Sign in to follow this  
Steelsilver

4 points and Duffy has it!!!!!!!!

Credible rumour is that the board are to give Duffy a chance to grab 4 points in the next 2 games and will reward him the Managers post if succesful. If this is true then please support Bristol this weekend. Stupid board are gonna get us shot down to the next division.

[quote user="Steelsilver"] If this is true then please support Bristol this weekend. [/quote]

what a stupid thing to say!

Ok so if duffy does get 4 or even 6 points he will probably get the job.. but u NEVER support the opposition... wanting them to win means your not a loyal fan im afraid... i trust we will be seeing you with a red shirt on this saturday then?

jas :)

I think we are going down this season whoever gets the job , to many third rate players bought this summer and we look head and shoulders the worst team in this division ,Bet 365 have us at 9/4 to be relegated that says it all really.

[quote user="Steelsilver"]Credible rumour is that the board are to give Duffy a chance to grab 4 points in the next 2 games and will reward him the Managers post if succesful. If this is true then please support Bristol this weekend. Stupid board are gonna get us shot down to the next division.[/quote]

That''s just as stupid (if true) as the ultimatum that was given to Worthy last year! So if we get these points and give Duffy the job but we then lose the next 5 and are bottom of the pack, what then?? It''s very likely we will get 4 points due simply to the ''new manager'' syndrome - happened last year with PG (6 points) and then it all went downhill.

I still don''t think Duffy will get the job now that Munby has stuck his neck out boasting of all these international players, managers, Premiership managers etc. who (alledgedly) are all climbing over each other for the post. Mind you I have no confidence in the Board at all to get it right this time judging by Turners remark about PG!  

We have had 2 weeks of people coming on here and saying I heard something from a reliable source and it has ALL turned out to be rubbish, so I shall take this post with a pinch of salt aswell and I suggest others do the same.

This is exactly what I have been saying since the board said he will have ATLEAST the next two games. I think a good win tomorrow, and he''ll be confirmed Monday.

I don''t want the Duff Man to get it, but it is the cheap option, and the board seem to be giving him a good chance to get it.

I hate how this is shaping up, and really think We could be the next Wimbledon, Swindon, Bradford etc.

I don''t agree if duffy gets the job then it will be based on the belief that he is the best man to take us forward not the results of the next two games.  Personally I don''t think they will choose him.  Also if the turners comments are anything to go by it will be a high quality appointment whatever the cost.  All will be revealed next week.

[quote user="1st Wizard"]Which is exactly why I won''t be too upset if Bristol beat us mate.[/quote]

I won''t go as far as to cheer Bristol on, but if we lose, it will be the case of every cloud has a silver lining!

After all the spin about 50 applicants, International managers, Prem managers etc etc, if Duff gets it then its a disgrace!

[quote user="Steelsilver"]Credible rumour is that the board are to give Duffy a chance to grab 4 points in the next 2 games and will reward him the Managers post if succesful. If this is true then please support Bristol this weekend. Stupid board are gonna get us shot down to the next division.[/quote]

My mother''s grandfather''s bestfriends mailman said this.................. I''ll believe this when you say me something called...

PROOF!

If they want Duffy to have the job, they should have had the balls to offer it to him as soon as Grant left.

Going through all of this rigamarole about applicants and interviews and boasting last night about who had applied and where they were at the moment, the crowing about them being "high calibre"...and then giving it to Duffy...they don''t think we''re going to fall for that are they?

A case of hoping to be seen to be doing and saying the right thing but falling back on what they had always intended. Nope, they should either have given it to him there and then, straight away-or made it clear that he would not be a candidate. Indecision and misting over of issues as usual.

Why has everybody got it in for Duffy. He''s not my first choice BUT he has got Dundee to europe and St Mirren promoted (who are a very small club.) I know his record isn''t perfection but I''d prefer him to Martin Allen who has NEVER got a club promoted and lasted all of 4 games with Leicester (Milan Manadric knows what he''s doing just look at what he did with Portsmouth.)

As I say I''m not a big Duffy fan but I don''t think that everyone targeting him is fair especially as he is not the worst candidate (consider Crook, Bowen, Allen etc.) 

Pathetic there is absolutely no truth in this particular post about Duffy. In fact much of the stuff that people post on this forum is just plainly made up by people with time on their hands and degrades the relevance of this particular forum. I am not myself happy with the current state of the club but to those who resort to just making things up I ask what benefit does it serve.  

[quote user="Salahuddin"]

[quote user="1st Wizard"]Which is exactly why I won''t be too upset if Bristol beat us mate.[/quote]

I won''t go as far as to cheer Bristol on, but if we lose, it will be the case of every cloud has a silver lining!

[/quote]

I really can''t see where there''s ANY silver lining in losing games when you''re staring down at foot of the table. It seems perverse reasoning to wish for even further failure on the pitch to offset something that isn''t necessarily going to happen - i.e. Duffy being appointed as manager . There''s absolutely no concrete evidence to support this frenzy regarding   -"Will they - Won''t they - They wouldn''t dare, surely" - regarding Duffy [*-)]

[quote user="Salahuddin"]After all the spin about 50 applicants, International managers, Prem managers etc etc, if Duff gets it then its a disgrace![/quote]

Yeah. Its easy to say "We''ve had 50 high-quality applicants" but how many of those can they afford to take on?

It''ll be Duffy me thinks. I''ll give him his chance if it is but I can''t say I''m hopeful.

[quote user="Salahuddin"]After all the spin about 50 applicants, International managers, Prem managers etc etc, if Duff gets it then its a disgrace![/quote]

"We feel that Duffy is a suitable manager for us, he''s Scottish and he''s cheaper than the other candidates with exceptional reputation"

Quite right it is all very well talking about relagations and promotions, but you also have to look at the circumstances surrounding these events.  I also agree that although duffy would not be my first choice he is not the worst option either and if he were to get the job I will be in full support for him.  As I have said previously I don''t think it will be him anyway.

The "International managers" will be Steve Staunton and Aage Haredie (sp., I know!).

Duffy has opponents as he is seen as part of the previous failed regime-you get rid of the rotten apple by throwing it all away, not just some of it. Drury has already been quoted as saying "not much" has changed under Duffy. Will that mean results?

Of course, if he does get offered and takes the job I''ll get behind him and give him every chance going. But I think its the wrong appointment and he is the wrong manager at the wrong club at the moment. However, IF, after a few weeks, much talk, more spin and then some more, and he is still appointed Manager, you have to wonder (a) who the other candidates were, (b) who applied who was then rejected by the Board for an interview, and, cynically, (c) if he always was the favourite, but, because you have to make a job ''available'' for anyone to apply, they''re going through the motions and seen to be doing so, but only have eyes for him.

We''ll see.

Having thought about it, if Duffy can get 4 points for us against Bristol City and Burnley away (a point away in any match is a rarity these days), on the back of the performance against QPR, then quite frankly he deserves the job.

“The managerial appointment is our top priority,” said Andrew, wife Sharon by his side.

“And the lucky thing for us is that Central Trust is a certain size where I can do that, I can clear my desk and hand things off to other people.

“We need to get a manager in; the longer we delay there''ll be a period of unrest - so we want to get someone in and crack on with the rest of the season. And I still firmly believe that we have the players to do the job.”

It''s finding a manager to do the job that is, of course, the $64 million dollar question. Or whatever figure it takes to get Mr Right into the hot seat.

“The managers that we have spoken to so far have been affordable - and I mean the good quality ones are affordable. And this is an appointment that we must get right.

“And this is not a time for us to penny-pinch, quite frankly. We need to go and get the best manager possible who can do the job for us and get us into the Premiership. It''s as simple as that.”

[quote user="ncfc1"]I think we are going down this season whoever gets the job , to many third rate players bought this summer and we look head and shoulders the worst team in this division ,Bet 365 have us at 9/4 to be relegated that says it all really.[/quote]whoever comes in will have a mountain to climb, with little or no dosh - unless the board puts some more money in.   despite having reputable candidates apparently gagging to come here, i feel sure the board have duffy lined up, simple as.  more such a lack of imagination and money, its no wonder we are 9/4 to go down.  shocking odds from independent assessors with no axe to grind, just based on real observations - and given our displays, who could argue against them.  we mostly have the look of a forest and a whiff of a leeds about us in our play.  we shall see where we are against in form bristol tommorrow.