Sign in to follow this  
Pottsy

Ricardo Fuller

Just read on Sky Sports that Ricardo Fuller has put in a transfer request at Preston. Having watched him play and read reports on him he would be a great signing for us. Hes got a bit of everything pace and strength and can also hold the ball up. A partnership of Fuller and Hucks would definitely score goals in the prem, with Svensson and Mckenzie as back up and Jarvis out on loan. Obviously depends on price as people were talking a few million last season but transfer request and only a year left on his contract should lower the price.

I''m sorry, but nothing I have ever seen of Fuller suggests to me he is anything more than a Div 1 (or whatever the hell it''s called now) player. Sure he has pace to burn, but at FCR at the end of last season, he looked an absolute donkey - his control and touch and awareness reminded me of Akinbiyi when he was at the club.

No thanks, not for me.......

I agree also liked the look of Dickson Etuhu Prestons powerful midfielder, we are probably covered for central midfield, still need coverage at Centre Back however. Darren Kenton perhaps!

peter,please don''t try to ressurect that old chestnut again darren ain''t going anywhere

He''s someone that''s always raved about, but I''ve never been that impressed. Has scored a few goals in Div 1 but nothing outstanding. For the price Preston will be looking for (£2M I should think) I''d rather get someone else.

Mark my words though- WEST BROM WILL CONFIRM THEIR INTEREST IN THE NEXT COUPLE OF DAYS!!! I guarantee it!

Teamtalk have already ''Claimed'' that us and the dingles are ''Locked in a fierce battle'' to sign him. Whether we will express an interest or not is doubtful. Megson as already stated he is trying to keep his cards close to his chest, so it''s unlikely any official interest will be announced. However, like I say we have already been linked with him by the ''Highly reliable'' ;) teamtalk website so expect tomorrows papers and WBA websites to be full of speculation.

Out of interest, would any of you have him at your club?

I think we need another defender, or two, rather than additional fire power, at the moment

I for one would love Fuller at Carrow Road and everytime i''ve seen the lad play i''ve been impressed.

Remember we haev''nt replaced Iwan yet and we have a vacant no9 shirt going!!

Fuller would be a fantastic signing for us, at Carrow Road he looked quality, however my dream team for the Palace game is now as follows....

1. Greeno
2. Glen Johnson (3 month loan)
3. Fleming
4. Jageilka (prob not spelt right) (1m)
5. Drury
6. Bentley
7. Safri / Holt (500k)
8. Francis
9. Brennan
10. Huckerby
11. Fuller (1.5m)

Subs From :

Mulryne, McVeigh, Holt / Safri, Gallagher, McKenzie, Svennson, Edworthy, Malky

I like the sound of Jagielka but we couldn''t get Johnson on loan. He''s too close to the first team at Chelsea- If there is such a thing!! As for Fuller, I would have thought West Brom will pay more than £1.5M for him