to be a very good one. 

I just get the feeling the board are stalling so that Duffy can win the next 2 games and then their decision to appoint Jim Duffy (which has probably already been made) will look justified.  

Peter grant will then be installed as Duffy''s assistant and we will be right back to square one or is that League 1.

Basically they are being there usual tight assed selves!!

They have there fingers crossed big time Duffy gains a couple of Draws or better, then they will say there is an improvement and appoint the loser!!

They are a joke they should be going all out for the best candidate!! All they will be looking for is a "Yes" man that will not cost a lot!!!

[quote user="ronbol ronbol"]

Doncaster Should hang his head in shame. This manager thing has gone on to long. This to me is total and utter incompetance both from him and the board. simply putting your heads in a big pile of sand is not good enough. doncaster get it sorted or if you can''t resign and let my 3yr old daughter do the job, i am sure she''ll do a better job than you.

DONCASTER OUT

[/quote]

If they''d made a decision quickly, you berate them for rushing it...

[quote user="mystic megson"]

Neil Doncaster also interviewed about the AGM, usual waffle on the whole, but did a good goldfish impersonation when they asked him "are you willing to be judged on the club''s position?" -  "Errm bleeargh gloop . . . I don''t know what that means really".  What the interviewer was trying to ascertain Neil, was whether you understand the concept of taking responsibility for your actions.  For future reference, the correct answer was "Yes".

[/quote]

If it wasn`t all so worrying Mystic i think i would be rolling on the floor in hysterics. The board were quite happy to take the plaudits on promotion, but now the downward spiral on the pitch is anyone elses fault but theirs. I always assumed Doncaster was, at least, an intelligent bloke but at the moment he is coming across as a buffoon who just can`t grasp the situation he is in.

So where`s the case for the defense then anyone.......?

If he has only got the next 2 games, what a baptism of fire it will be for the new man after that ......

West Brom (A)

Ipswich (H)

Watford (H)

all in the following 10 days

dont want duffy as the next manager he must carry some of the blame for the hole we are in .... duffy and gunn pls no

[quote]

If it wasn`t all so worrying Mystic i think i would be rolling on

the floor in hysterics. The board were quite happy to take the plaudits

on promotion, but now the downward spiral on the pitch is anyone elses

fault but theirs. I always assumed Doncaster was, at least, an

intelligent bloke but at the moment he is coming across as a buffoon

who just can`t grasp the situation he is in.

So where`s the case for the defense then anyone.......?[/quote]

Go on then, I like a challenge...

Assuming you mean "Why has Duffy been given 2 games", half of this message board were predicting that the board would rush an appointment in order to sweep talk about poor performance under the carpet at the AGM.  It hasn''t happened because they want to get it right.  It takes time to get people in for interviews, especially if these people are currently employed.  In the mean time, Duffy gets an opportunity to prove that most of what was wrong was the over-thinking and public statements of Peter Grant, and that knowing the players gives him a short-cut to getting the squad performing.

This line scares me the most

We are delighted that Jim Duffy has applied for the position and he will be interviewed alongside the other short-listed candidates

[quote user="ob1"][quote user="ronbol ronbol"]

DONCASTER OUT

[/quote]

If they''d made a decision quickly, you berate them for rushing it...

[/quote]

Absolute rubbish. i for one was extremely impressed with the way Palace went out and got the man they wanted. God i wonder what world you live on ob1? We lack balls and ambition and the board are as usual hoping for a little luck with the next couple of games under Duffy. If he gets a couple of points they will say its a improvement and appoint him, if they lose they have a get out card. Its to easy these days ob1 and i for one cant believe people still cant see the way these lot operate.

[quote user="blahblahblah"][quote]

If it wasn`t all so worrying Mystic i think i would be rolling on the floor in hysterics. The board were quite happy to take the plaudits on promotion, but now the downward spiral on the pitch is anyone elses fault but theirs. I always assumed Doncaster was, at least, an intelligent bloke but at the moment he is coming across as a buffoon who just can`t grasp the situation he is in.

Assuming you mean "Why has Duffy been given 2 games", half of this message board were predicting that the board would rush an appointment in order to sweep talk about poor performance under the carpet at the AGM.  It hasn''t happened because they want to get it right.  It takes time to get people in for interviews, especially if these people are currently employed.  In the mean time, Duffy gets an opportunity to prove that most of what was wrong was the over-thinking and public statements of Peter Grant, and that knowing the players gives him a short-cut to getting the squad performing.

[/quote]

Yeah it took Palace forever to get the man they wanted didnt it?? Its called balls and its something our lot lack.

[quote user="Mr.Carrow"][quote user="mystic megson"]

[/quote]

So where`s the case for the defense then anyone.......?

[/quote]

If you think that''s funny Mr C, prepare to wet yourself.

You know that £1.3m loan they''ve just taken out for "office development"?  We thought it was a new office development didn''t we, and that was bad enough.  It isn''t though.  Read today''s article on the Pinkun page and it turns out to be for refurbishing the offices in the Jarrold Stand.  When was the Jarrold Stand built?  All of three years ago.  They say that revenue from the offices will pay for the loan, but not how many years it will take . . . 

You couldn''t make it up.

I think this deserves a question all of its own at the AGM, don''t you?

Grant has always been a great coach wherever he''s been. One day probably a great manager. No.2 to Duffy that makes alot of sense.

NB . this is slightly t.i.c.

Think about it, they''re hardly likely to say to Duffy," p*ss off you''ve no chance of getting the job, now shove your application up your @rse" are they.

If they said that he''d tell them to shove it and who would step in then for the short term, Terry  Postle the kit man?!!!

No, don''t say it!!

OTBC

[quote user="Cluck"]Yep. He''ll fluke a couple of wins because of the "new manager" syndrome and then he''ll be a serious candidate if not our new manager.[/quote]

Is there an echo is here?       [:)]

M@®TíN....I am looking for a new secretary, would you be willing to provide a reference for her ?

Unfortunately she has developed a puncture and would be somewhat of a let down.....however if you''re desperate I think she could still manage shorthand........

Yep, been in them, housing FITC, Broadland Housing and something else, can''t remember. Been there for at least two years. Been inside, very plush. Sorry I thought everyone knew it was for the those, not new offices yet to be built.

Mystic, new flats plans revealed and admitted to at AGM (Kerrison Holdings). Some one worked out they could generate income of 10m, board didn''t deny.

Lets wish JD all the best. As long as we start winning I dont care who`s in charge...............

OTBC

[quote user="blahblahblah"][quote]

[/quote]

Sorry BlahX3, i was referring to Doncaster`s seeming inability to understand that the board might have to be accountable for their actions. If they appoint another unproven manager and we don`t improve on last seasons finish, will they continue the "not me guv`" charade and will anyone be daft enough to still back them?

[quote]Sorry BlahX3, i was referring to Doncaster`s seeming inability to

understand that the board might have to be accountable for their

actions. If they appoint another unproven manager and we don`t improve

on last seasons finish, will they continue the "not me guv`" charade

and will anyone be daft enough to still back them?[/quote]My mistake old chap, thankfully I believe that Mr Turner provided me with the answer to this last night.  [quote user="Andrew Turner"]

To start we believe Neil is the right man. But don''t think

that means we will give him an easy time. Quite the opposite. As

independent Directors we will be constantly assessing his performance

and holding him to account. Next we have a business plan that has been

developed by Neil and his team which we review and update on a regular

at least monthly basis. And so far we are broadly on track in

delivering that plan.

Fourthly what is our commitment to you? Its simple really.

We are very happy to be held to account. We have set ourselves our own

objectives of what we want the Club to achieve. First and foremost

amongst that is promotion to the Premier League. If we don''t achieve

that in a reasonable timeframe we will unquestionably step down and let

someone else try to.[/quote]Assessment of performance, Accountability, Business Plan, Objectives.  Yes they''re buzz-words, but if it means that the people making decisions are making commitments to getting things done, getting us moving, then that has to be an improvement on what has gone before.

I agree. You lot need to get behind Jim Duffy and the team on Saturday and get a win. I understand that Jim did a good job on Thursday night at the AGM fielding your questions and I believe he showed a good insight into players minds and what was needed both on the field and in the Board Room. Lets give him a go! Lets all lighten up a bit....eh?