Sign in to follow this  
Cluck

GOOD LUCK AT THE AGM!........

Just a brief post to wish Mystic Megson...Mr. Carrow...Gazza and jas all the very best at the AGM.

You will be there with the support of a great many of us who have no voice in the room.....so when the inevitable "barracking" comes your way for being outspoken....remember that you are representing us too.

So....GOOD LUCK guys......and stand your ground.    [Y][Y][Y][Y]

(and don''t forget the camera!)

hahaha do not fear... kids for a quid, students for a fiver, adults for £10.00 and our wonderful catering will save the day!!!

Good luck to all those attending.... give them hell!!!

Spot on Cluck.

As I''ve said on another thread. The board will have no doubt have pressed ganged numerous unwavering loyal supporters to attend. They will also be rehearsing as we speak.

Don''t be put off by their stares and tuts - say what needs to said, ask what needs to be asked, and don''t give up until you have got the answers you (and we) want. 

Good luck - go in there knowing you are going to ask the questions all of us need an answer to - not the ones they want to get asked.

Have to say I am very envious...

The last two AGM''s have been the most staged efforts since "Macbeth". Honestly, they have taken lessons from the politburo at spin, word games and strategically placed speakers who just happen to...well, you get the picture.

I wish those attending tonight all the very best and look forward to reading about what happened tomorrow. I fear that dissenters will be shouted down and patronised as usual.

As Bob Marley sung, in part, albeit with more serious matters in mind:

Get Up, Stand Up, stand up for your right
Get Up, Stand Up, don''t give up the fight
Get Up, Stand Up. Life is your right
So we can''t give up the fight
Stand up for your right, Lord, Lord
Get Up, Stand Up. Keep on struggling on
Don''t give up the fight

Good luck.

OTBC

Thanks guys, I hope I get a chance to ask some questions, I know the drill and the way they plant the yesmen types......I know of another four or five people who don''t post on here who are going with the same intention of asking some searching questions. CA is going too, we will hold hands together for courage......

Will try to put something on here later in summary, but the press always attend and do a decent story.

gazzathegreat and others- good fortune and may your swords be sharp and true!

Please post a "AGM" post when you can & include all that happens-interesting thing about them is also whats not said or whats picked up indirectly, so keep your ears open!

Good luck from me too! The fact that they have to stage, plant and rehearse etc... says it all about them. Pathetic!I believe fans are more upset at present than ever during her reign and they may be in for a rocky ride tonight? I sure hope so!I live in hope that it will be announced that the Turners or someone else is taking over injecting cash and Mourinho unveiled as the new manager! I am convinced after today these losers have every intention of installing Duffy as a cheap option, after all they dont really care less about the football side of the business. Otherwise we would not be where we are now. Christ Watford show more ambition than us!

I think there''ll be far more dissentors than there has been in previous years and they''ll get a much rougher ride than before, good luck to everyone who is going and don''t take any crap from the deluded idiots who run this club. Until they are gone we will get nowhere near tasting premier league footy again.

I still do not think the board are fully aware of how deeply most fans feel about the current plight so I hope that point is allowed to be made.

Also, anyone know when the AGM finishes so I can come online later and get a first-hand account of the evenings events?

Just got in and a bit late to wish you guys luck now, anyway "May The Force Be With You"

There are many on hear backing change and will be supporting you all the way. 

Looking forward to hearing what goes on tonight, hopefully someone can post an account later with all the gory details?

No, I have not fallen for the spin, but I was quite interested in what Turner said, shame he didn''t say that he was getting in Cullam on the act, but what he said about Doncaster, was it a threat to his job? Yes, in my view, I liked what he had to say, he (and Sharon) seems the person who would shake things up, he won''t take any poo. I hope he does shake the board up, takes a bit more control and that, if we can''t get any new investment, Delia and Co, can stay on, and everything will be rosy.

By the way, the last bit, would be a joke, but it would be nice if every thing turned out good. I must lay of the Mushroom soup, must be the magic one''s.

I think it is a load of old waffle!!"But blaming each other won''t help matters."We are not blaming Each other, we are blaming all those F****** Idiots you are sat next to!Why are you not interseted in taking over??? Christ we need help, you have the money and this current set up is taking us only 1 place and that is league 1.What is this timeframe for getting to the Premiership (More politician talk) Just how far off track are we?  Christ, we have a load of shit players and the current regime (which now includes you) are talking about selling more! Just who could you sell?And finally "No" I will not support Jim or you and this board, you are the reasons we are in this mess! Remove that useless muppet Doncaster spend some F****** money on football instead of offices and tell us the timeframe of your laughable premiership plan!!!!!!!League 1 next season anybody????!!!!!!!

Only just seen your thread folks, I was out most of the day, but thanks a lot.

Too knackered to make much sense now, but believe it or not I actually forced the nearest thing you''ll ever get to a straight answer out of ND!  I didn''t really mean to do it, but Keith Roads had the mike and was having a right old go at D&M about increasing their majority shareholding thereby discouraging new investment.  Delia had already given us a sob story ("I''m doing it for YOU!" [+o(]), how lucky we are, no one else would be mad enough to invest in a loss-making business, etc. etc.

At that point, knowing that far from being loss-making we''d made over £12m profit in the past three seasons, such naked dishonesty made Mystic lose it.  Big time. You know when you''re going to be sick, you feel it coming up and you can''t stop it?  Well before I knew it I was heckling the board.  I heard this slightly strangulated woman''s voice yelling "You''ve made a profit for the last three years!" and behold it was me!  Munby and Doncaster went into automatic "lies, damned lies and statistics" mode, pulling figures out of the air about average Championship losses and parachute payments.  I carried on, "We''ve made a profit, go on, admit it!" and ND very very reluctantly admitted "We made a small profit last season, yes". 

Not much I know, but it''s not something ND is used to and it was the best I could do.  Together with Keith''s comments, possibly their most uncomfortable moment of the night, which admittedly isn''t saying much.

More tomorrow, but here''s a final thought.  If a business has to have the fact that it''s profitable dragged out of it at a shareholders meeting, isn''t that rather worrying?  You''d think it would be something to be proud of, not hidden.

[quote user="mystic megson"]

Too knackered to make much sense now, but believe it or not I actually forced the nearest thing you''ll ever get to a straight answer out of ND!  I didn''t really mean to do it, but Keith Roads had the mike and was having a right old go at D&M about increasing their majority shareholding thereby discouraging new investment.  Delia had already given us a sob story ("I''m doing it for YOU!" [+o(]), how lucky we are, no one else would be mad enough to invest in a loss-making business, etc. etc.

At that point, knowing that far from being loss-making we''d made over £12m profit in the past three seasons, such naked dishonesty made Mystic lose it.  Big time. You know when you''re going to be sick, you feel it coming up and you can''t stop it?  Well before I knew it I was heckling the board.  I heard this slightly strangulated woman''s voice yelling "You''ve made a profit for the last three years!" and behold it was me!  Munby and Doncaster went into automatic "lies, damned lies and statistics" mode, pulling figures out of the air about average Championship losses and parachute payments.  I carried on, "We''ve made a profit, go on, admit it!" and ND very very reluctantly admitted "We made a small profit last season, yes". 

Not much I know, but it''s not something ND is used to and it was the best I could do.  Together with Keith''s comments, possibly their most uncomfortable moment of the night, which admittedly isn''t saying much.

More tomorrow, but here''s a final thought.  If a business has to have the fact that it''s profitable dragged out of it at a shareholders meeting, isn''t that rather worrying?  You''d think it would be something to be proud of, not hidden.

[/quote]

Then why aren''t you proud of it MM instead of constantly throwing bile in the Board''s direction on this very point? 

[/quote]

I didn''t hear your comment but then if you didn''t have the microphone  guess only those sitting around you would have heard you. Must say Mystic that I was expecting you to ask a question or two as you had such strong views about the board, why didn''t you??

[/quote] Hi Mystic, yes heard you, well done. Keith (as always) spoke from the heart and although the majority of them in there still see Delia as a saint and DON''T KNOW about the statement Geoffrey Watling made re no one person should have majority of the shares - I really could see signs of the tides turning against them. The whole board were nervous and why did Shaun O''Hara answer most of the financial qs rather than ND? I have to say I thought they were uncomfortable throughout and never got into the usual guff (bar the opening address from Munby) - several points made re the buildings and league position can''t have gone down well. What did you think of Delia? She looked a tired and beaten woman and one who wants out to me. In a way I almost feel sorry for them, I do think most of them are real supporters of the club, but are clueless about football and need some real guidance. It was a revelation that Munby admitted they had made mistakes and had to learn from them!! Wow.... As CA and I also said, it''s an intimidating atmosphere but the cameras on the board probably tell you more than anything that actually comes out of their mouths. They all looked and behaved in a defensive way, as you say, a company making a profit? Ashamed to admit it? Why? To put off investors? If you want to attract a great new manager doesn''t he want to be reassured the club has investment to turn into new players etc, etc? Earlier on they waxed lyrically about what HAD attracted the managerial candidates - loyal and big crowds, great facilities, ground, Colney, SUPPORTIVE board.....?!.... The message they gave me was they DON''T want anyone of us (mere fans) to invest and take control away from them. If this club is so attractive to manage, why is it not an attractive business venture for someone with a couple of million? I had no confidence in them before the AGM, and nothing has changed. Don''t know about you Mystic, but the evening on 7th November (as mentioned at the AGM) re the finances could be very interesting indeed. Looking at it as objectively as I can, as I usually do re the whole AGM process, it''s a few hundred largely older supporters, a large proportion of whom probably sit in the City Stand never singing or encouraging the team on. Hardly a great and true representation of the support as a whole, much as the board would like you to believe about messageboard fans. Who can really say what the majority of the fans feel at present. If the atmosphere at CR is the most accurate barometer, not very much.

Yankee, the profit the club makes is NOT doing the team any favours. What profit we make is NOT being used to benefit team strengthening. As many people have highlighted on this m board and elsewhere (notably the likes of Richard Balls in the local press) - we continue to make a profit on player sales, yet don''t invest that in new and better players, we are careless in buying in players who have nasty and expensive clauses in their contracts.

I agree totally with Mystic. They are making a profit, yet we are in the relegation zone. Isn''t there something wrong somewhere? Sure the parachute payments will run out. The board are aware of that - and wasted a whole season dithering over the previous failing manager.....and wasted their chance to turn around our fortunes by appointing someone who had a better chance of getting us promoted. Can we do it this year? Only IF they appoint someone with enough quality. What are your impressions of their track record so far?

[/quote]

Did I get this right MM.........you got a straight answer from the '' Sultan of Spin '' ???

Well done for that world first. I think you deserve a gold brick in the '' Wall of Fame ''.

I''ll organise a whip-round........

[quote user="cityangel"][quote user="mystic megson"]

[/quote]

I didn''t hear your comment but then if you didn''t have the microphone  guess only those sitting around you would have heard you. Must say Mystic that I was expecting you to ask a question or two as you had such strong views about the board, why didn''t you??

[/quote]

The board heard it CA which is what matters.  So did Gazza.

The phrase "some people only hear what they want to hear" springs irresistibly to mind . . . [:P]

[/quote]

[Y] Nice one Mystic! I couldn`t make it last night due to being in a difficult position at work (only so many "fast ones" you can pull unfortunately.....) but if the November thing comes off i will be there. Public speaking is not my thing but i`m going to prepare some questions and hopefully the adrenaline will kick in enough to stand up and ask them.