Sign in to follow this  
First Wizard

Silly Newbies!

Try answering a few of the excisting threads on here, instead of creating your own new subjects, tghus drivingt good subjects of the boards.

Interesting debates have all but stopped on here because of these 10 post Johnies.

Behave!.

[quote user="1st Wizard"]

Try answering a few of the excisting threads on here, instead of creating your own new subjects, tghus drivingt good subjects of the boards.

[/quote]

Is this the richest post of the year so far. If it isn''t, I can''t think what is?!?! Unbelievable, even for you.

Interesting debates have all but stopped on here because of these 10 post Johnies.

Behave!.

[/quote]

New johnnies should only be given one go......           [Y]

Can you still be a newbie after 1,722 posts then?  Otherwise they are just following where BlyBlyBabes/ByeByeBoard has been going for years.

Behave!.

[/quote]

Memo to myself:

Check spelling before posting!.[;)]

[quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="1st Wizard"]

Behave!.

[/quote]

Memo to myself:

Check spelling before posting!.[;)]

[/quote]

It''s not the words...but their meaning that matters Wiz.....

We all suffer from "fat finger syndrome" from time to time..............[:)]

Lol Cluck.[:D]

It''s a pity that threads with zero or 3 or less replies are pushing off the main board, threads which are running into 3 pages or more.

And in general, its the sudden influx of new members on here which are causing it, many new threads started, could have been avoided by just answering excisting threads anyway!.

This practice is ruining good debate and arguements on here, cannot the web team ''pin'' certain interesting threads or something?.

Good idea''s vanish quicker than they appear at times![N]

It''s a pity that threads with zero or 3 or less replies are pushing off the main board, threads which are running into 3 pages or more.

And in general, its the sudden influx of new members on here which are causing it, many new threads started, could have been avoided by just answering excisting threads anyway!.

This practice is ruining good debate and arguements on here, cannot the web team ''pin'' certain interesting threads or something?.

[/quote]On that basis, can we lock this thread as it serves no further useful purpose ?

[/quote]

Do you share the suspicion that some of the "usual suspects" may have discarded their previous wooly clothes out of shame?

Not for one minute would I believe they would do such a thing of course....... [;)]

[quote]We all suffer from "fat finger syndrome" from time to time....[/quote]Well why don''t you shake your "fat head syndrome" in the free bet this weekend thread.  Who knows, you might get a prediction right at the 5th attempt [:)]

Chicken Little said:[quote]

Do you share the suspicion that some of the "usual suspects" may have discarded their previous wooly clothes out of shame?

[/quote]

More fool them - it can get quite cold in winter.  The more wool the better as it keeps you toastily warm!

[/quote]

Good post there Wiz. I know what you mean and it certainly does make the board look untidy.

You would think really, that to help combat this, the Web Team could merge threads together to make it look tidier.

How''s about it Web Team?

[quote user="blahblahblah"][quote]We all suffer from "fat finger syndrome" from time to time....[/quote]

Well why don''t you shake your "fat head syndrome" in the free bet this weekend thread.  Who knows, you might get a prediction right at the 5th attempt [:)]
[/quote]

Feeling a tad touchy incase your "Fallen Madonna With The Big Booboos" might get some flack tonight Blub?.......

I detect despair.........        [;)]

Sometimes we merge threads if there''s lots of similar new threads on breaking news, but merging threads that have got going can lead to confusion because posts get listed in time order. And it a bit of a slow process.Simplistic example - Poster B''s view gets changed.THREAD 1Poster A, 5:00pm: I think Grant was great.Poster B, 5:02pm: I agree.THREAD 2Poster C, 5.01pm: I think Grant was awful.THREAD 1+2 MERGEDPoster A, 5:00pm: I think Grant was great.Poster C, 5:01pm: I think Grant was awful.Poster B, 5:02pm: I agree.

And also... If you look at at the bottom of the topics page in each forum (e.g. http://www.pinkun.com/cs/forums/180/ShowForum.aspx) you will see a box that looks like this:[img]http://www.pinkun.com/cs/Themes/default/images/forumoptions.gif[/img]Click it (not the one above!) and, should you wish, you can can sort threads to show the ones with the greatest replies, views, how recent, etc.

Behave!.

[/quote]Silly newbies? It''s like an online game now! You''re a NOOB *sticks out tounge*It''s not a game Wiz, although, your posts may demonstrate otherwise [;)]

Behave!.

[/quote]

I never thought it would come to this WIZ as your spelling has always been exemplary ,never a letter wrong .

But..........have..........you..........had..........lots..........of..........medicine..........today?..........[;)] arrdee.

[quote user="Cluck"]I detect despair.........[/quote]

Only the same despair any Norwich fan feels at the moment, 22nd in the league, new manager required again, rather worryingly it''s becoming the usual.  I think you read me wrong, but I would say that. I think that the most interesting people that post here are the likes of Mr Carrow and Mystic Megson.  Cheerleaders, extreme pessimists and angry old men like Wiz and yourself only have a limited purpose.  If you''re going to challenge people who do the job then you need to find the right questions to ask.  Mr Carrow and Mystic Megson ask the right kind of questions, but without a counter-point, a devils'' advocate to challenge their opinions, they would quickly slide off page one, and wouldn''t need to re-think.  This is where people like myself and nutty nigel come in.  I believe that to a very limited extent, it is possible that message boards like this can push agendas into the media that can get back to the club, but it''s much like putting a message in a bottle.  The more waves of us and them, sheep and realists, extreme pessimism and extreme optimism (and I am as guilty of this as anyone) there are, the easier it is for the bottles to get lost.  Good to see that you''ve started to raise your game recently though, when I''m not attempting to have a laugh, I sometimes try to do the same.

Behave!.

[/quote]

True that Wiz!

Keep up the law and order

[quote user="blahblahblah"]

Only the same despair any Norwich fan feels at the moment, 22nd in the league, new manager required again, rather worryingly it''s becoming the usual.  I think you read me wrong, but I would say that. I think that the most interesting people that post here are the likes of Mr Carrow and Mystic Megson.  Cheerleaders, extreme pessimists and angry old men like Wiz and yourself only have a limited purpose.  If you''re going to challenge people who do the job then you need to find the right questions to ask.  Mr Carrow and Mystic Megson ask the right kind of questions, but without a counter-point, a devils'' advocate to challenge their opinions, they would quickly slide off page one, and wouldn''t need to re-think.  This is where people like myself and nutty nigel come in.  I believe that to a very limited extent, it is possible that message boards like this can push agendas into the media that can get back to the club, but it''s much like putting a message in a bottle.  The more waves of us and them, sheep and realists, extreme pessimism and extreme optimism (and I am as guilty of this as anyone) there are, the easier it is for the bottles to get lost.  Good to see that you''ve started to raise your game recently though, when I''m not attempting to have a laugh, I sometimes try to do the same.

[/quote]

I think those lost bottles you mention "blah"  lovely old Wiz has found them [:D] arrdee. sorry Wiz i can''t help it .

[quote user="blahblahblah"]

[/quote]

Cluck even got on my tits....but it brought unspoken truths out into the light and served it''s purpose. It''s odd that many of the forum heavyweights saw through it...yet you didn''t.

He''s been retired now anyway....so you''ll just have to take it out on his brother Neil from now on....however I believe he too can be a little bit cutting if he gets rattled..........

[quote user="NEIL CLUCKCASTER"][quote user="1st Wizard"]

[/quote]

[/quote] Unless of course the are open at both ends and you can use them twice !

[quote user="Dowp End"][quote user="NEIL CLUCKCASTER"][quote user="1st Wizard"]

[/quote]

[/quote]
Unless of course the are open at both ends and you can use them twice !
[/quote]

ROFLMFAO!!!!!!!![:D]

Perhaps they''re posting separately because the ''oldies'' are bogging down threads with their pointless bitching at each other - which normally results in one of you spouting the old ''free speech'' cliche. Which is precisely what newbies are entitled to, I would assume?

[quote user="Goalden Canary"]

What classes a Newbie. The date they joined, or the amount of posts?

Just Asking?

[/quote]

It''s either ........................

1)Someone who isn''t a member of the Grand Order of Water Rats etc etc or some other ultra-exclusive little club

2)Anyone that isn''t willing their team to lose because they''ve got some deep-seated personal gripe with DS

3)Someone who happens to hold an opposite, or more moderate, view to the cosy little clique on this MB that wants to see the entire NCFC board lynched from the top of City Hall[:S]

[quote]

It''s either ........................

1)Someone who isn''t a member of the Grand Order of Water Rats etc etc or some other ultra-exclusive little club

2)Anyone that isn''t willing their team to lose because they''ve got some deep-seated personal gripe with DS

3)Someone who happens to hold an opposite, or more moderate, view to

the cosy little clique on this MB that wants to see the entire NCFC

board lynched from the top of City Hall[/quote]Oooh Oooh, can I be a newbie, they sound great ! [:)]And anyway, I thought it was pronounced n00b on these type-writer doohickey things.

[quote user="CID"]

3) or more moderate view to the cosy little clique on this MB that wants to see the entire NCFC board lynched from the top of City Hall[:S]

[/quote]

Come on, own up, who leaked our battle plans?.[:D]